It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama going on Extended Vacation AGAIN.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I dunno.. Here it is estimated as much as 20 million dollars for the Hawaii vacations alone

www.whitehousedossier.com...

The $20 million figure is based on estimates of the cost of the four Hawaii vacations the Obamas have taken during Christmastime 2009-2012. According to a detailed breakdown by the Hawaii Reporter, the annual excursions in 2009, 2010, and 2011 cost about $4 million, much of it attributable to the expense of taking Air Force One, at an hour rate of about $180,000, on an eighteen-hour roundtrip journey to Honolulu and back.
New Year's Day, 2012

But $4 million almost certainly underestimates the true tally, as it does not include many miscellaneous items like the cost of flying advance teams out to Hawaii and separate flights Michelle Obama took in 2010 and 2011, when she left ahead of her husband, who was forced to stay in Washington to finish up work with Congress.

Thats tax payer money, Not out of Obama's pocket. Those that believe the Obama's are actually paying for these large chunks of cash are delusional.

Don't like the argument.. as if it's an issue thats not important? I guess you guys dont care that our economy is in the toilet.

This guy sums it up:

The Obamas get plenty of vacation. They have sojourned every summer in Martha’s Vineyard except for last year, when campaigning and pre-election concern about appearances got in the way. They often take a side trip somewhere else during the year, and Michelle goes skiing annually out West.

At the very least, they could spend their Christmas holidays at Camp David or at one of the many fine resorts outside of Washington, which would require only the use of the presidential helicopter to get them there.

If they must find a warm haven, a rental home on the Gulf Coast, the Atlantic shore of Florida, or even Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands could easily be arranged at a fraction of the price of getting to Hawaii.

It's wasteful, shameful and irresponsible of these people to spend Our money like that while the country is going down faster than a sinking brick.
edit on 24-5-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw
reply to post by 19KTankCommander

I'm thinking because of the "heat" Obama is under at this time. It's more a less get out of dodge tactic. Just in case something goes awry for El Presidento Bamo, at least his wifey and children are safe? Maybe? Long shot? IDK~

Well know that they announced where they are going, it blows that theory I guess?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Ummm yea her and thousands of other americans this time of year. I dont see the big deal. I got a job for you. Call around to hotels this weekend and check room availability. Do that for five star and roach motels alike. Im sure you will see that they are booked.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by 19KTankCommander

Here we go again, the Obamas are going on vacation again while people are still out of work, So how much is this one going to cost the US TAXPAYERS?

Must be nice to do what ever you want and get away with it

Michelle Obama and daughters Sasha and Malia are looking at an extended vacation on Martha’s Vineyard this summer, according to a report in The Boston Globe. The Globe might have something here – it’s almost a local Vineyard paper, after all.

Full Story on Vacation Plans

why do you care about what the presidents wife does with his 2 daughters...they are out of school, michelle has no governmental power, so what are they getting away with?...maybe more importantly, why am I wasting my time, trying to engage you in some type of reasonable discussion?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

So what? What office was she elected to? Looks like she does a pretty good job as First Lady, and if she wants to escape Washington during the summer (which as I recall, sucks) why not? Some folks gotta shed their anti-Obama glasses and get a life, methinks.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Yeah, because money is no object, when it is the tax payers money.

The 0bama butt kissing as of late is pretty grotesque.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Well ,

Granted they could sit in the white house and save 10's of thousands of dollars. Which will be spent not on protecting dear dictator, but his kids and the other one. They don't need to go on vacation with all the guards they could wait for the prez to be ready to take his vacation too then go.

Look at it this way.
10 body guards @$500 a day= 5,000$/day
Airforce one or a rented plane to get them there = $20,000 for 2 ways
Other expenses to get them to the vineyard and what have you = 10,000$
Now prez is still at white house during this time, so that's another 10 body guards.
Oh now he choses to leave a week later, and his guards have to go with him. So for that week 350,000$ for the guards on the prez.
So now air force one flies him there another $20,000
His items to get ready, such as his aides packing his bags and such, 10,000$

So instead of having them all go on vacation at the same time, they take basically separate vacations

Price total for 2 vacations. of 3 weeks, (prez gets 2 weeks of vacation and the others get 3) 1,050,000$ for 10 guards, plus the 350,00$ for the extra 10 guarding the prez while his family has 10= 1,400,000$

Now instead of one plane ride, its 2, but well give them 10k discount since they will all come home together.
30,000$ on plane rides.
Now all the necessities and items for both of them, 10,000 each so 20,000$ and we haven't included their paying for the vacation in there either.

Grand total of 2 vacations, 1,450,000$ on them going separately

Going together save us 10 extra guards for a week, the extra items is cut in half, and the plane ride is also cut in half.
So 1,050,000 for the 10 guards.
20,000$ on plane rides
10,000$ on other items (ie. aides packing suitcases or calling to plan routes)

1,080,000. almost 400,000$ of savings.That does not include the money they have to pay out for their vacation.

Now maybe they got tired of playing bowling or hunting in the back yard of the white house. Who knows, but ok they need to vacation elsewhere. Why should we pay out extra money for them to do it?

Granted i don't know the actual price of the guards. But the fuel and pilots and other support staff for air force one, costs about 20k. Other items include limo service to and from airport, aides calling places and taking the time to deal with the special things required, making plane arrangements or calling in available guards to watch the prez. Things like that pile up quickly. Support staff are also included in that 10k special items. Such as maid service, chef, butlers, etc.

