It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

911 Dispatcher Tells Woman About To Be Sexually Assaulted There Are No Cops To Help Her Due To Budge

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

There are very, very few breakins around here. People know that everyone is armed. West Texas has a different sort of person. We are very friendly....but not tolerant of a bunch of nonsense.

I have seen multiple times where someone from outside the area tries to joke around and ends up getting their butt kicked by some redneck.

Meth happens, but "in the country" here ain't the same as elsewhere. For us, a tree is a mesquite. So you can't very well go hide in the forest. And there is nowhere in the country that you will remain unseen. Either a farmer will work that land, or an oil company will be by to service a well, or the same for a wind company. so the meth ends up coming in (from Mexico, now....used to be from up north).

I live in a "city", but i live in a secluded part of that city near a state park.

Typically when there is any violence, it is because of drugs (they are either high and fighting, or someone owes someone else).

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Here it's mostly in trailer parks out in the boonies. With the economy, a lot of older farms are now empty, leaving lots of open areas for people to take up in an old barn and make meth. Just the reality of it.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

Should have bought a gun. We really don't need half as many police as we have now and we certainly don't need the militarized police force we have in most areas, this has not only made them less effective it's led to widespread corruption within our police forces. We'd better serve ourselves and our communities by arming ourselves with guns, hiring fewer officers and spending our tax dollars on improving public schools. Police are only called after the fact or during it, there's no way they can always get there in time they almost never do and having more of them has not made a difference.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Here it's mostly in trailer parks out in the boonies. With the economy, a lot of older farms are now empty, leaving lots of open areas for people to take up in an old barn and make meth. Just the reality of it.

Thats a real shame.

Here, our farmers have started becoming super wealthy. The wind turbines....you can put 1 per acre. The royalties are 25k/year, plus a percentage. Easy royalty checks of 75k/turbine. And if you have 300 turbines on your land?

Not to mention the drilling boom going on, and what they pay for that. Just having them drive through your land gives you an easement royalty.

Farmers are making a ton of money. And still claiming insurance and government money because of bad crop production.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I know, I wish we had the winds for it here...we don't (I checked!). That would have saved a lot of farms.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The Oregon woman needs to take a lesson from this woman in KC.

www.theblaze.com...

Key excerpts:

The woman, who has not been identified, immediately retrieved her gun after she heard someone jiggle the knob of the front door. She also witnessed two additional men heading to the back door.

Looking through the blinds, the woman saw the men putting on gloves and preparing to force their way into her home. So she trained her firearm on the men and opened fire.

The woman’s husband, Oscar Roberts, later said he and his wife have been going to the gun range to prepare for just that type of situation. “You’ve got to protect yourself,” he told KMBC-TV.

“If you’re in fear for your life, most definitely we want you to protect yourself. We don’t want any harm to come to anyone,” Sgt. Marisa Barnes of the Kansas City Police Department told KMBC-TV.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Even better She could have used Pepper spray it's really cheap and effective less then 8 bucks yep people think twice about that!

Also a Can of WD-40 and a lighter
edit on 24/5/13 by fr33kSh0w2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by solidguy

Originally posted by roughycannon
Maybe if the police werent too busy dealing with all the gun crimes they could have helped her...

Cops are no longer there for our protection, they are just another revenue producing arm of the local government. Traffic ticket quotas have got to be the top priority.

Friendly tip: Carry a gun...cops are too heavy.

Brilliant... slow clap.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I know just legalize drugs! then the "HEHEHEHE I'm getting away with something illegal" Wont be there!

All the 'cheap thrill' of getting away with something illegal won't be there the violence will then decline!

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by fr33kSh0w2012
I know just legalize drugs! then the "HEHEHEHE I'm getting away with something illegal" Wont be there!

All the 'cheap thrill' of getting away with something illegal won't be there the violence will then decline!

I don't think people take drugs so they can say "shove it to the man" I took certain drugs when I was young because I liked taking them.

Its like saying make murder legal and people wont do it because the thrill wont be there...

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
This thread got moved to the RANT forum?
seriously?
whatever...

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
reply to post by 2ndthought

Yeah but thats just deaths not including gun related crimes.

59 deaths?

In the UK there were 58 deaths in 2010 across the whole country.

1 more death in a single US state than a whole country! does that not set alarm bells ringing for you?

Why do people jump on numbers so quick? Did you even research if those numbers are correct?

"Serious violent crime under-reported for a decade. Police forces have been failing to properly record serious violent crime for more than a decade, the Home Office has said."

www.telegraph.co.uk...
edit on 24-5-2013 by peashooter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I can't believe people are blaming the victim here...

Really?

Did you catch this?

Her call was forwarded to Oregon State Police because of lay-offs at the Josephine County Sheriff’s Office only allows the department to be open Monday through Friday.

So, crime is cool on the weekend there?
This is all on the county government. (and partially on the voters as a whole, for allowing this condition to exist). A lawsuit though, will fail miserably.

