It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama loses Chris Matthews of MSNBC

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
It's not just Matthews:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I actually chuckled out loud... you honestly think Chris Matthews is far left? If you're going to use terminology, you should understand it first.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
2 things we Philadelphians are totally and completely ashamed to mention - Mayor Wilson Goode of "Move Bomber" fame wherein he bombed a "Move" home (a black liberation group) killing 11 people, including five children -and also completely destroyed a whole city block -

AND Chris Matthews - no explanation necessary.

BTW - Chris Matthews will never abandon or betray BHO.............never.
edit on 24-5-2013 by CasaVigilante because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Here is the truth about the Mainstream Media:::

Two major groups, AP and Reuters, do almost all of the actual reporting and story crafting.
All of these other "networks", just license this content from them.

If you watch multiple networks at the same time, you will notice uncanny similarities between the wording and presentation of the news itself. This is usually divided right vs left in order to keep people arguing about senseless things.

When you watch TV, even the fake fake news like the Daily Show, it is almost always scripted. That is in order to control the content and fit within time constraints and all sorts of reasons why scripts are used.

Speaking of the Daily Show, although they are also establishment mouthpieces they do regularly show clips from multiple news agencies revealing how they say the exact same words all the time. Same terminology across all these networks used at the same time? It's because they are licensing scripts from other companies and then broadcasting that content to their customers.

This is all about entertainment and ratings. They have no legal obligation to report the truth, but they do have an obligation to their shareholders and their boss.

That is the truth about the media. If you buy into their politricking for even a minute you should slap yourself and say "snap outta it!"
edit on 24-5-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
As usual Matthews proves what a dolt he is. Obama's not in charge of anything, except maybe dressing himself.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
You are all being played, particularly you far right wing parrots. (tho, to be fair, the politically correct gestapo of the left can be just as annoying as they focus on issues that are also mostly bs)

Actually it's you that was played. Progressive/liberals cheered him on in '08 and then again in '12. But in '12 you all said, "Well, maybe he'll do better this time," even as the conservatives and libertarians warned everyone that he showed his hand as early as 2009.

/TOA

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

You are all being played, particularly you far right wing parrots. (tho, to be fair, the politically correct gestapo of the left can be just as annoying as they focus on issues that are also mostly bs)

Actually it's you that was played. Progressive/liberals cheered him on in '08 and then again in '12. But in '12 you all said, "Well, maybe he'll do better this time," even as the conservatives and libertarians warned everyone that he showed his hand as early as 2009.

/TOA

This is the kind of naive thinking that keeps us mired in a 2 party system. Not all Liberals vote within the confines of the Democratic Party. I don't care for Obama, but that's because he is right of center on most social issues, a hawk, and a Corporatist.

Anyone still voting for the Republicans or Democrats are being played, mostly against each other. I would rather "throw my vote away" on someone not in the two party system than vote for one of the two evils.

A vote for the lesser evil is still a vote for evil.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

No, this is the type of thinking that breaks one out of the two-party system, as I did years ago. Just because I call out this guy, doesn't mean I support that "other" team. I was responding directly to his broken ideology.

But to your comment, was it libertarians that voted for Obama? Conservatives? No, it was liberals/progressives that were the bulk of his constituency.

/TOA

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
At least he is being intellectually and ideologically honest. If anyone or group had a reason to stay on the Obama bandwagon, it's MSNBC.

They must do this otherwise the "right" will pound them to dust, having the upper hand. MSNBC would look mighty foolish if they go on with the Obama hype show, sort of like a screen door on a submarine. After all they know they will still be in business long after Obama is gone and will need all the credibility they can muster when called on to trumpet the cause in upcoming elections and the next democrat for president.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

No, this is the type of thinking that breaks one out of the two-party system, as I did years ago. Just because I call out this guy, doesn't mean I support that "other" team. I was responding directly to his broken ideology.

But to your comment, was it libertarians that voted for Obama? Conservatives? No, it was liberals/progressives that were the bulk of his constituency.

/TOA

No one accused you of supporting the other side. I merely -correctly- pointed out that it wasn't all Progressives and Liberals that voted for Obama, and to paint it as an either/or scenario perpetuates the bifurcation of the process.

www.ropercenter.uconn.edu...

To correct your misconception about who voted for Obama, the biggest voting group for Obama in 2008 were people that identified themselves as Independent Moderates.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Id go to the party

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlasherOfVeils
So, Ijust had to post this, as I don't see it anywhere. Chris Matthews has been one of the biggest and staunchest of Obama supporters since 07, tears into his messiah!

