It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burmese Muslims given two-child limit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
After all the sectarian violence Burma has had, they are limiting how many children Muslims can have. Effectively this cements the demographics and puts the Muslim population numbers to a standstill. Do I smell a new jihad coming to Burma? Bangladesh is on the border with a radicalizing Muslim population that has been trying to overthrow the secular government. Bangladesh sends millions of illegal immigrants to India and Burma changing demographic in bordering states. These riots have been happening for months.

www.youtube.com...

"The population growth of Rohingya Muslims is 10 times higher than that of the Rakhine (Buddhists)," Win Myaing said. "Overpopulation is one of the causes of tension."

Predominantly Buddhist Burma does not include the Rohingya as one of its 135 recognised ethnicities. It considers them to be illegal immigrants from Bangladesh and denies them citizenship. Bangladesh says the Rohingya have been living in Myanmar for centuries and should be recognised as citizens. Muslims account for about 4% of Myanmar's roughly 60 million people.

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
interesting report, thanks
..let's wait and see if the pen truly is mightier than the sword

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by UNIT76

How are they going to stop people from procreating in a poor country with low resources? I would expect the islamists from Bangladesh to come in with weapons and support if they start with state sponsored abortions like the chinese..

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I live in a Muslim country and can tell you the idea behind this is sound.

Muslims (actual practicing muslims) that I have met fully believe in the "breed them out" principle and many in fact feel this will be how Islam takes over the world, bringing Islam by the sword indeed

All religious types scare me but 3rd world impoverished religious types scare me the most, I like the idea but feel its more likely to backfire than have any positive effect

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by an0nThinker

Wouldn't be surprised if Burma ended up having a fascist regime in power that would blame Muslims for many problems. Happened to Nazi Germany
edit on 25-5-2013 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I am proud of the UK and the USA. Ever since the creation of Israel, they have successfully radicalized the Muslims of world, not only with thier false flag operations framing Muslims, but also with the help of their ally, Saudi Arabia. The base of Salafism and extremist ideology, Saudi Arabia spend billions spreading Salafism to the entire world where Muslims exist

I am still trying to figure out why?

Is it counter Iran and Shi'a influence or is it something else?

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I think one need only ask the Karen people how the Burmese Government goes about enforcing it's edicts. After all, using the term Government is a loose one, at best. It's a Military Junta that came from unrest and has been ruling that nation with a brutal iron fist for decades. Why the US has suddenly gotten cozy with them is just beyond me. Washington has a way of picking the most brutal bastards in the world to be friendly with.

This new policy strikes me as gasoline into a fire that is already out of control. They spent more time counting their personal fortunes than running a nation...and look where it got them? Playing catch up in a very bad situation.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

I have met Muslims that have hinted at similar ideas as well. Example in India muslims have grown from 9% of population in 1951 to 14% in 2010. On the other hand Pakistan went from 22% hindus in 1947 to 2% today. The common theme is outbreed the population when in minority, wipe out when in majority.

Globally, the Muslim population is forecast to grow at about twice the rate of the non-Muslim population over the next two decades – an average annual growth rate of 1.5% for Muslims, compared with 0.7% for non-Muslims

www.pewforum.org...

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The three steps of the Muslim government/religion:

STAGE ONE—When Muslims are completely outnumbered and can’t possibly win a physical confrontation with unbelievers, they are to live in peace with non-Muslims and preach a message of tolerance. We see an example of this stage when Muhammad and his followers were a persecuted minority in Mecca. Since the Muslims were entirely outnumbered, the revelations Muhammad received during this stage (e.g. “You shall have your religion and I shall have my religion”) called for religious tolerance and proclaimed a future punishment (rather than a worldly punishment) for unbelievers.

STAGE TWO—When there are enough Muslims and resources to defend the Islamic community, Muslims are called to engage in defensive Jihad. Thus, when Muhammad had formed alliances with various groups outside Mecca and the Muslim community had become large enough to begin fighting, Muhammad received Qur’an 22:39-40:

STAGE THREE—When Muslims establish a majority and achieve political power in an area, they are commanded to engage in offensive Jihad. Hence, once Mecca and Arabia were under Muhammad’s control, he received the call the fight all unbelievers. In Surah 9:29, we read:

"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the Religion of Truth, from among the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizyah with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

Notice that this verse doesn’t order Muslims to fight oppressors, but to fight those who do not believe in Islam (including the “People of the Book”—Jews and Christians). Not surprisingly, we find similar commands in Islam’s most trusted collections of ahadith (traditions containing Muhammad’s teachings).

Sahih al-Bukhari 6924—Muhammad said: “I have been ordered to fight the people till they say: La ilaha illallah (none has the right to be worshipped but Allah), and whoever said La ilaha illahllah, Allah will save his property and his life from me.”

Sahih Muslim 30— “I have been commanded to fight against people so long as they do not declare that there is no god but Allah.”

Ibn Kathir sums up Stage Three as follows: “Therefore all people of the world should be called to Islam. If anyone of them refuses to do so, or refuses to pay the Jizyah, they should be fought till they are killed.”

There seems to always be a reason some government or religion needs to kill someone, no?

I have lived in Saudi Arabia and flown all over the mid-east to such garden spots as Egypt, Yemen, and Oman. I have even been to Mecca many times; well the airport which should count for something?
I have no problem with any other religion until the shooting starts or the bombs go off. Then all the platitudes and words stop having meaning and it gets personal real quick.
Some of the above was copied from a post of mine in this thread www.abovetopsecret.com by mideast

In the country we stay part of the year there is not a month goes by where there are not police, government, and locals in the deep south killed by the religion of peace. It is to late to do anything meaningful now for the Muslim population is already at stage 2.

I am all for getting along and all that but some of this stuff based on religious beliefs that indicate, 'if you do not believe like us then off with your head' is worse than stupid and is basically just genocide. Look at France and many other European countries which are also at step/stage 2: the seeds of conflict have been planted so it is just a matter of time to see what fruits these seeds will produce..Even Egypt which has had other religions than Islam almost forever has turned into a hell hole for non-believers since the regime change.
Now, there will be Islamist apologist who must quote and claim all kinds of justifications for the few who do these heinous crimes and in truth it is a small percentage.... but even a small percentage of 1.4 billion is a number most countries can not handle and protect their citizens. With the hate speech being preached by some of their leaders it is no wonder.... every few years you have a new batch of young ones to carry out their taught religious fervor. Also many of the countries of the world have not bombed or committed mayhem in a Muslim country so do not try to use payback for their bombings, killings, and other acts. I do not have an answer but I do have eyes and know a little history and the three steps are being followed all over the world where a foot hold is established.
For a fifth of the world's population, Islam is both a religion and a complete way of life; it is also a form of government with laws punishable in this life not in some heaven. Muslims follow a religion of peace, mercy, and forgiveness, and the majority have nothing to do with the extremely grave events which have come to be associated with their faith Is a normal rebuttal for their violence and barbarism.

top topics

join