It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro plans to picket 9 year old's funeral in Moore, OK FRIDAY, 10 A.M.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I'll gladly put my Christian beliefs on pause for just one moment so I can get medieval on these idiots. These people are disgusting and undeserving of the attention they've garnished. (Good or bad.) They will go down in a small footnote of history as lunatics as we forget them as we march into the future.

I wish I wasn't in Europe so I could get myself down to Moore.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by toastyr

I don't think anyone here who is against the disgusting behavior of Westboro Demonic Church,is against free speech.

The word Free...

Does my freedom to say what i want,include me pitching up with a group of my fellow believers(in the demon of hate,whatever his name is,a group like WBC,eg) and loudly disrupt the funeral of your child/loved one? Not gloating in their own lair(they're jumped up enough to call it a church),not being satisfied with webpages,magazines,maybe even taking out newspaper ads,etc.

But physically shouting their insane and hateful venom at you,Forcing themselves into your situation,which is the most painful and unbearable of your life.Making sure you cannot turn the page,pass by their lair,click onto another webpage-because they have like hostile invaders come to You-whether you want to listen to them or not.

Where does the right to Free Speech end,and legal protection for tormentors,lunatics,hostile lynch mobs begin?Because the trauma they cause by their unwanted presence,their hatred,their demonic venom,is like a lynching to the bereaved,the victims,that you can be sure of.

You should never get rid of the Free Speech Amendment-but people like WBC makes it seem like that Amendment could do with a little tweak or two.There should be a clause prohibiting you from FORCING your right to free speech onto others.Giving people an option to listen to you,or not.

Otherwise one freedom is at the expense of another.

edit on 24-5-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Oh there is a Father in heaven, and He will take care of such people.

They may think they serve Him, but in fact, they are serving the other him. They are a foolish group. Clearly they have totally forgotten about the New Testament. They are radical, foolish, judgemental, slaves of evil. Like a cult running free and giving other Christians a bad name. Even worse they are giving Him a bad name.

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: Grammar

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Its not really freedom if there are consequences for exercising that freedom, no matter what the courts may say about "yelling fire in a crowded theater," or how wildly out of context that quote is taken.
edit on 24-5-2013 by Shimri because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
Seems to me the American public should send a petition to the White House,demanding protection from WBC.In their own way,they are terrorists.Pity they don't have a huge reserve of oil under that demon-infested lair they call a church-they would've been toast by now

There already is a petition adressing just that. It already has around 359,000 signatures.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by toastyr

You know, these people really sicken me with their tactics as they do almost everyone else. It is really hard to believe that anyone wants to do this to people at their most vulnerable time. So all I can say is that they must have a motive, and I would say it's not going to heaven; therefore, this group is either doing it to collect lawsuits, from first amendment violations( not doing well here, someone said they were broke) or they are trying to rial us so much up, that they can start going after our rights.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
They should all stand in a line and block them from going to the funeral.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Wow, I hope the police stop them before the funeral starts. They should just leave the people of that town alone to grieve in peace. They've had an appalling week, this is the last thing they need - someone disrespecting a child at his own funeral. This makes my blood boil

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I am sure I have said this before,but I think one of Obamas shady agencies should accidently drop a jdam or 3 on the westbro compound-what a terrible accident that would be.

I hope no one lets them get anywhere near the funeral.
Disgusting,abnormal,twisted beings filled with misplaced hatred.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by roadgravel
I wonder if the patriot riders are on they way to run interference against Westboro.

Hopefully they run interference with a baseball bat. It shouldn't be hard to raise bail money for them.

I love how supposed loving members of society promote such violence and terrorism so openly but when another group preachers their beliefs of similar obscurity they are wrong.

Makes sense to me. When was the last time these people actually touched someone... They haven't but yet your response is violence. Makes sense for a god fearing people. These people are upset our society does not care that they are upset how society is turning but yet their peaceful please go ignored and only when they are extreme they get notion. But in the end all they are doing is speaking their mind no more differnent than any holy scripture ever recorded.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by marbles87

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by roadgravel
I wonder if the patriot riders are on they way to run interference against Westboro.

Hopefully they run interference with a baseball bat. It shouldn't be hard to raise bail money for them.

I love how supposed loving members of society promote such violence and terrorism so openly but when another group preachers their beliefs of similar obscurity they are wrong.

Makes sense to me. When was the last time these people actually touched someone... They haven't but yet your response is violence. Makes sense for a god fearing people. These people are upset our society does not care that they are upset how society is turning but yet their peaceful please go ignored and only when they are extreme they get notion. But in the end all they are doing is speaking their mind no more differnent than any holy scripture ever recorded.

