It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"An Unusual Global Situation." - New H7N9 & MERS Coronavirus, Threaten an Unprecedented Pandemic.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

Awesome quote.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
All i know is I CANNOT WAIT to buy the vaccine, even if it means selling my house I WANT THAT VACCINE. I want it so bad, ill do what it takes to be a model citizen even if it means becoming homeless, I was lucky to have that house anyway, oh thank you benevolent state!, thank you for this chance to prove myself!!!

Though I really do wish that in the future they infect African people with SARS then test the vaccine, so model citizens like myself do not have to worry about such grizzly details on how the world works, I just want to buy buy buy my vaccine. And maybe some Pfizer shares, but mostly spend. Thats what I want to do, spend.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuttle
All i know is I CANNOT WAIT to buy the vaccine, even if it means selling my house I WANT THAT VACCINE. I want it so bad, ill do what it takes to be a model citizen even if it means becoming homeless, I was lucky to have that house anyway, oh thank you benevolent state!, thank you for this chance to prove myself!!!

Lolololololololol!

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
To give you an idea on just how H7N9 is mutating and making humans more easily susceptible to infection...

This article was posted earlier this month, (05/02/13)

A virus needs to show five key mutations to be extremely transmissible (one, for example, confers the ability to “stick” in the upper respiratory tract); H7N9 possesses two of them. Experiments with ferrets should reveal over the next fortnight whether it could take those last three steps towards pandemic potential in mammals.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

This next article was posted on (05/25/13).

The new H7N9 bird flu virus can be transmitted between mammals not only via direct contact but also in airborne droplets, and may be capable of spreading from person to person, Chinese and American researchers have found.
www.stuff.co.nz...

Basically, it goes like this:
(the first case was identified in late March)

- H7N9 Bird-Flu jumps from birds to humans.

- H7N9 Bird-Flu can spread between mammals.

- H7N9 Bird-Flu can combine with Swine-Flu and mutate.
edit on 27-5-2013 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The Dutch scientist worked hard to make the Avian flu more transmissible between humans and what for ? Their extremely expensive work was paid for by someone who had a lot of money and an interest in developing a global pandemic to serve their purpose . I can understand working with known viruses to seek a vaccine for them , but to genetically alter a virus to be very deadly where in nature it was not is criminal .The Globalist Elite have plans to thin the herd down to a manageable size and they have stated that in their eugenics quotes . Agenda 21 also deals with a population reduction .
The swine flu flopped , the original bird flu flopped , the Legionnaires disease flopped , and now the Globalist have new hope . Of course they would receive the vaccination or isolation from such .
The Gold stored in the vaults seems to be missing too . Is this coincidence ? Maybe not!

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Actually, a lot of scientists aren't too happy with Dutch scientists right now. Drug companies and laboratories have placed a patent on the Coronavirus. Meaning, every time another lab wants to study it, they would have to pay.

Coronavirus patent complicating diagnosis

Saudi Arabia lamented Thursday that foreign drug companies had patented the new SARS-like novel coronavirus that has killed 22 people worldwide in less than a year, slowing down the diagnosis process considerably.
Source

You might also be interested in this:

Scientists slam 'appalling irresponsibility' of researchers in China who deliberately created new strains of killer flu virus

One of Britain's leading scientists has hit out at Chinese researchers who created new strains of a killer flu virus in a bid to develop vaccines.

They claim the 'hybrid' flu, which mixes bird flu virus with human flu, could escape the lab and lead to a global health crisis pandemic killing millions of people.

It comes amid rising fears of a flu epidemic as China struggles to contain an outbreak of the virus.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

-----

Here is another thread about it as well. If you're still interested:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Compelling stuff.

edit on 27-5-2013 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Kind of off topic but kind of on . . .

You know what has always bothered me? I have always wondered if you can get the flu from opening mail . . . say . . . from China? I know that the virus dies fairly quickly on the exterior of items but what about sealed packages? It really bothers me to open anything from there that has came over quickly by air mail as it has not necessarily had enough time to die . . . or has it?

Besides wild fowl carrying the virus here could mail not also be a source? Or do they radiate packages or decontaminate it by other means (I hope).

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by iunlimited491

Thanks I didn't know about that one .Do you suppose that the Elite are working for a mass population reduction of some 80% or more ? Or do you think that individual entities are trying to black mail the world for a vaccine to save them after their virus is deployed ? It can not be about the military developing biological . They have enough .

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by nonnez

I am pretty sure that our food products come from China as well . I have heard that chickens are sent live to them and we get frozen chicken back .

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elliot
reply to post by iunlimited491

http://

At solar max we have pandemics. Viruses seem to mutate rapidly during the solar max period. Several viruses mutating.........well....let's hope they don't get together and start a 'party'.

edit on 25-5-2013 by Elliot because: (no reason given)

Too bad this solar max has been full of fail. Which is why we may be entering a mini ice age.

