It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Seesaw question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

So you all know how a seesaw works, if both sides are of equal weight the seesaw is horizontal but if one side is heavier it tips to the heavy side.

My question to you is if you put all the bad people of the world , ones with bad attitude, selfish, greedy, nasty minded on one side of a seesaw and all the good, selfless, kind, gentle. loving people on the other which way do you feel it would tip.

I asked my mother this question and she thinks the bad in this world far outweighs the good which is exactly what I feel, actually I would say for every good person there are probably 7 bad people.

Basically give your honest opinion and don't be influenced by others.

edit on 23-5-2013 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Nobody is either all good or all bad, everyone falls into a shade of grey.

So far as numbers go I have no Idea whether there's more good or bad people on earth and nobody does.

I think the most important thing to realize is that "power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely"
More specifically, the people on the earth with the most power (and hence influence), tend to be the evilest.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by K9millionaire

Yes nobody is all good or all bad however people either have more good in them or more bad in them, obviously there are also those who are 50/50...my opinion however is that at this present time there is more bad in people then good...just how I feel but everyone has their own thoughts on this and that's why I asked the question.

So in your daily life would you say you bump into more pleasant people or more nasty people?

edit on 23-5-2013 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

It's not wise or fair to judge someone as good or evil based on "bumping into them". I try not to, but I'm not perfect.

I find that my judgement of others depends thoroughly on my mood. If I'm in a good one, I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt, and I damn them to hell if I'm in a bad one. lol

Remember that we do not see what happens behind closed doors, and that is where a person's character is revealed.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Morality is so difficult to pin down on a global scale. Even more, just about everyone would tend to believe that there is more bad in the world, as everyone's ego requires that they measure the rest of the world on their own behaviors blended with 20/20 hindsight.

Truly "bad" people? Far, far outnumbered by "good" people. All beings are generally good, but all beings are capable of individual evil actions. Very few people rise to a level like Dennis Rader, actually finding sexual pleasure in the suffering of others, and acting on it.

But don't we all have that little streak of bad in us? Don't we all do something that someone else may consider "bad"? I mean, there are actually folks out there who think breaking minor laws like not wearing a seat belt is a sin (an aunt of mine, for example). They take that whole "Render unto Caesar...." thing literally.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I'm not talking about minor things like wearing ur seat belt, I'm talking about people walking around with nasty attitudes which springs from their nasty mind. I believe there are more people who would rather get one over on you then would help you, more people who would like to take from you then give to you, more who would get pleasure on seeing you fail then succeed.

edit on 24-5-2013 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Move out of the city and to the country.

top topics

join