It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones just said something about the Prime Directive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Tonight. May 25th, 12:22 PDT, I was listening to Alex and he mentioned something about the Prime Directive. I am listening to the .pls file from today's show. I'm pretty sure he talks about it in the first hour.

But I'm just streaming this into iTunes and can't hit reverse on a stream. I'm still trying... but I also need some kind of technical help getting that quote because it's quite astounding thing to say. If you have been listening to Alex this last week you know he's doing so damned good!

Alex has so much on his mind lately. In one hand is the evil NWO. On the other hand is the Star Trek social system. This could create some internal conflicts and it seems totally plausible at the same time. Why not Star Trek?

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

Humanity’s Prime Directive
www.infowars.com...

Infowars.com
July 11, 2012
Mankind is at a crossroads. Humanity faces a decision: embrace the dreams of the universe and the fact that humanity is special and has potential, or succumb to the death of domination by a predatory elite bent on wrecking the species and limiting the paradigms of the mind.
www.infowars.com...

edit on 5/25/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Alex Jones lost touch with reality some years ago. Now he just reads whatever message his corporate masters put in front of him.

I am not sure he even knows what's coming out of his own mouth half the time.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Star Trek's Prime Directive is very very logic.

In fact, I believe that if some sort of galactic federation exists, they cloak pre-warp civilizations and natural reserves from the outside AND inside. This would explain why we never see any other planets with life and why we don't get visitors from random aliens that wouldn't follow this prime directive.

We are close to attaining cloaking technology while we are light-years away (pun intended) from warp speed technologies.

...I haven't listened to the video yet, I will tomorrow.
edit on 25-5-2013 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
3d printers just came out. We are on the crest of a real new Star Trek age.
Tablet touch computers have been out for a few years. The little kids literally love those things.
I'd rather have a Star Trek world than be ruled by proto-fascist corporate scumbags.
I guess it comes down to which kind of world you want to live in?

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SayonaraJupiter
3d printers just came out. We are on the crest of a real new Star Trek age.
Tablet touch computers have been out for a few years. The little kids literally love those things.
I'd rather have a Star Trek world than be ruled by proto-fascist corporate scumbags.
I guess it comes down to which kind of world you want to live in?

The technology for 3D printers has been around a long time. 3D printing has been around a long time.

Tablets? Why not laptops or notebooks from 30 years ago? Portable computers with screens. Or is it just the old technology of touchscreen that is of interest? Been around a long time.

If jones had a cracker on his head, he would have a lot on his mind.

weight to size ratio, and all that.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Jones is a complete douche but he sure is doing a bang up job milking the slow witted for pageviews and profit. I get really creeped out with the folks that call him Alex. First name basis huh? Reminds me of prepubescent girls pretending they're dating a popstar. Only problem is the Jones fanatics probably won't grow out of it.

Why not Star Trek OP? Because it's Star Trek.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

I think what Alex is getting at is we have to make our future... do we want a Terminator in our future? What about a Robo-Cop? We have those now with drones! Star Trek does seem like the best option for the future.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

I think its been on the collective unconscious, maybe because the new Star Trek movie. But the question is, where do we want to go with this tech? The primitive world nature gave us has its own rules, its own moral balance - any savagery is allowed, but the ramifications of it are minimal. Death, life, its all part of the picture. Nature won't give long term suffering to an injured creature for instance, it will die fast - It will get its share in natural beauty and sink back in to it when it can no longer survive at top performance. But new technology has the power to give us all a prolonged, miserable life in a cage if we don't proceed ethically.

I like Jones. I don't agree with everything he says, but I love his "wake up" roar. This stuff, all this injustice, all this suffering is REAL he says, and you need live wide awake to that fact. This seems hard, but at a certain point you realize its actually very liberating: All the BS, all the nonsense, all the small stuff people obsess on falls by the wayside when you accept the reality of the current human condition and the threats we face. Once we accept this we find ourselves free from all the nonsense, we can really live. Whether or not you agree with Jones' particular threat profile or its priorities, this big picture holds all the same. There is a life lived in full awareness, and its worth living.

As far as the directive and all that, all I have to say now is that the good is powerful, more powerful than people think. It seems beaten back right now buts its stronger than most know.

Peace!

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Oops!

edit on 25-5-2013 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
The Prime Directive.

In the universe of Star Trek, the Prime Directive, Starfleet's General Order number 1, is the most prominent guiding principle of the United Federation of Planets. The Prime Directive dictates that there can be no interference with the internal development of alien civilizations. It has special implications, however, for civilizations that have not yet developed the technology for interstellar spaceflight ("pre-warp"), since no primitive culture can be given or exposed to any information regarding advanced technology or the existence of extraplanetary civilizations, lest this exposure alter the natural development of the civilization. Although this was the only application stated by Captain Kirk in "The Return of the Archons", by the 24th Century, it had been indicated to include purposeful efforts to improve or change in any way the natural course of such a society, even if that change is well-intentioned and kept completely secret. "Pre-warp" is defined as any culture which has not yet attained warp drive technology and is thus, implicitly, unaware of the existence of alien races. Starfleet allows scientific missions to investigate and secretly move amongst pre-warp civilizations as long as no advanced technology is left behind, and there is no interference with events or no revelation of their identity. This can usually be accomplished with hidden observation posts, but Federation personnel may disguise themselves as local sentient life and interact with them. The only stated exception to the Prime Directive is the Omega Directive, Starfleet's General Order number 0, in which a Starfleet captain is authorized to take any and all means necessary to destroy Omega Molecules when detected. Whenever the Omega Directive is in force, all other general orders and regulations, including the Prime Directive, are effectively rescinded. Knowledge of the Omega Directive is heavily restricted, however, so as far as the majority of Starfleet and the Federation at large are concerned, the Prime Directive is still Starfleet's paramount principle.

en.wikipedia.org...

FYI

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
If we are to understand Jones, we need to look at what he doesn't look at. ...And I don't need to specifically mention that area as it has been hit time and time again on ATS but some can't see beyond it as some sort of personal preference despite tons of evidence that it is part of a subtle agenda...plus, it works for him and his string pullers.

The Star Trek Prime Directive is nice as far as it goes.
but it starts in mid-stream of logical thinking. It should start at the beginning.
The beginning is that after the first intelligence arose from some primal sludge and made its mark in the Universe, any being that came along later was exactly secondary. Any rules written are written by the first guy. Everybody else can only second-guess what the first guy thought up as his pattern IF he did not specifically "spread the word" (religious connotation intended) to all or some of those that followed.

If you can honestly look at the religions and what we know about UFOs (UFOs being ETs in their ships) then we know that they have given us a modern myth similar to the old one of religious gods and what not. Nothing is really written in stone--despite claims to the contrary--but the general rules of the Universe is that individual life forms must feel their own way out of their tight, little cocoon of self-absorption and face the Universe literally, head-on. We are doing that. Religion is dropping away as we look further and further into space with our expanding views...more or less.

That is a key term, more or less. In our situation, the ETs are forcing the issue as they forced earlier stable activities within the human race with religions and the concept that " out there, there wassomething wee needed to acknowledge that was bigger than ourselves.

A true Prime Directive would be the simple motto of the physician: Do No Harm. Those concerns would start with conserving basic nature, things such as teeming planets, before it got into the fine print of directing the lives of high-order creatures in the unthinking, nilly-willy throes of destroying their own nest.

Then the ETs will intervene as they have with people like myself, abductees, covert agreements with governments, etc., to lay thousands of seeds for a positive change of attitude.

top topics

join