---------------------

As to these illnesses, I will wait before we see a lot more cases and an indication that it has a significant death rate / resistance to treatment.
edit on 27-5-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by nonnez

I don't believe so, however, I guess it really all depends.

Personally, I think you are more likely to get Anthrax in the mail than you are the flu-virus. You're not alone though. Just about everyday there is a new 'suspicious substance' reported somewhere, at some post office, etc. etc. - If the mode of transportation was formatted deliberately to 'maliciously-spread-a-virus', I guess it might be possible. But again, I don't think you should be to concerned about it spreading naturally via the mail. Unless it was live-stock.

As for them screening packages and letters?, That's actually a good question. I do know that if Health Organizations issue a travel-advisory, then screening checkpoints would be set up accordingly to check for the infection. At places like borders, or airports... Although, I don't really think they would be able to identify the virus on things such as luggage.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Latest Updates:

UN health chief urges global cooperation to tackle novel coronavirus threat.

The head of the United Nations health agency has sounded the alarm over novel coronavirus, and stressed the need for countries to work together to adequately address the threat posed by the rare illness.

“The novel coronavirus is not a problem that any single affected country can keep to itself or manage all by itself. The novel coronavirus is a threat to the entire world,” said Margaret Chan, Director-General of the World Health Organization (WHO).
www.un.org...

France reports its first MERS related death.

A patient infected with the novel coronavirus has died in France, according to the health ministry. -- Another patient who shared a hospital room with the man has caught the infection.
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Posted in "that other thread".

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

The world is unprepared for a massive virus outbreak,

But isn't that the job of the WHO? What have they been doing if they aren't preparing for a major outbreak?

On a related note, I did predict "a virus so deadly, you'd never be ready."

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Why would you refer people to that thread?, When the people in that thread... have already referred people to this thread? Lol.

What you should've done, is just post your comments in this thread, and then posted your referral in "that other thread."

Anyway, I'll do it for you...

Originally posted by intrptr
Despite the "its already posted" crowd, heres what the CDC says about it...

CDC website

Case Updates from the CDC

Its not a "threat to the planet" even. Any more than the common cold.

Can you elaborate a little more on why you feel that way?

And yeah, imagine if the MERS Coronavirus, was more of a threat than 'the common cold'.
Everybody would be walking around with a mask covering their mouth.

You should go and explain your theory to the UN health ministry.
edit on 29-5-2013 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
Its not a "threat to the planet" even. Any more than the common cold.

How did you even come to that conclusion?

I wonder what the mortality rate is for the common cold? 1 in 1,000,000?

MERS-CoV has shown a kill rate of about 50%, so far.

So, what one would you rather have?

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by iunlimited491
MERS-CoV has shown a kill rate of about 50%, so far.

And isn't this before it's even gone airborne? I was under the impression that once a virus mutates to become transmissible by air the mortality rate also rises as it also becomes more able to fight against conventional treatment. Maybe I'm wrong about that?

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Latest H7N9 Updates:

H7N9 Bird-Flu is Developing Drug Resistance.

Laboratory tests have revealed resistance in H7N9 bird flu patients to the only available treatment,

"The apparent ease with which antiviral resistance emerges in H7N9 viruses is concerning,"
nz.news.yahoo.com...

Pandemonium Erupts as H7N9 Bird Flu Resists Only Known Working Flu Drug Tamiflu

The world's only known working anti-viral flu drug Tamiflu has been rendered ineffective against the bird-flu strain H7N9 virus. Essentially, the virus has mutated. It won't be long before global pandemonium erupts unless a new effective drug is created and immediately made available to humans.
www.ibtimes.co.uk...

Hundreds of people may be infected with H7N9 as virus continues to spread

The ongoing spread of H7N9 avian flu across Asia could be much more serious than the mainstream media is currently leading on, as some reports now suggest that the actual number of infections and deaths may be at least double what is being reported.

Researchers from the University of Hong Kong (UHK) say there could already be as many as 120 adults with H7N9 that are flying under the radar due to milder infections that have not yet been detected.
www.naturalnews.com...

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
The news that H7N9 is mutating to become resistant to anti-viral drugs is somewhat disturbing; and it comes just days after the announcement of the viruses 'other' capabilities.

And the possibility of even more 'under-the-radar' cases in China going unreported, is another interesting development. A little less shocking, I might add... given the sheer amount of people there. But something to take note of, none the less.

-will update-

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I have several books on pandemics and there is a whole chapter just on the SARS virus alone. What caught my attention is this MERS, a mutant form of SARS and the mystery of where it came from. It seems SARS is very smart at getting out of a lab. A scientist became infected when she accidentally cross-contaminated SARS with West Nile virus. They had to quarantine all her friends, coworkers and family. She and some of her family members died.

I noticed some posters on here saying the illnesses were next to Biolabs. Any chance it was contaminated and jumped the lab?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join