This is just for 2 weeks, So if they go for a month or more a lot of stuff on this list could double. Special items, since support staff is included in there, the guard pay will be more for sure. Ok so the plane doesn't change.still almost 2 million for a month long family vacation. Just rent out disneyland for a week and save us some money.

Maybe seeing it in numbers will be easier for some people.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by anubis93

I don't need to see the numbers. I DON'T CARE if they take vacations. They live in the White House in an environment that is NOT normal. They have 2 young impressionable kids. Their father is attacked day after day by people who hate him. It's a very stressful and unusual environment for children. Being their mother, I would want to get them away from that for a while, too. And I would tell my critics to take a flying leap.

My husband and I sometimes take separate vacations. We can afford it. It's no one's business how we could or should behave to save money.

Obama was elected as our president and we KNOW the first family takes vacations. It's not like this is a surprise. Our president and his family are blessed to be in the position they're in. We put him there, KNOWING they would take vacations. To nit-pick and bitch and moan about a few extra bucks (in the scheme of things) is so totally petty and juvenile, it makes me ill.

By the way:

during Obama’s first term he was on vacation 131 days, while George W. Bush averaged 510 vacation days per term while in office

I think that leaves enough to pay for Michelle and the kids to take the summer in Martha's Vineyard. Even if you account for the bad economy, Bush STILL took more vacation days compared to Obama.

It is true that the GDP growth under Obama has been much worse than it was under George W. Bush. When GDP growth is low, Presidents deserve less vacation time. That’s just common sense.

So we can create a weighting system that takes this into account. Let’s look at the number of vacation days each president took per term per the annual percent GDP growth during that term.

Source

reply to post by jimmyx

Originally posted by jimmyx
why am I wasting my time, trying to engage you in some type of reasonable discussion?

You're right. I've got much better things to do.

edit on 5/24/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Good for the Obama family. They do so much good for so many they deserve the well earned break. I hope they get their much needed rnr.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by soundguy
Good for the Obama family. They do so much good for so many they deserve the well earned break. I hope they get their much needed rnr.

:::Speachless:::

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw

Originally posted by soundguy

:::Speachless:::

I'm sure many wish the Obama's would stay on vacation permanently. Ain't going to happen, folks. They'll be back.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

why do you care about what the presidents wife does with his 2 daughters
reply to post by jimmyx

Why do i care, I really don't care that they go on vaction but really what is Wrong with CAMP DAVID? Why are we spending money on them when so many people are out of work......Its the princiaple behind the fact.....Wife, kids no kids what ever, I am just sick of seeing that every American in the US has a Federal Goverment Debt of about $60,000 a peice, I don't like this one bite, what about my kids they are starting there lives off in the whole when it comes to the goverment and the Obamas are not helping like they should be, CHANGE WHAT CHANGE

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

what about my kids they are starting there lives off in the whole when it comes to the goverment and the Obamas are not helping like they should be,

So, you expect the government and Obama in particular to help your kids? I thought that was your job. This is America, where anyone can make a good living and provide for their family. Don't blame the government if you're slacking in your job as a provider.

This is why you sound envious and jealous. The Obamas have a lot of money. You can't blame them for that.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

why do you care about what the presidents wife does with his 2 daughters
reply to post by jimmyx

Why do i care, I really don't care that they go on vaction but really what is Wrong with CAMP DAVID? Why are we spending money on them when so many people are out of work...

We spend money on them, because we want the best and the brightest to seek office and take that job, and if we don't give them some perks, who will want to sit in the White House and sweat all day long over the nightmare-ish controversies that come with the office?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
All presidents have gone on leave according the Federal Pay and leave schedule, I tried to figure it out but I think that senior executives get 90 days of paid leave a year and this of course does not include just the president, all Federal employees get some amount of annual leave 30-60-90 days depending, so please its not about Obama.

Maybe someone can get the actual annual leave that a president earns under OPM.

I think he gets a few more perks than the average federal worker, like an expense, travel account and some money for entertainment.

The main point though is that the first lady is not a paid federal employee, so why would you care how long of a leave she would take? I think the end all would be to create a table with the past 6 presidents and see how much vacation time they took in an average year and also average expenses, I think you have a problem with the president and the first lady because what they are doing is not too far from most of the presidents and first lady's that we have had.

edit on 24-5-2013 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

edit on 24-5-2013 by LeatherNLace because: nevermind

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Hurricane Katrina,

"Hey guys, this is your POTUS G.W. Bush, I need a cab to overfly New Orleans, have you got one..no, I will not be stopping anywhere, but Air Force 1 is so fecking expensive, I hesitate to use it for just a look see!

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

The tax payers elected these twits to office 2 times, they get what they deserve. I wish they would take a permanent VACATION though, I for one was sick enough before they got elected again. The guy is a lizard and his wife is a Hillary clone, she is just there for the ride and is working her own agenda.
edit on 24-5-2013 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

They are wealthy. They pay for their own vacations.

And how did they acquire their money?
George Soros...
King of Saudi Arabia...
And millions from supporters like yourself...

What will you say when they use your contribution to buy a $100 million dollar house...and when you knock on their door they tell you "go away"!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join