The only fault of the victim is in being in such an area, she should have realized that her safety is now her responsibility. Still, I'll wager she pays some form of county taxes, and they should go to keeping her safe. I hope she uses this opportunity to put national attention on her county and this issue.

You may be talking about my post where I point out cops have no legal obligation to protect you from crime or harm and I say this girl should not have been ignorant of the law and should have protected herself instead.

National attention? Yes.. the nation needs to KNOW Cops do not have to protect them. That is the greater issue here so people can protect themselves. Making the nation aware about a police force that doesn't have the staff to protect it's citizens will get Nowhere - This is the case for all cops everywhere.. you cant expect 10,000 cops to protect over 300 million people - they simply can't do it. Relying on the cops alone is the worst thing you can do.

You don't think this girl has any personal responsibility to protect herself? Your a Moderator.. on ATS you say ignorance of the T&C doesn't exempt the person from not following the rules - its the same with this girl.. she IS expected to Know the Law - any cop / judge will tell you that. Sure she's a victim of her botfriend's crimes but she does share in the responsibility to do the right thing.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by fr33kSh0w2012

Wasp spray. It will completely disable the attacker, ranges out to 20 feet (up to 50 feet on some), and is very inexpensive. Not to mention it sticks to the surface it lands on.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I Forgot about that one, Thanks.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
WOMEN, SHOOT IN SELF DEFENSE...GO TO JAIL, GAURANTEED!

And for a LONG LONG TIME

It is VERY irresponsible to tell females to get a gun and Shoot an intruder, ESPECIALLY an ex spouse, partner, SHE WILL in majority if states GO TO PRISON.

The LAW on Self Defense DOES NOT, I repeat, DOES NOT APPLY TO FEMALES, ESP rape,

This is one of those MYTHS of equality that are downright lies, unfortunately most women don't Know this fact until its too late...

Recent case, Goergia, mother sentenced to TWENTY YEARS for firing a WARNING SHOT

www.cbsnews.com...

She also lost appeal. Btw the man had a LOOOOONG history of DV and even Bragged in Court about beating up women. Didn't matter one bit.

There are Other cases, across the Country, due to links posting etc I'll have to post them separately, only doing this to Back up what I say with Case evidence, which I've decided to do from now on as it's better than being deemed as crazy,

Some other facts of similar cases, how our Judicial System looks at Females who defend themselves.

www.peopleofcolororganize.com...

CA is also a really bad state, a young girl in twenties shot her pimp, she's in for over twenty years,

A Kidnap victim who was gang raped, beaten, , trafficked, used as sex slave and shot her captor and they threw her in prison. I'll have to get the case but it's a high profile case among DV women incarcerated advocates. her case is one of the big ones anti traffickers are fighting for clemency, CA.

The Judicial system is EXTREMELY BIASED against Females and even more so against women of color or who are poor. You are risking it shooting a complete stranger intruder,

But let that Intruder be an ex partner, it don't matter if he's raping you, children, cutting your limbs off, restraining order, IT DON'T MATTER YOU AS FEMALE IN

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA DO NOT...I REPEAT, DO NOT

Have ANY RIGHT TO SELF DEFENCE.

What is or may be on Paper, in that COURT

Is null and void, the Prosecuters will hang you out to dry like the TALIBAN, FACT.

And SOCIETY has LICENSED this. Do the research, a HUGE majority of women IN our Prison system today

Are there for SELF DEFENSE. YOU can't even Bring up the Evidence of beatings, rapes, you are PROPERTY, nothing more

Only CA, one state, even has the Battered Women's clemency and it's Rarely successful. That's with live in,

But what many aren't aware of, THS APPLIES even if you are separated, again, FEMALES, NO RIGHTS to DEFENSE

None, nada, squat.

I don't like it, it infuriates me but IT IS WHAT IT IS and until People either KNOW this truth or Demand Change in this

Telling a female to have a gun and shoot to defend

You might as well just shove her in prison doors yourself. Women LEARN FACTS

Don't just go by Opinion, research the cases, in ALL STATES. Oregon I would assume based in the horrendous treatment of protective mothers and their scoffing at DV, etc.,

Would most likely have sentenced this woman to prison if she'd had shot this rapist/intruder

Facts. CALL the local DV shelter in Your area and ASK their legal rep in the shelter what the LAWS are in YOUR state

Trust me, you'd be appalled.

You, WOMAN, do NOT HAVE the same Intigral rights to your body, liberty, that a Man does. And when push comes to shove, in our COURTS, THIS IS NAILED IN STONE.

Be informed, as for what could this woman have done??? NOTHING

THAT'S WHY WE NEED FEMINISM...because without it

Females would have less rights than a maggot. You may THINK, operative word here, THINK, YOU have RIGHTS

YOU DON'T, and when you Find that out, is when YOU WOMAN

Try to Defend your Person, your Life, and you find you have ZERO rights,

The ONLY right YOU have, is to call the police OR a male...though HE could be in danger for protecting you in many states.