I see it as making an excuse for Obama to make it appear more that Obama wasn't so much complicit as he was absent from the decision making or planning of these things. Mathews is still an Obama apologist.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

how in holy hell is obama "right of center" !? much less social issues.

Choice vs life? social issue
gays in military? social issue
gay marriage? social issue
entitlements/welfare? social issue
obamaphones? social issue
centralized healthcare? social issue

The only thing obama is "right of center" on is his warmongering and pro-corporatist (provided [your] corporation is on his side) policies

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

I see it as making an excuse for Obama to make it appear more that Obama wasn't so much complicit as he was absent from the decision making or planning of these things. Mathews is still an Obama apologist.

Would that not prove his incompetence as commander and chief and grounds for dismissal?

If what the OP says about Mathews and his support for Obama, then S&F.

edit on 24-5-2013 by whatzshaken because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-5-2013 by whatzshaken because: spelling

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlasherOfVeils

how in holy hell is obama "right of center" !? much less social issues.

Choice vs life? social issue
gays in military? social issue
gay marriage? social issue
entitlements/welfare? social issue
obamaphones? social issue
centralized healthcare? social issue

The only thing obama is "right of center" on is his warmongering and pro-corporatist (provided [your] corporation is on his side) policies

Abortion is rhetoric until he has something on the table to sign.
Repeal of DADT allowed more people to join the military, which in turn creates more soldiers.
Gay Marriage is rhetoric until he has something on the table to sign.
The majority of Entitlements/Welfare go to corporate interest, even recent changes in SNAP directly affect banking by making all payout electronic, thus needing to pay banking infrastructure to keep it in place.
The money from "Obamaphones" is paid to Corporate interests. Follow the money.
Centeralized Healthcare? Obamneycare was the brainchild of the Right, whether or not they want to endorse it now, it was created as a comprimise, and that compromise benefits none but Insurance Companies, which stand to make RECORD profits.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatzshaken
reply to post by Bilk22

Would that not prove his incompetence as commander and chief and grounds for dismissal?

If what the OP says about Mathews and his support for Obama, then S&F.

edit on 24-5-2013 by whatzshaken because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-5-2013 by whatzshaken because: spelling

Oh I wholly agree that he needs to go, but my point was that Mathews is making excuses for Obama. He's trying to make a case that Obama couldn't have know about these things because he's so "detached". Yes I think that is also reason for dismissal, but I think Mathews doesn't mean it that way. My opinion is he feels Obama should be more engaged to push his agenda rather than leave it to underlings.

Me? I think Obama is too lazy and self-important for that. Besides, I don't think he's smart enough to have thought of the agenda on his own. He's just a tool. He was a wise choice by the PTB. Being black, he is somewhat insulated - the idea being people would and have been called out as being racist because they were critical of him.
edit on 24-5-2013 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I guess the thrill (tingling) is gone

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

/TOA

The problem is, who was the alternative? The sad ugly truth of our system is that there's no choice. Both sides are absolutely terrible.

Lets say the right gets what they've wanted since Jan 20 2008 and Obama is impeached, and that republicans sweep the midterm elections. Is the country actually better off? We're going to have Democrats upset that they've had two presidents impeached in a row, Republicans convinced they're on a mandate from god, an unelected president (who actually votes for the VP?), extremely bitter 2016 elections, with again partisan politics rather than addressing issues.

If Obama is guilty as hell here and he needs to go, Republicans don't win... we all lose.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Im shocked Chris Mathews the one that gets a thrill up his leg when he he talks about Obama. Can't help it Chris this is for you!

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Matthews really pours it on !!

Keep in mind He is a professional at conveying a message.

With more and more undeniable corruption being exposed, the Liberal media appears to be covering their rear ends too !!

Watch if and when Obama Inc. squeezes through this, Matthews will turn around again as usual

Remember: Matthews takes orders and assignments just like all of 'em.

This was not an unrehearsed rant.

It was planned programming.

Good post. I agree.

But I'd go even farther. I think the "scandals" themselves were planned so the MSM could "discover" them and regain credibility and respectability in the eyes of a public that has lost just about all faith in them. Obama (and every president) needs the media to be trusted in order for him to be able to use them for spreading propaganda.

Unfortunately, we have little hope of the majority seeing through this sham. TV is the perfect medium for them to spread their BS. People are accustomed to suspending disbelief when they watch TV. I mean, if you can get them to do it when they're watching things they know are fictional, getting them to do it when they're watching things that are supposed to be true should be a piece of cake.
edit on 25-5-2013 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join