It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Live:162: Tornados! Murder! Cover Ups! Obama-Gate! WOW!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Hey ATS Live crew. Who sings the "Ring of Fire" remake song you guys play?

Thanks!

-SAP-

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Hours Two and Three sound like they will be really interesting.

The weather has been really crazy that is for sure....

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

I found the discussion on the attack by the two Somali immigrants against the British military person severely wanting.

First, calling the victim a hero makes no sense. What did this person do that was so heroic? I mean no disrespect to the dead soldier/airman(?), but getting killed on the street by a couple of guys with machetes does not make anybody a hero. Period. Attempting to paint such victims as heroes is just part of the ongoing militaristic propaganda that militaristic states like the US and the UK try to perpetuate. It's just like how anymore we call all our military members "warriors", like they're some sort of noble fighting person. What a joke. What western soldiers are doing in foreign countries is the equivalent of Spanish conquistadors with firearms, and steel swords and armor, cannons and cavalry slaughtering the indigenous peoples in the Americas.

Then one commenter makes the claim that the attackers made some sort of false claim that they had done this attack to support their brothers in Afghanistan. Said commenter seemed to imply because they weren't Afghani or located closer to Afghanistan, that this was somehow a false claim on their part. Yet this same commenter likes to always defend Israel, and I am sure if some country were to attack Israel, he would be all for the US attacking Israel. So it is okay for some people to support the people of another country far away, but it is not alright for others to do the same. Quite the double standard.

These attackers were labeled as "animals" because of the viciousness of the attack. Well they attacked a member of the armed forces -- a man no less. They didn't attack women or children. They didn't desecrate the corpse by pissing on it, like American troops do. They attacked in person, in hand to hand combat. They didn't use long-range, high-tech weapons. This same commenter says that it was "cowardly" of these two guys to attack in such a manner, but he has said we should drop a nuclear bomb on Syria and that we should attack Iran. He also seems to think it is fine for the US and the UK to invade countries and to kill civilians in those countries by the hundreds and thousands -- often in very cowardly ways, i.e. by drones, cruise missiles, air support, artillery and snipers, but for individuals to make reprisal attacks is somehow cowardly. What a joke.

Apparently Americans and British soldiers have the right to kill anyone anywhere, but no one has a right to fight back against them in Britain or America, because that just isn't playing fair. Again, what a crock, what a double standard.

Would this attack by these two men have taken place if the US and the UK haven't been killing Muslims in Afghanistan -- including many innocent women and children -- for the last dozen years? I seriously don't think so, and I challenge anyone who claims otherwise to make a convincing argument to back up his/her claim.

Another host said that the most horrifying aspect of this attack was how the attackers approached other people on the street to proclaim their achievement and take their picture. These two guys were obviously making a statement, and they were honorable enough to stand up for what they did. That sure is a lot better than some drone pilot in the US attacking first responders and/or funeral services for an initial drone attack thousands of miles away. Secondary attacks such as these are the hallmark of terrorist attacks, and now it turns out US contractors -- not even US military personnel -- are using terrorist tactics.

I find these drone attacks to be much more horrifying than some in-person machete attack. I guess some people feel otherwise because out of sight is out of mind. You want horrifying attacks, just look at video footage of combat by US/NATO forces -- such as the helicopter shooting at journalists trying to helping civilians who were shot by the same helicopter (this was one of the videos leaked by Wikileaks and Private Manning). Check out the gore was the aftermath of US cruise missile and air attacks in Iraq -- people with their heads sheared in two and gray, crushed babies and children.

The ATS LIve Show hosts that can't see this attack as a case of chickens coming home to roost, or what's good for the goose is good for the gander evidently don't understand that human beings everywhere don't care for members of their tribes and/or ethnic groups being killed by another group, and sometimes they fight back. It's almost as if the humanity of these "foreigners" or "others" is not considered. This is the attitude that allows for the banality of evil that has been part and parcel to every evil, violent power in history.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

If only you'd ring into the show and actually take part instead of commenting on things four weeks after they've aired.....
edit on 22/6/13 by neformore because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join