It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famous Amy's recipe secrets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Amy is famous. for all the wrong reasons
Here she is hinting at one of the secret ingredients in her cooked-to-order, fantastically delicious, out-of-this-world, everyone-loves-it..... ravioli. Fresh, never frozen. don't tell anyone how awesome she is. That's her job.

edit on 26-5-2013 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

I came here for the ARMY recipes.

Then I was wondering "Who the heck is Amy?"

Now I'm just scared and confused... oO

lmao ohhh

MEOW. *usenet history repeats*

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Thanks for the vid, spacedoubt. We need to get together and have that cup of coffee sometime
I have a theory that everybody from our town has a twisted sense of humor that others just can't appreciate and/or understand.

Must be the fluoride-free water

edit on 26-5-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Ohh but now I've read into who she is.

I hate ramseys cooking-critique show, but it sounds like a craic.

Ahhah. god if I had a million bucks to invest, I'd make it work.. how can 2 twits like that fail so miserably..

*dreams of having a million bucks*

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

I do that too sometimes. To quote the Dan Connor Character of The Rosanne Show.
"Who are the Allens, and why are they out of spice? I slightly misread titles all the time.
But, I promise I will put something on a shingle for breakfast..LOL

I hope you follow the trails of Amy's meltdown, it's a helluva story. And it keeps getting worse.

Edit to add: cool, I see you are following up.. It's just unbelievable. Maybe it was an act? I dunno?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

Thanks for the vid, spacedoubt. We need to get together and have that cup of coffee sometime
I have a theory that everybody from our town has a twisted sense of humor that others just can't appreciate and/or understand.

Must be the fluoride-free water

edit on 26-5-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

We are twisted to live here. No Fluoride, desiccating atmosphere. High altitude, and prostitution!
Coffee sounds good too.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   

*Waves hand wildly*

I know! I know what her secret ingredient is!

(drumroll)

...it's WALMART

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

You think she goes in disguise? Or hires someone to go?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   

She's going to have to do that now, if she wasn't before, since she is VERY recognizable and her face has been pasted everywhere. This is one of those times where blending in face-wise would be good. Which she can't do.

My husband, who didn't know anything about her, saw me reading a Consumerist article about her and Sami on Thursday. It was regarding their cancelled press conference, which they cancelled after receiving a notification from the Kitchen Nightmares people reminding them their contract states they will owe $100k if they disparage Ramsey or the show in any way. So this is what he says.

Is that a real person, or has that photo been shopped?

And yeah, he was totally serious. So I had to catch him up on the drama and I showed him videos of her flipping out.

I have read someplace, which I can't find now, that she was buying cakes and things from Walmart and other local bakers and placing them in her display with a raised price and a claim she made it. There was also her website, which showed posts from her saying things like "I've been working on new designs all day, what do you all think?" And a picture of some awesome looking dessert. Which was taken from some other person's blog. And it wasn't just one post either.

All that appears to be deleted now but I'm sure someone has posted screen-caps someplace.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
I was wondering "Who the heck is Amy?"

Same here...

This explains it for those who are also going WTF:

edit on 26-5-2013 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
According to Mark Boslough at Huffpost, this whole thing is a massive ruse:

First of all, television is always staged. Everyone knows that sitcoms, dramas and variety shows have scripts and use actors. Some programs include improvisational material, but they are no less staged. Many reality shows are like professional wrestling -- the stars are not professional actors. Producers of these shows are in cahoots with the subjects, who are rewarded for good performances with publicity and money. There is a wink to the audience, most of whom know that it's all a setup, but are never sure where the boundary is between real and fake.

'Amy's Baking' Episode of Kitchen Nightmares Was (Probably) Staged

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

Really. Walmart, Costco..someone else is making those. IT just has to be. During the show, I don't think she demonstrated ANY baking prowess. Plus, that kitchen is very small and she doesn't let anyone else handle the pots and pans.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

I totally believe that there was some situational enhancement happening there. But I also believe there were nuggets of reality in their pathological narcissism. One thing that came to light, later when I began reading up on these people is that there had been controversy a couple of years earlier.
That video is here

and NOW, in about a week, there is a new show coming out with the same initials.
The American Baking Competition
www.cbs.com...

And probably the weirdest potential outcome is the deportation of the Co-owner Samy
www.usatoday.com...

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I thought the whole thing was hilarious.
The lady she swiped the pics from went on the ABC fb page and left a comment about taking the pics.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tankgirl
I thought the whole thing was hilarious.
The lady she swiped the pics from went on the ABC fb page and left a comment about taking the pics.

I know what you mean...I've watched quite a few of the episodes of Gordon's show. I do enjoy the headbutting.
But it also seems that he does want people to succeed. He's just very blunt, which is probably a necessary technique. Of course it also makes for good TV. But these people, I don't understand why they even went on the show. Perhaps the previous news coverage, caused the producers of Gordons show to actually seek them out.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
According to Mark Boslough at Huffpost, this whole thing is a massive ruse:

First of all, television is always staged. Everyone knows that sitcoms, dramas and variety shows have scripts and use actors. Some programs include improvisational material, but they are no less staged. Many reality shows are like professional wrestling -- the stars are not professional actors. Producers of these shows are in cahoots with the subjects, who are rewarded for good performances with publicity and money. There is a wink to the audience, most of whom know that it's all a setup, but are never sure where the boundary is between real and fake.

'Amy's Baking' Episode of Kitchen Nightmares Was (Probably) Staged

The diners were probably planted, like on all Kitchen Nightmares, but in NO WAY were Amy and Samy acting. They were already locally famous for their bizarre behavior, they have already been interviewed for their antics by the local news a few years ago. There is tons of information to be found on Google. Ramsey and Kitchen Nightmares just exploited their crazy, and now they are famous across the country and maybe the world instead of just being known in their town.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Gordon actually seemed pretty nice to them ...at first.
I think they kept saying that they wanted Gordon to say Amy's food was good, to sort of validate them.
It's just sad really. She can't understand that people just don't like her cooking.

top topics

join