It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accused in alleged terror plot seeks lawyer who will use Qu'ran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
this could be interesting to see.

Chiheb Esseghaier appeared in a Toronto court by video link this morning. He said he is seeking a legal aid lawyer to defend him against several terrorism-related charges in what the RCMP has called the first known alleged plot in Canada directed by al-Qaida.
The 30-year-old Montreal man said he wants a lawyer who can co-operate with his need to use the Muslim "holy book as a reference for my judgment."
Esseghaier has said he does not recognize the authority of the secular Criminal Code, telling court today, "I don't want a book written by humans." Read more: www.cp24.com...

the question i have to ask is why? is he wanting his punishment to be dictated by this book, or is he wanting to use it as his defense that he was only following what his holy book has told him (and all Muslims) to do? will be a rather interesting thing to see.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Muslims believe the Quran to be verbally revealed through angel Gabriel (Jibril) from God to Muhammad gradually over a period of approximately 23 years beginning on 22 December 609 CE,[6] when Muhammad was 40, and concluding in 632 CE, the year of his death.

wiki

Funny he doesn't want a book written by man, but a man has written the book he refers to. Prophets are man or women too.

new topics

join