It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Duplicating God?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

That would be a violation of the law of contradiction and the law of causality. The First Cause cannot create Himself any more than you could be your own father.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FollowTheWhiteRabbit

But doesn't the cause somehow turn into the effect? Without the effect, there would be no cause and vice versa.

Think of it like a scale, where the cause is one end and the effect the other. They may be opposites, but they are still part of the scale. God (scale) is both the creator (cause) and the creation (effect).
edit on 23-5-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by jhill76

There is only one God.

Why is there only one god?

There is one God, but there are others (very small number) that sit outside of creation with him, and assist so to speak. That question can not be answered in one sentence. Because, others understand things differently, and the answer will be different dependent upon whom you ask.

I am having a hard time translating this into human terms. Maybe akushla99 can chime in here.

I will need to see this in perspective to give a proper answer, I will return and give answer.
edit on 23-5-2013 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

Paradise is a place. The closer you move towards it (which is dependant on faithful service) the more 'responsibility' (directly proportional to faithful service that you give) you take on. It's a trust for responsibility thing. Just a sideline: faithful service failed in the lower Louie Cipher, and therefore the trust - stripped of duties, for now...that was waaay lower.
Assistance is in the form of counsel in a downward direction...back through the ranks of ascension to paradise...even the 'assistants' do not see his face...a countenance too bright to see, but thier 'circuits' of communication are more crystaline than ours...we can never hear thier voices either...that is left to lower and lower 'aides'. Job descriptions are complicated. We are made of 'fine' stuff, but communicating with aides on higher levels is akin to picking up wifi when your using copper wires - incompatible...that 'machinery' needs to be evolved...some have, some have accidentally, some have through chemical imbalance in the brain (and struggle with the implications), mostly everyone does, to varying degrees.

Å99

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I agree with you. God is everything that is. But if god's emergence, the universe, can happen once, can't there be many universes, simultaneously, that are also autonomous gods?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

I agree with you. God is everything that is. But if god's emergence, the universe, can happen once, can't there be many universes, simultaneously, that are also autonomous gods?

That, is also an interesting question!

Autonomous...no...given the level of responsibility imbued in that type of creation.

Å99

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Possibly, but I don't know for sure. I only know of this universe, so I can't say whether there are others. I personally don't see why there is a need for other universes because this one is plenty big enough as it is, maybe even infinite. The way I see it, it may as well be with how huge it already is.

I've had the thought lately that if we create the universe around us with our brains, then maybe we are these "other" universes? Maybe different perspectives of this universe constitute as "alternate" universes? That might not make much sense, but just a thought.

Just my personal opinion of course.

edit on 24-5-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
If we lived in a solar system that had two suns, I wonder how our theology would look. Would we still believe in only one god?

I wonder, would the larger sun be said to be superior to the other. And when science discovered that the smaller sun was really larger, but further away, how would that effect our theology? How many would die trying to tell the world the truth?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   

if you are creating something from yourself alone....

the only way to create an equal is to divide in half.......

to create all sorts of life...... god is disintegrated....

like in many myths.....

self sacrifice is the ultimate gift.... just like godsus taught us....
edit on 24-5-2013 by solve because: godsus

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by solve

Father created Mother from self. All pairs (exception of some), were once self.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by solve

That isn't true for cell division/duplication. Is every new life taking a little piece away from god, making it less?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

Consider the process of childbirth...
Is your child lesser than you?

This, in the mind of standard Christians, is an irrelevant question because the product of dirt is still dirt.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

But doesn't the cause somehow turn into the effect? Without the effect, there would be no cause and vice versa.

Think of it like a scale, where the cause is one end and the effect the other. They may be opposites, but they are still part of the scale. God (scale) is both the creator (cause) and the creation (effect).

Good, good...we are getting somewhere.

Sorry for all the woo-woo jibber jabber, but if you can wrap your mind around it all, you might be able to figure it out.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

yes it is....kinda...
life eats life...
maybe the quantity of bio-mass stays the same, but the spirit, is torn from the source...
edit on 24-5-2013 by solve because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-5-2013 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Consider the process of childbirth...
Is your child lesser than you?

This, in the mind of standard Christians, is an irrelevant question because the product of dirt is still dirt.

What would 'standard christians' know?

...other than what is corn-fed to them...

There are some 'interesting' questions popping up in this thread.
...some have been summarily glossed over.

Å99

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

reply to post by EnochWasRight

Can God create something that is greater than itself? Or, is it true that God can only create something that is lesser than itself?

