It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schumer (D), Franken (D) urged IRS to Target Tea Party in 2012

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I think that "letter of intent" from last year was a preliminary effort.

They knew at the time that the IRS.S. was targeting "right wing" groups with vigor and vitality.

I bet they also knew somebody would "talk" eventually.

The letter was a clever "cover their butts" effort to make it appear that they were "Oh Sooooo Concerned" about ALL groups, when in fact the IRS.S. was (still is) only targeting the Tea Party types.

In the meantime, they knew that "Left Wing" groups were being granted retroactive status in record timeframes

They knew the Heat would be turned up soon enough.

How long did they think the "Right Wing" groups would stay "silent" anyway ?

Those guys bear strange resemblances to these two don't they?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
While they did urge the IRS to target conserative/tea party groups, they did not say "profile, and audit them". They were stating that the current 501c4 status of political groups, masquerading as social welfare organizations, while not adhering to the actual laws.

“I think that there hasn’t been enforcement by the FEC and the IRS, and so there are entities that are taking a 501(c)4 status, and under that they’re supposed to have more than half of their activity be non-political,” Franken said. “That’s pretty hinky. I mean, they really aren’t doing that, and that I think there needs to be a look at that — that even under the laws that already exist, there are people who should be disclosing who aren’t. And I think that is where we’re seeing the effect of — lack of effective enforcement and just oversight.”

Does anyone actually read articles here?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Evil_Santa

We need a PAC group, non-taxable, to target each and everyone of these "elected" criminals - dems or repubs - put them all in jail.

Oh, by the way, Fast and Furious, and holder.

They all need to be in prison with murderers and rapist.

<< 1   >>

join