It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Companies Are Using Aborted Human Fetuses in Their Food?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Here are more such companies

Aborted Fetal Products

Avoid Any Products Containing Aborted Fetal Cells

The following products are manufactured using aborted fetal cells:

PEPSI BEVERAGES
- All Pepsi soft drinks
- Sierra Mist soft drinks
- Mountain Dew soft drinks
- Mug root beer and other soft drinks
- No Fear beverages
- Ocean Spray beverages
- Seattle's Best Coffee
- Tazo beverages
- AMP Energy beverages
- Aquafina water
- Aquafina flavored beverages
- DoubleShot energy beverages
- Frappuccino beverages
- Lipton tea and other beverages

edit on Sun May 26 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

They aren't used in anything only in the process of testing a possible products safety levels. Live human testing in the early stages of a possible product is illegal just as it is to test on animals today. The next best thing is to test on human cells. If a product is put into a dish of fetus cells it shows the reaction between the new product being developed and human cells. If the chemicals in the new product react negatively to the fetus cells it is deemed unsafe for human use. When it became illegal to test on animals(or at the very least deemed unacceptable by the people) they had to find another way to test them for public safety. The cells of a fetus are uncompromised in that they are new and "Clean" and therefore give a better understanding of how the chemicals will react if used on living humans. I understand that it sounds bad to use them but I ask you this,what would you use as replacement? and if abortion is legal wouldn't it make sense to give some type of purpose to their existence?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The article is misleading.

I expected to see which companies or products have been found to contain fetus', like the misleading title eludes to.

It doesn't say they are used in the food as an ingredient but that they might be used for research.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

How do they get thousands of human fetuses everyday to supply their production lines?!....Wouldn't it be much cheaper and less controversial to just use the same crap everyone else is using?.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

uummm are you having a "sane" moment?

The senator says that his research shows there are companies in the food industry that have used human stem cells to help them research and develop products, including artificial flavorings.

"I don't know if it is happening in Oklahoma, it may be, it may not be. What I am saying is that if it does happen then we are not going to allow it to manufacture here," Shortey tells KRMG's Nicole Burgin.

As an impartial journalistic outlet, we're not here to tell you that Ralph Shortey is an utter moron whose incompetent attempts to ban stem cell-derived medicine reveal his all-encompassing idiocy, nor to tell you that the use of aborted human fetuses in food would already be in clear violation of a variety of different federal and state laws. Nor, for that matter, are we here to tell you that you should or should not be eating aborted human fetuses. What we are here to do is find out what foods are made using aborted human fetuses. We've contacted a number of the country's largest food companies and asked: do you use aborted human fetuses in your food products?

the article then claims that everyone contacted, but that has not replied yet,may use aborted fetuses

the article sounds a bit tongue in cheek

do agree regarding truth in labeling

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicQuest

If you read the link you posted it says Kraft, Cadbury and Pepsi Co are updated in 2011 to no longer be on the boycott list.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by Agarta

Why do they use fetal cells for anything? Who came up with this idea?

Are there fetal cells in vaccines?

Are there fetal cells in a lot of your cosmetics? especially face creams? to give you that baby soft glow.

recent advances in stem-cell research have shown that donor skin cell can be turned into stem-cells

Scientists discover new way of generating stem cells

Originally posted by ExCommando

Scientists have used caffeine to achieve a stem cell breakthrough that many researchers thought impossible but which could lead to new therapies for many crippling diseases.

Read more: www.canberratimes.com.au...

The story goes on to explain that until now "... researchers have only been able to grow human embryonic stem cells from surplus IVF embryos, which are not a genetic match with the recipient."

Study leader goes on to say ''Our finding offers new ways of generating stem cells for patients with dysfunctional or damaged tissues and organs,''

I find this sort of stuff amazing - apart from the ethical debate on cloning - the possible ramifications for longevity and patient treatment is endless.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

but the "pro-lifers" will find fault with it as well

Until now, researchers have only been able to grow human embryonic stem cells from surplus IVF embryos, which are not a genetic match with the recipient.

In 2007 scientists also developed methods to reprogram normal body cells into induced pluripotent stem cells, a process that won its inventors the 2012 Nobel prize. While this technique has reduced the need to grow stem cells from cloned human embryos, there have been concerns it may generate mutations in cells.

To obtain stem cells from a human embryo, the US team transferred the nuclei of a human skin cells into a human egg cell whose nucleus had been removed.

The cells grew into early-stage embryos, or blastocysts, that gave rise to human embryonic stem cells that were capable of transforming into other cell types.

Read more: www.canberratimes.com.au...

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

Ya Pepsi Beverages and Kraft - Cadbury are no longer in Boycott list after December 2011 but looks like Nestle products are still in Boycott list

Pepsi Beverages
No longer on the boycott list! Senomyx will not use aborted fetal cells in any of the PEPSICO research & development.