Yes, because it divided/defined itself separate parts unequally for a reason, split its soul/spirit in this manner to "SEE WHAT WOULD HAPPEN". Cannot become greater than itself just explain itself to itself (the more soul splits the merrier, allows for anything to happen).
edit on 24-5-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by solve

to create all sorts of life...... god is disintegrated....

like in many myths.....

self sacrifice is the ultimate gift.... just like godsus taught us....
edit on 24-5-2013 by solve because: godsus

There is no 'division', and therefore, no 'duplication'...according to any process understood by 'nuts & bolts' cell division...nothing is lost, nothing is gained...there is no...half of infinite, double infinite...

Manifestations of 'other' springs from an eternal fount...they are not 'other' because there is the appearance of division...the flame taken from a candle, to light another candle...is not a lesser flame...it is the same flame, with the same attributes as the original flame...extinguishing one does not extinguish the other, and vice versa...so the flame (to all intents and purposes) is the same flame...

Å99

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Originally posted by akushla99
Originally posted by EnochWasRight

enochwasright
There cannot be a finite number of eternal things, therefore, the eternal cannot change. Finite things change, but there cannot be an infinite number of finite things. Like you say, the beginning and the end is what changes. It comes from the Eternal. What is moved must be anchored by what does not. I agree. This is the purpose of the image and the only way fellowship can happen. I think my link hit this very topic.

akushla99
Finite issuing from infinite...cannot be infinite? Is this what you are saying? Procedurally, this does not gel...
*Thinks*...Infinite produces finite (infinitely), but Enoch says this does not happen...is there limited...mmm...conceptual space for this production of 'finite' things?...or indeed, limited physical space? Å99

Conceptual space is unlimited, as ideaform creates its own space/birth local and becomes perceptual. Think of soap bubbles (any variety and can visualize how this happens).

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

enochwasright
There cannot be a finite number of eternal things, therefore, the eternal cannot change. Finite things change, but there cannot be an infinite number of finite things. Like you say, the beginning and the end is what changes. It comes from the Eternal. What is moved must be anchored by what does not. I agree. This is the purpose of the image and the only way fellowship can happen. I think my link hit this very topic.

akushla99
Finite issuing from infinite...cannot be infinite? Is this what you are saying? Procedurally, this does not gel...
*Thinks*...Infinite produces finite (infinitely), but Enoch says this does not happen...is there limited...mmm...conceptual space for this production of 'finite' things?...or indeed, limited physical space? Å99

Conceptual space is unlimited, as ideaform creates its own space/birth local and becomes perceptual. Think of soap bubbles (any variety and can visualize how this happens).

VHB...(you will appreciate this)...
There is a bridge in language that cannot be built with words that describe solidity - up to and including, just short of gaseous concepts...

...and enquirers are insisting on following this matrix, as if it would/could or should describe processes that fall waaay outside the range of even the most gaseous concepts...
I'm seeing in this thread (quite apart from the stellar OP) some pertinent enquiry...

It's heart warming...

Å99

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I believe God does duplicate himself, by us having babies. The only true miracle is that of life, and that miracle is performed many many times everyday by women giving birth. There is no such thing as "lesser" or "greater" in God's kingdom (the universe), we are all equal and all One.

That's my take on it at least. I know lots of people will disagree though.

edit on 23-5-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

windword
God hasn't duplicated itself by creating the universe, but does do so through the procreation of human mammals? How about all the other flora and fauna? If there is no thing that is greater or lesser than god, are all created things equal to god?

I see it as God looking in a mirror and saying, I SEE NOTHING, so I am going to create something of myself that can be experienced (selfish notion) just a Barnam and Bailey Spectacular Traveling Circus as one traverses the Globe. On a personal note All things are expressions of oneself, not the PRINCIPLE BEING. Duplicated in entirety NO, as parts of YES and oh boy what a project that incurred as in the divisions of beingness, the flighted feathered, the breathing of waterborn pig mammals, the mammal land based, the lizards, the INSECTS, you have no idea the thought that went into just the FLORA, the MAINTAINING of this planetformitarian. You humans have no idea you were an AFTERTHOUGHT (all things already set in place as habitat said and done). YOU WERE EASY given the ridiculous prospect of entertaining/creating an ENVIRONMENT that could support 4-5 million species (half of which are insects alone) and adding YOU at the last moment.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

enochwasright

akushla99

akushla99
VHB...(you will appreciate this)...
There is a bridge in language that cannot be built with words that describe solidity - up to and including, just short of gaseous concepts......and enquirers are insisting on following this matrix, as if it would/could or should describe processes that fall waaay outside the range of even the most gaseous concepts...
I'm seeing in this thread (quite apart from the stellar OP) some pertinent enquiry...It's heart warming...Å99

I like this thread as well, language has its particular oddities in that it can explain concepts hidden within the words. Poetry a great example, There are some bridges you build but others dont trust to cross them because they are percieved unsafe. Those that would chance the path need a solid matrix (matrixes are tricky inthemselves specially if its of a ducttape variety). The outside the range of safety is apparent (no safety glasses worn even when told "safety FIRST").

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join