It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You a Yankee or a Rebel?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
My Dad sent me a link to this test this morning. It's a test to determine how much your Southern or "Yankee" blood comes through in your speech patterns. It is quick and fun and I thought some of you might get a kick out of it!

Are You a Yankee or a Rebel?

ETA: I scored 86% Southern. I guess that year on the Canadian border when I was a child corrupted my speech patterns a little!

edit on 24-5-2013 by littled16 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I guess that year on the Canadian border when I was a child corrupted my speech patterns a little!

You mean you learned proper English?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Actually they have just as much, if not more, slang included in their language than there is in the South- it just has a more "nasal" sound to it.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
46% Dixie

And I'm a Brit

Cody

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by Akragon

Actually they have just as much, if not more, slang included in their language than there is in the South- it just has a more "nasal" sound to it.

WE... likely have more slang, and definitely more diversity in our "accent" so to speak... All you have to do is go anywhere east in Canada.... You won't have a clue what they're sayin...

Actually im not even sure if that's English out east... lol..

BUT... Canadians seem to pronounce words correctly...

No offence of course... just my observation

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
100% Yorkshireman...

Apart from that... 52%... not bad for a Dixie Yorkshirelad!... More corrupted than Cody!!! (edited)

Yeeeeehaaaaaaaa

REDNECKS 4 EVER.....

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 24-5-2013 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling again

edit on 24-5-2013 by Rodinus because: crap again

edit on 24-5-2013 by Rodinus because: Percentage added

edit on 24-5-2013 by Rodinus because: Codys name added

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
46% Dixie

And I'm a Brit

Cody

It's because we've been corrupting you Cody.
It has been a difficult task but ever so slowly we are turning you Southern!

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Rodinus, I have determined that despite any inherent speech patterns you are indeed a Southern gentleman at heart! Despite looking absolutely nothing alike you remind me greatly of my brother-in-law. Take that as a compliment my friend because he is the epitome of a Southern gentleman!

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

46% Dixie

And I'm a Brit

Cody

It's because we've been corrupting you Cody.
It has been a difficult task but ever so slowly we are turning you Southern!

I knew there was a conspiracy afoot y'all

Cody

edit on 24/5/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

I got 36% Dixie and i'm from N.Ireland lol but i had good fun doing the wee test, thank you littled16

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

46% Dixie

And I'm a Brit

Cody

Snob

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

reply to post by Rodinus

Rodinus, I have determined that despite any inherent speech patterns you are indeed a Southern gentleman at heart! Despite looking absolutely nothing alike you remind me greatly of my brother-in-law. Take that as a compliment my friend because he is the epitome of a Southern gentleman!

I bet he is damned good looking too huh?...

A bit like Brad Pitt... (If you know what i mean?)... Please.....?..... Pretty PLEASE????

Awww thanks my dear, anyone from the same family as yourself must certainly be a trophy on your mantlepiece!

Kindest and warmest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
That was fun thanks for posting S&F too you. I scored 61% Dixie.Well under the Mason-Dixon Line lol I'm from Oklahoma but spent a few years in South Jersey and Las Vegas so I've been exposed to a wide vinacular over the years.
edit on 24-5-2013 by pez1975 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ballymoney50

I got 36% Dixie and i'm from N.Ireland lol but i had good fun doing the wee test, thank you littled16

Actually that makes a lot of sense. A large portion of New Orleans is made up of the descendants of Irish immigrants, so of course the language patterns have been incorporated over time. It's kind of funny but when I go to visit some of my cousins who live in that part of Louisiana before the end of the visit my speech and accent become almost indistinguishable from theirs.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus

reply to post by Rodinus

A bit like Brad Pitt... (If you know what i mean?)... Please.....?..... Pretty PLEASE????

Awww thanks my dear, anyone from the same family as yourself must certainly be a trophy on your mantlepiece!

Rodinus

Your such a lick anything to nab a free loo roll and a plaster

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Actually that makes a lot of sense. A large portion of New Orleans is made up of the descendants of Irish immigrants, so of course the language patterns have been incorporated over time. It's kind of funny but when I go to visit some of my cousins who live in that part of Louisiana before the end of the visit my speech and accent become almost indistinguishable from theirs.

Oi armm sure dat dirty tree and a turd o people dont agree wit ya little!

Koindest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by pez1975

Isn't it funny how sometimes if we stay in another region for even a short amount of time that our speech patterns alter- with some of it sticking permanently? As a child my year long stay on the Canadian border stayed with me a bit, but a six month stay in Georgia seems to have altered my speech forever as many people upon first meeting me almost immediately ask if I am from Georgia- and I am from Texas.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I test as only 36% Dixie, even though I grew up in Clay County, Missouri, part of what was once known as "Little Dixie."

Oddly, I have been mistaken for a Minnesotan more than once - something in the vowels, it seems...
edit on 24-5-2013 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus

reply to post by Rodinus

Rodinus

Your such a lick anything to nab a free loo roll and a plaster

Ahem ahem... i tend to keep the licking stuff for the BDSM forums my dear

*wink wink nudge nudge*

Kindest respects

*whip whip flog flog*

Master Rodinus

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

that is very true its amazing what u pick up while living in the north east lol i picked up a wife lmao

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join