Sorry to call BS to your post, but this church believes in god like pagans believe in the christian god. Or should I say that their only god is money, how to make it by getting others to "violate their 1st amendment rights" or their person in some physical way. A baptist preacher that is a lawyer? Come on, that is like saying a satan worshiper is a catholic priest. They are NOT doing this for the religious glory. Besides, Judge NOT, lest ye be judged. And I think that they will be judged very harshly; but then again, what do I know, I don't follow any religion and/or cultus.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I'm starting to think WBC is funded by some elite group as an attempt to give Christianity a bad name in modern day America. I mean Christians by in large do stupid things and the criticism can go beyond WBC, but when you listen to their reasoning, their "theology" it reflects a lot of what the Collins Elite believed (Nick Redfern).

Anyone ever looked into that possible connection?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by FaceLikeTheSun
I'm starting to think WBC is funded by some elite group as an attempt to give Christianity a bad name in modern day America.

They are real life trolls.
They make a living from protesting and insulting people, goading people into attacking them, then they sue them.

It really should just be seen as entrapment. They deliberately provoke people into acting against them, and then the sue.

A least that's what I've been told about them several times when it comes to how they support themselves. Of course, they also live in a sh*t hole of a commune too, and the family members have part-time jobs. It's not like they spend millions every year traveling and protesting, so they don't need a 6 figure income.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1curious1
Is it not enough that this community has suffered so much? Westboro has NO BUSINESS being in this town. They are a waste of air! Please share with anyone you know in or around the Moore, OK area to prevent the family from even having to see these pitiful excuses for humans.

Uck, these people are the bottom of the barrel, true to life lowest of all lows. People do try their best to just ignore them, and not give them what they are after. Your due attention, that is what they want. They are not saving any souls or making any brownie points with anyone in this world. They are self serving bigots that serve as a good lesson to the rest of us folks. Think of it like a test of ones own will, and free will.
In a perfect world we could just ignore these people. However the fact is, they are bullies, and they follow people around, intrude, and invade upon private matters.
Their "free" speech normally runs them a good amount of money. The only reason they are able to do this, is because they have the money to burn on such campaigns. Now what is silly about these people is. They use power from the grid, they eat food from the store. They drive cars, and fly in planes. All made by the people they so claim to HATE. Remember that fact when thinking about these "people" and I use that term lightly, as they are nothing more than demons running amuck. Trying to insight violence, and marching their own children on the front lines of the pickets.
How crazy can this world be? Take a good long look, and remember the lesson here.
1. Free speech, is not "free" at all. It costs them a good amount of cash to do this each time. (They have been fined many times for such outings.)

2. Tests ones own free will.

They are looking for attention. And sadly as I stated, you can't just ignore them. As they follow you around, like any bully would. Your actions define who you are, not who they are. We already know damn well who these people are.

A text book example of Extremists. We have them on all sides of each religion. They serve a darker power, and a force that would drive this world into the pits of the very hell they create for themselves. However, given the choice which we have, we let them run around do their thing and it makes us all better people for not smiting them back into the depths from which they where spawned from.

I think once ole Freddy boy is dead, this group will slowly peter out. Or just simply be replaced by another. As stated, this is that dark force which drives this group. If not the WBC, it would be some other wack fringe group.
Evil and darkness always has its minions.

I have been following this group for over 10 years now. And each time they do this, they sink a little bit lower each time.
And each time, it costs them in fines, and most of all, they are the ones who have to wake up in the morning and look into the mirror. That my friends is that, and the best we can do is stand our ground, and make our own choices with our lives.
For every hateful thing said by WBC, 10 nice acts will follow by random strangers. 10 fold the kindness in return to these families who must face such darkness, in such a dark time.
The light will come out on top, watch.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari
Two words: First Amendment.

Don't like it? Go live in Cuba.

The freedom of speech only guarantees the right to speak your mind. It does not say anything about there not being consequences after the fact. Keep that in mind.

And honestly ... my child dies and these guys picket his funeral, I'll run them over. And back over them, and run them over again. Then I will get out of my car and stomp a hole in their faces.

Did I leave anything out?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyswatter

The freedom of speech only guarantees the right to speak your mind. It does not say anything about there not being consequences after the fact. Keep that in mind.

And honestly ... my child dies and these guys picket his funeral, I'll run them over. And back over them, and run them over again. Then I will get out of my car and stomp a hole in their faces.

Did I leave anything out?

I don't think anyone here would have a problem with that

In fact you might be called a HERO!

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

OK, let's look at the 1st then:

The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances.

en.wikipedia.org...

No where does the 1st say that a person can say what they want. It says that the GOVERNMENT can not interfere with those rights.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
There's a simple solution to the WBC. Beat the snot out of them until they leave or police intervene. I'd gladly spend the night in jail for showing God's awesome work at hand; i.e. my fist smashing some WBC noses. Instant internet fame, legal fund established. Rinse. Repeat.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
It looks as though the local citizens are taking care of things themselves. I also heard there had been some arrests made of WBC members and sincerely hope they don't use their arrests as an excuse to sue again.

Is this usually the case? They get arrested for being disgusting and then sue because their "right" to insult innocent people was refused?

Bikers Scare Off Westboro Baptist

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join