Kraft - Cadbury Adams LLC
No longer on the boycott list! As of December 27, 2011 Kraft ended their contract with Senomyx and no product was brought to the market.

Senomyx Partner/ Products Developed Discovered With Aborted Fetal Cell Lines

Aborted Fetal Products: Updated April 2013

Nestles has products on the market using Senomyx and they continue to collaborate for future products. The products listed are their coffee creamers and Maggi soup and sauce products. PepsiCo is using Senomyx for future products, however they are NOT using aborted fetal cell lines in the development of those flavor enhancers. Cadbury Adams ended their agreement in Dec 2011 and they have brought no product to market using Senomyx. So right now, the target is Nestles.

SOURCE
edit on 26-5-2013 by CosmicQuest because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicQuest

Even your two newest sources rely on ignoring or, most likely, misconstruing the content of the following paragraphs from your original source:

newsmedicalworld.blogspot.com“Using isolated human taste receptors,” the Senomyx website claims, “we created proprietary taste receptor-based assay systems that provide a biochemical or electronic readout when a flavor ingredient interacts with the receptor.”

“What they do not tell the public is that they are using HEK 293 – human embryonic kidney cells taken from an electively aborted baby to produce those receptors,” stated Debi Vinnedge, Executive Director for CGL, the watch dog group that has been monitoring the use of aborted fetal material in medical products and cosmetics for years.

“They could have easily chosen COS (monkey) cells, Chinese Hamster Ovary cells, insect cells or other morally obtained human cells expressing the G protein for taste receptors,” Vinnedge added.[/url]

Now that we all know where ALL this [SNIPPED] started:
Are you going to continue to shovel ALL of that [SNIPPED]?

See ya,
Milt
edit on 26-5-2013 by BenReclused because: Typo

edit on Sun May 26 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: fixed code in link and Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

Originally posted by purplemer
Which Companies Are Using Aborted Human Fetuses in Their Food?

None.

Why would they try and pass a bill which would ban the use of Human Fetuses in the manufacturing of food if they are not being used..

Bill Would Ban Aborted Fetuses in Food
An Oklahoma bill that would ban the sale of food containing aborted human fetuses has some people wondering: What food currently contains aborted human fetuses? The bill, introduced Jan. 18 by State Sen. Ralph Shortey, prohibits the manufacture or sale of “food or any other product intended for human consumption which contains aborted human fetuses in the ingredients or which used aborted human fetuses in the research or development of any of the ingredients.”

abcnews.go.com...

Heck I doubt they are going to label on there products using big neon lights..

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

i would typically expect better from this particular poster. While this is likely more due to a mix of not being aware of the last time it made the rounds and personal feelings on abortion, it is still so sensationalized as to be a lie.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I would be hesitant in calling this a lie. They are using a lot of weird crap in the foods anymore. Castoreum (beaver butt glands) is being used as an artificial flavoring. Crushed beetles are being used for red food coloring. I can believe they would use humans for flavorings too. They are greedy evil corporations.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Omg, I agreed with you twice in one day... Are you ok?

oO

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ohioriver
I would be hesitant in calling this a lie. They are using a lot of weird crap in the foods anymore. Castoreum (beaver butt glands) is being used as an artificial flavoring. Crushed beetles are being used for red food coloring. I can believe they would use humans for flavorings too. They are greedy evil corporations.

honestly lol cool i would eat some beaver butt and i KNOW i would eat beetles as a snack. now when its human im sorry i havent been able to pass that ego threshold yet.

word of advise go by a gun and some garndening equipment and go feed your self. then come back and inquire about these companies..

just sayn.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I wonder what it taste like?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Looks like a good time to go raw vegan, just to be sure.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by shapur

How do they get thousands of human fetuses everyday to supply their production lines?!....Wouldn't it be much cheaper and less controversial to just use the same crap everyone else is using?.

Further investigation regarding this, explains that fetal kidney cells taken from a voluntarily aborted fetus in the 70's have be cloned as needed to provide for the testing that the flavoring company used.

Sooooo it's not about thousands of human fetuses, it is about kidney cells taken from one single aborted fetus in the '70's.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by Agarta

Why do they use fetal cells for anything? Who came up with this idea?

Are there fetal cells in vaccines?

Are there fetal cells in a lot of your cosmetics? especially face creams? to give you that baby soft glow.

There are fetus cells in fetuses. Shocking but true!

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pixiefyre

Originally posted by shapur

Further investigation regarding this, explains that fetal kidney cells taken from a voluntarily aborted fetus in the 70's have be cloned as needed to provide for the testing that the flavoring company used.

Sooooo it's not about thousands of human fetuses, it is about kidney cells taken from one single aborted fetus in the '70's.

It's just another immortal cell culture line, like the HeLa cells used for testing a multitude of treatments and medications. This story pops up every few months with a practically identical sensationalized OP with no clue what they're talking about.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I agree I miss read the thread and the title is misleading.. Soz for the misinformation..

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join