Ain't Patriarchy grand? But that's what you GET with it, the Judicial System, ask ANY HONEST FEMALE ATTORNEY,

Is Biased against females and still operates in the Dark Ages, it's all about ROLES, you are to be Passive

And Their attitude is (and the prison comolex Really plays this up a lot) is if a man is beating you, raping you, smile and take it.

That's the Truth about equality...again, LEARN the LAW in Your State and get it in WRITING, about WOMEN

And self defense. Just having a gun, is n no way, a gaurantee, if you are female. Shoot to save your life, that's just One battle

The Next battle is that misogynist Prosecutor (Male or Female and Females can be the worst) who wants YOU to Hang for Daring to think, You Dumb Woman, have the gall to THINK you have a right to LIFE.

Don't believe me, ASK YOURSELF, it may save your life or your daughters. call your DV shelter, talk to their LEGAL team, and Find out. It's not as simple as you may think...

edit on 24-5-2013 by ThreeBears because: Typos and addition

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
See my reply right above, More cases, just to add

forcechange.com...

www.freebatteredwomen.org...

You can research each case, many are also tied into custody, This is where you'll see the Photographs, of broken bodies, why relevant?

It's Obvious there is Brutal Violence in these cases BUT you see the system is rigged to where the Evidence of these abuses is suppressed, it is done deliberate, they DO NOT CARE if you were going to be killed,

Defend self, women, Especially if woman of color or poor...expect prison time and time way longer than Any man will EVER do for killing a woman.

Again, call your shelter and get info from legal team...It never ceases to amaze me at just how ignorant people are, of the laws and how they apply differently to women

And they'll argue on and in but Court VERDICTS DON'T LIE.

WHY this is? Blatant society sexism, chauvinism and an unrealistic belief system of the whole patriarchal Nuclear family romance crap. Yea it's great and all IF you, WOMAN, are not in trapped with a psychopath, and NO they don't advertise,

Many Professional EDUCATED women wind up with psychopaths. FACT. So blaming the victim, may insulate you me ntally but it's NOT REALITY,

The reality is ugly. And I'm not so sure a Woman would be better off using mace or pepper spray, or even a dog

Just in CO couple of years ago a Couple shot an intruder and they were at risk for being put on murder charges. I didn't keep up with the case, but that was a Couple

It's way, way worse for a WOMAN, like Rape cases, they'll twist Everything to paint you as a mad vengeful villain

And will do Everything to paint the often times known abuser as a Saint. AND if he hurts another female

Don't matter...they'll cover their Asses. Every time

So, as to what this woman could do, being that it's an intimate DV situ,

Not a damn thing, and That's the sorry state of affairs. He'll wind up killing her

And the LAW IS SET TO AID HIM IN DOING THAT...

And he will get, maybe seven years if Even that. Don't like it

Get informed and DEMAND CHANGES, until then, the DENIAL is killing women and putting Innocent women, females

Into Prisons, for the CRIME OF SELF DEFENSE...if FEMALE, it's a CRIME.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
This is ridiculous. We pay taxes for this very service, plain and simple. First the police want to abuse their power, and now they want to extort money from people to even show up and DO THEIR JOB. I really hope she sues them, just to get the story out there. People need to wake up to the atrocities that are the fault of cops, all over the country. She is quite lucky she is even alive. This could have been prevented, because she likely called early enough, and someone could have gotten there and saved here.

And they want to take away guns? I can guarantee you that this will happen even more. The bad guys will not have to worry about being shot when they break in. And they will have a gun, because they are dishonest to begin with. They already break the law, so why would they turn in their illegally procured weapons, which the government would know nothing about. The only people who procure weapons legally, leaving a paper trail, are honest people. Those will be the ones they take the guns from. Some people are slow, and thus they cannot grasp or understand this elementary concept.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by cconn487
So they have the budget to hire people to take calls. Yet not enough to finish the other half of the job...

I wonder when cities will bar firefighters from connecting their hoses until the home owner of a building on fire hands over their credit card information.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

It's already happened Dec 2011:
SOUTH FULTON, Tenn. -- Firefighters stood by and watched a Tennessee house burn to the ground earlier this week because the homeowners didn't pay the annual subscription fee for fire service.
"You could look out my mom's trailer and see the trucks sitting at a distance," Vicky Bell, the homeowner, said.

For Bell, that sight was almost as disturbing as the fire itself.
"We just wished we could've gotten more out," she said. 
It's the second time in two years firefighters in the area have watched a house burn because of unpaid fees. Last year, Gene Cranick of Obion County and his family lost all of their possessions in a house fire, along with three dogs and a cat, because the fire fee wasn't paid."

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
You gun owners are so sick with your logic. I bet one of you even blamed Obama, because on ATS that seems to be the norm.
This lady got raped because of budget cuts. The next time it's going be a heart attack and no ambulance. Of course if the person had a gun he could shoot himself, thus avoiding getting a heart attack.

I use to love reading topics on ATS. Now it's turned into a redneck, Gun loving, Obama hating website. There are more hate topics about Obama then I ever read about Bush jr.

A lady gets raped and all you can say is, she should have owned a gun. Shame on you!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join