It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldier reunions with their dogs will bring a tear to your eye.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
We had to put our 14 year-old golden retriever down last week. It was very emotional especially watching my son and daughter who are now in their 20's who grew up with Ginger and had such a close bond with her. Toward the end of her life with us, we fed her people food. She no longer would eat her dog food, so we made the last of her days as comfortable and satisfying as we could. My wife would make pancakes for her in the morning. Ginger would bark at her because she couldn't wait to get her morning treat. (My wife and daughter now occasionally smells the scent of pancakes, a possible sign that Ginger is ok).

Well since I was thinking about her I was looking at some videos on You Tube of golden retrievers and stumbled upon these soldier reunions with their dogs. If you don't think dogs can love or have any emotional connection to people, watch these videos. They brought a smile and tear to my eye. Enjoy!

edit on 24-5-2013 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Gosh I love these videos! I spend tons of time watching them on youtube. And the people homecomings too. They always yank the tears right out of me. It's amazing how excited and happy the dogs are to see their owners. The first and second ones you posted were my favorites, with the golden 'crying' and the way that dog leapt out of the car so fast. Thanks for sharing!

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

I am so very sorry you lost your beloved pet. At least you had 14 wonderful years together and have many memories to hold on to and cherish.

Thanks for sharing these videos. I got all choked up and I'm a cat person.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

S n F Very Sorry to hear about your best Buddy. We Have had to do the same 4 years ago. Still cannot watch videos of our beloved Tora!

Thank you for your link, always in wonder how animals miss their owners after years of separation!

top topics

join