It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama going on Extended Vacation AGAIN.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I don't know about you lot, but if I was in Her position, (which I'm not being a feller) I'd be pretty pissed off since I wouldn't get paid, I can't go out and get a job, I have to arrange all the flowers, and all the social calender, I need to make sure that the cameras don't catch me with my dress caught in me knickers after going to the loo, I need to curtsy to that funny lady with the spiky thing on her nap every time I visit, while her dear/dick husband wants to talk about bongo bongo land...feck it I need a holiday.
edit on 23-5-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by 19KTankCommander

They are wealthy. They pay for their own vacations.

Who foots the bill for all the security, etc. Their only out of pocket is money for some lame, over priced souvenir trinkets.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Originally posted by roadgravel

Who foots the bill for all the security, etc.

We do, but she gets that no matter where she goes.

I guess they could all lock themselves inside the White House and have minimum security, but then you all would cry about them not doing anything useful or some other meaningless complaint.

Michelle and the girls taking a vacation is MEANINGLESS and shows that you'll grasp at anything to bitch about them, making all your complaints seem trivial.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I was responding to the fact that they do not pay for everything as mentioned by another.

But keep your faith in the US government leadership. It's working so well.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by 19KTankCommander

Here we go again, the Obamas are going on vacation again while people are still out of work, So how much is this one going to cost the US TAXPAYERS?

Must be nice to do what ever you want and get away with it

Michelle Obama and daughters Sasha and Malia are looking at an extended vacation on Martha’s Vineyard this summer, according to a report in The Boston Globe. The Globe might have something here – it’s almost a local Vineyard paper, after all.

Full Story on Vacation Plans

First Lady Michelle Marie Antoinette - ' let them eat cake'.
America - wake up !

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

If it's coming out of their own pocket, they can go anywhere and stay for as long as they like. When the taxpayer is footing the bill, they can sit their ass home like everyone else who can't afford a vacation.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
So the security plan and amount of resources is the same if she goes to the Ritz in DC to by clothes or goes on vacation in another state? I doubt they will go to the airline counter and buy tickets on a regular commercial flight or get a rental car and drive.

The government asks the poor folk to cut back and expect less, maybe the first family and Congress should set an example and do the same.
edit on 5/24/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TFCJay
They get good lobster out there.

Wonder what the poor people will eat?

Let them eat Cake of course...

But so you know the Cake is a lie...

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Originally posted by roadgravel
But keep your faith in the US government leadership.

My comments about Michelle taking a vacation have nothing whatsoever to do with my "faith" in US government. If you have to associate the two, it shows how weak your argument is.

reply to post by DAVID64

They ARE paying for their own vacation.

What petty, BS arguments you all have. :shk:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
@ Benevolent Heretic...Thank you for having some common sense!!! I mean seriously they are taking a vacation.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

They are wealthy. They pay for their own vacations.

That's Not true. They spend the American tax payers money for their vacations. Add it up. The fuel for Air Force One, fancy dinner, hotels, security etc.. It's easily a billion dollars a year.. just do the math.

Here is the list: Just Explain It: Who Pays For Presidential Perks? finance.yahoo.com...

This fraud and his wife doesn't deserve our money.
edit on 24-5-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I always find the Presdential vacation crying threads fun. Never matters who is in office somebody is going cry about it. And in this case its the wife and children and even more pathetic than usual.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Im not a fan of Obama but I hate it when his family gets raked for ..well...being a family and doing family stuff. My wife and kids had to do a vacation without me because of work a couple years ago. They loved it and I hated it but its' what families do sometimes.
The argument about how much taxpayer money is spent is valid but lets have that debate with facts not guesses. I am not aware that they spend their own money. If so I'm actually stoked beyond words. I have just never heard of a first family footing the bills for their own travel. I'm open to see that. Anyone got a link or proof or anything?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

The wife and kids - they are nobodies. They dont have any say, and they don't matter. I can accept the wife and kids getting perhaps ONE vacation a year like NORMAL PEOPLE But it must be done on a budget the American people can live with and should approve of before hand. The Obama's should not be able to do the most expensive things simply because they can - the kids going to the Bahamas like they did a while back - WTF? Not on My dime.

As for the Dictator himself, he too can get a vacation. ONE, with pre-approved spending limits by We The People. The White House is like living at Dysney Land anywhy.. they could vacation Inside the house and never have to leave.. they have their own theater, arcade, bowling ally the list goes on - they have tons of entertainment.

But spending a billion tax payer dollars a year for perks is Nuts when the Rat hasn't done enough good for the country to warrant it. Let him actually make money for us then we'll talk. let him raise the value of the Dollar or get us out of the repression.

Hitler - I'd let Hitler spend 200.000 dollars on a vacation if he were President and kicked out the Zionist bankers like he did in Germany and went on to bring his people back to financial prosperity. A trick like that deserves reward but Obama.. Nada. Yep.. I just compared Obama to Hitler and Hitler won. Hands down.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by howmuch4another
I have just never heard of a first family footing the bills for their own travel. I'm open to see that. Anyone got a link or proof or anything?

It’s custom for the president’s family to pay for their own vacation expenses, while costs for security and White House staff are picked up by taxpayers.

www.theblaze.com...

This is one source. Many other can be found by doing a google search.

edit on 24-5-2013 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

Thanks. I get it although I think the statement "they pay for their vacations" misrepresents as they don't pay for the travel, security etc. Those are hefty bills and seems to be the beef JohnPhoenix is getting at. I just don't like the argument I guess. It seems like the least of our issues at the moment.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Thanks. I get it although I think the statement "they pay for their vacations" misrepresents as they don't pay for the travel, security etc. Those are hefty bills and seems to be the beef JohnPhoenix is getting at.

Yes, but what JohnPhoenix either doesn't understand or is purposefully ignoring is the fact that security and staff are at the beck and call of the first family no mater if they are sitting at home or taking a vacation. Those security/staff members get paid either way.

I just don't like the argument I guess. It seems like the least of our issues at the moment.

Agreed. It's a petty argument.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace

Thanks. I get it although I think the statement "they pay for their vacations" misrepresents as they don't pay for the travel, security etc. Those are hefty bills and seems to be the beef JohnPhoenix is getting at.

Yes, but what JohnPhoenix either doesn't understand or is purposefully ignoring is the fact that security and staff are at the beck and call of the first family no mater if they are sitting at home or taking a vacation. Those security/staff members get paid either way.

I just don't like the argument I guess. It seems like the least of our issues at the moment.

Agreed. It's a petty argument.

except Air Force One or Marine One or their equivalent flying them around and the increased cost of moving security details ahead of time etc. you're right..the expenses are constant.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Wait... I thought conservatives supported the idea that people who make lots of money should be allowed to spend it as they see fit.

Spending their own money to go on vacation ... just fine with it.
Spending our tax money to support their vacation .. which they do ... not fine with it.
It's not like they are paying for everything .. secret service and Air Force One and the rest
jack up the price tag for us taxpayers. And I'd rather have that money spent on keeping
open 'The People's House' than to spend on a vacation for Michelle and kids.

Sounds like you're all jealous!

I'm jealous of anyone with good enough health to go on any kind of vacation.
Happy for them .... but a bit jealous as well. I admit it.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Can she take her moron of a husband as well?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join