It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police shooting the Woolwich attackers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Lets see, a guy armed with a clever?
Two gun toting cops and two with clubs and they had to shoot the guy?
What happened to the famous tough london Bobby?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling

Do you really need that answered for you???

In light of what they just did, run down and brutally hack a man to death in broad daylight do you really think their actions were not justified? Especially as one ran towards them with weapons in hand, which he dropped when close to them, and the other was pointing a gun at them from the pavement.

They were dangerous people and were dealt with appropriately given their actions. The officers will face no charges as they were right to do what they did...they dont take shooting people lightly in the UK. Had they not felt threatened they would have asked them nicely to be good murderers and comply with their requests, they were not given that option.

You are really seeing only what you want to, a conspiracy, because you cannot think normally....get off the internet for a bit and look at your life and train of thought.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Well... the usually unarmed tough London Bobby or Bobbies shot 2 dangerous armed blokes who could have seriously maimed or killed other people seeing as how they were so unpredictable... If the Police were armed (which is extremely rare) it was for a reason that the authorities had reason to decide upon.

How many people are shot by policemen in the country where you live each day compared to what happened in London???

Come on, grow up and add a pertinent comment and if you cannot... dont bother to add.

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 24-5-2013 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoTarSed
reply to post by davesmart

absolutely none at all mate. It's always hard to read sarcasm in text. just wanted to be sure!

No worrys mate
just glad your following the thread.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
So, I count eight shots fired. I assume one of them to be the subjects revolver ''catastrophicly misfiring". So that's seven rounds for the police. From the video, the police appear to have glock model 17's and h&k mp-5, both in 9mm.
All I can find is that the metro police issue a 115 grain hollow point round. (No mention of manufacturer)
My question is, seven shots into two subjects at close range, and both surivive: are the armed officers in the UK trained to fire some where other than center of mass?
Years ago there were some agencies this side of the atlantic who tried to train officers to fire, especially with shotguns, at the surface just infront of the Target to ' skip' pellets into the lower legs to disable rather than kill, but it was soon abandoned. For good reason.
I'm just curious about it...

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

If i could give a massive applaud for your reply i would.
Some peeps wont understand that us brits are proud of our country
and proud that the police are not armed.

5 years ago their was a debate as to whether the police should be armed
75% of the police did not want to carry guns.

Everyone...dont let this incident sway the views of the public because most of us dont want that to happen.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart
reply to post by Rodinus

If i could give a massive applaud for your reply i would.
Some peeps wont understand that us brits are proud of our country
and proud that the police are not armed.

5 years ago their was a debate as to whether the police should be armed
75% of the police did not want to carry guns.

Everyone...dont let this incident sway the views of the public because most of us dont want that to happen.

Thanks Mate,

I have been out of the UK for a very long time now Dave... BUT, if there is something i cannot stand, it is the total untolerance of some folk who can come out with such pathetic remarks when they cannot take their blinkers off their eyes and have a good look around themselves first!

I am not known to get annoyed on this forum and in general am a very patient understanding person, but over the last couple of days i can tell you that some of the GHOULS here really need to go back to another conspiracy site after reading some of the posts about what sadly happened in London!

Grrrrr...

Blummin heck... i remember the time when our village Bobby used to ride around on his bike and we would all just like have massive awe and respect for him! (i got a clout of him a couple of times too for apple scrumping!!)

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 24-5-2013 by Rodinus because: Screwed up my quote!

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DC434L2A
So, I count eight shots fired. I assume one of them to be the subjects revolver ''catastrophicly misfiring". So that's seven rounds for the police. From the video, the police appear to have glock model 17's and h&k mp-5, both in 9mm.
All I can find is that the metro police issue a 115 grain hollow point round. (No mention of manufacturer)
My question is, seven shots into two subjects at close range, and both surivive: are the armed officers in the UK trained to fire some where other than center of mass?
Years ago there were some agencies this side of the atlantic who tried to train officers to fire, especially with shotguns, at the surface just infront of the Target to ' skip' pellets into the lower legs to disable rather than kill, but it was soon abandoned. For good reason.
I'm just curious about it...

Our police are well trained, they do what they can to keep suspects alive...you see them performing medical aid literally as soon as they drop the guys. The police arent there to sentence the people, they are there to prevent any further harm to anyone. I doubt they would have shot to kill, they want to extract as much information as they can about potential threats...a dead person cant talk.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

Ok, so it is training doctrine for your police to not fire center of mass then?
Intresting. One of those cultural diffrences I suppose. Thanks for the reply.

The implication that American police are untrained, given a gun and told to just go out and shoot randomly, I'll also ascribe to cultural misunderstanding on my part.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

First of all, the local bobby knew everyone in the area.
2nd, they dealt with it there and then with no worry of some idiot carrying a gun or cleaver.

and the reports of an old revolver being fired...
Have you ever seen a percussion cap revolver miss fireing and go off?
all 6 barrels ignite.

we can go round in circles here, but it wont change what hapend
dave

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

We know what Crappy site that is
Where foul language and ignorence is the way to get attention

Thank goodness that ats has decorum (most of the time lol)
and godlike they are not.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
What exactly were those last two shots? At :15 seconds.

As the guys were laying on the ground.

Self-defense?

Not saying the guys didn't get what they deserved, but I thought police were supposed to used minimum force necessary to control the situation.

I think those last two shots were simply for self-gratification.

edit on 24-5-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
edit:
because of two many beers,this post has been deleted.
edit on 2012/06/12 by davesmart because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join