It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Vinyl Purist’ Identified As Primary Suspect In Slaying

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Source

“[Borowski's] simplistic dynamics and preset loops would drag for 16, 32, or even 64 bars at a time,” says clubber Daniel Hirsch. “It’s doesn’t really surprise me that he was murdered.”

Can someone explain to me what this quote means and why it triggered someone to murder? Wow so if I want everyone in the planet to go on a murderous rampage all I play would be a loop for 128 bars WTF?
ETA: Popular DJ software has been know to induce rage in older DJs who fear things are becoming “too easy”
edit on 24-5-2013 by Emeraldous because: Add ETA

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Emeraldous

It means that it was monotonous and repetitive. Enough to drive someone nuts.
From the looks of things, the guy was nuts already.

edit on 24-5-2013 by Wildmanimal because: add content

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
wow, those guys in germany take their music seriously. same here in the states, for the second time i can remember a dj was beaten and or killed for not taking requests.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
What a twisted loser. I can understand how people have an affection with older formats, but technology, as with most things in life, moves forward. If you dont like it, dont listen to it. People need to deal with it and not enforce their own views onto others. Its no different to the religious freaks who enforce their views to the point of death onto others. After all, music is a religion to many people.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Emeraldous

From what I gather from the article, this "vinyl purist" believed in the traditional standard of Djing wherein a DJ spins Vinyl Records, on turntables, matching beats by ear. Whereas the victim, used more modern equipment which allows a DJ to shortcut, or in some cases completely eliminate the need for mixing by ear. Most modern timecode/mp3-vinyl conversion software do have functions which will sync beatmap and mix tracks with little to know effort on the part of the DJ. Apparently that somehow justified the former killing the latter. As someone who has been DJing for over 15 years, I can relate to the sentiment that a DJ should have certain fundamental skills, regardless of whether the equipment they have necessitates them. For my money, a DJ should mix on turntables. just my own personal prejudice. I cannot agreed however that a DJ who does take these shortcuts should be attacked for it. Personally I still mix on a pair of Technic 1200 turntables, a Pioneer Djm600 mixer, and a Pioneer CDJ running through a third channel. I also use Serato by Rane, to convert MP3s to a signal that my timecoded records can read and play. For me though, it's more for convenience than it is to make mixing easier. In the end its a lot easier to carry a laptop with 1000s of tracks, and 2 timecode records, than it is to carry 50-100 lbs worth of vinyl. Not to mention Mp3s are a hell of a lot more available and less expensive than actual records. (although i do have a few hundred records that i break out every now and then)In the end I don't worry too much about people taking shortcuts though. There are a lot of elements of djing that no amount of software or equipment can teach you, and that's the thin line that separates the real from the rest. Unfortunate story non the less. Somehow I'm not surprised that this story comes out of Germany though. German club goers do seem to be a bit Hardcore when it come to their music. Anyone who can deal with Gabber for more than 30 seconds is capable of anything IMO

Anyways, just my $0.02...

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
is that article from a farce magazine similar to the onion?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Looking into it a little further, it would seem the whole story is a bunk. Along with this weeks rumors of Paul Van Dykes untimely demise. Maybe time to move to the hoax bin?

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Im Actually kind of disappointed that I fell for it to be honest. My BS radar must be slipping in my old age.

top topics

join