It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS what difference do we make ? Allow me to answer that,if I may

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
ATS what difference do we make ?

Hi guys.

That is a question I've read many times over the last 8 years or so

Allow me to enlighten you, for me, I've had good times, bad times, laughed until my sides hurt, cried with you and shared my personal life, been helped through a divorce, congratulated on a marriage and introduced you to my wife.

Recently we've had the Boston bombings and what did we do ? Rally and support.
The Woolwich murder and what did we do ? Rally and support.
The tornado and what did we do ? Rally and support.

We've had lives falling apart and what do we do ? Rally and support.
We've had ATS marriages and what do we do ? Celebrate
We've had ATS babies and what do we do ? Celebrate

What difference do we make ?

It may not be global bringing down the gov't but we touch each other , we care and we reach out when a member needs help.

What difference did we make ?

One member in a really bad way chose life rather than suicide because of one post.

We make a difference people keep it up .

What difference do we make ? At least one life was saved and turned around, that's pretty awesome.

That's the difference we make

Cody

edit on 23/5/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Yes throughout all our differences we are making a difference.

One big happy diverse community. Who said multicultuarlism doesn't work?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
Recently we've had the Boston bombings and what did we do ?

Blamed it on the government and were glad nobody died, as they were actors?

The tornado and what did we do ?

Blamed it on HAARP, whatever that is?

What difference do we make ?

Create the weirdest conspiracy theories and lure in paranoid people who are too lazy/ignorant to realize that it's their shared dislike/hate/paranoia that creates a "truth", and thereby feeding each other with that false information?

It may not be global bringing down the gov't but we touch each other

We'll see how long it takes before all this makes people from this board to go from hate to act, when they are completely brainwashed into thinking that the things circulating here actually were true.

One member in a really bad way chose life rather than suicide because of one post.

That is a very good thing!

What difference do we make ? At least one life was saved and turned around, that's pretty awesome.

That is awesome, no doubt.
But making people believe in such destructive lies (or I must be fair: often honest delusional beliefs) is less awesome, and I cannot imagine how that makes some readers feel and what action they may take.

edit on 23-5-2013 by Nevertheless because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-5-2013 by Nevertheless because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

But making people believe in such destructive lies (or I must be fair: often honest delusional beliefs) is less awesome, and I cannot imagine how that makes some readers feel and what action they may take.
reply to post by Nevertheless

What people choose to believe is very much a personal thing. I chose life because of one comment I read all those years ago, back when I was a lurker.

The action I took was to find the real me and embrace life rather than be afraid, it's the reason I post here, maybe, just maybe someone will smile and life will be a bit better.

If one thread or one comment makes someone's life a bit more bearable it was worth it.

Cody

edit on 24/5/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

It's awesome that you've had that experience - I never even knew that about you until now.

It would be great if everyone could say the same, and that all relationships are equally reciprocal, but I guess for some of us anyways we remain the odd man left standing when the music stops and everyone else takes a seat.

Another (more technical) metaphor is that some of us may be destined to be a sink while others enjoy being a source. It does not necessarily make either one inherently good or bad, but it does tend to feel a bit unbalanced and unhealthy frequently playing the role of one while seldom playing the other.

I suppose one can always take solace in the fact that, in this vast universe of ours, any of us even exist at all, and furthermore, by pure chance we happen to meet kindred spirits who can sit around and talk of such subjects to begin with.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by KyrieEleison

Kyrie my dear friend

You are one of the few members I actually remember replying to their introduction, I don't know why but I do, something about being prepared to having your faith tested if I remember correctly.

I've read some of your posts and seen you influence thinking for the good.

Know it or not you do make a difference.

There is a reason we all met here on ATS, I once read that you never meet someone for no reason at all, there is always something to learn from them.

So far I have found this to be true, the learning experience isn't always instantaneous, it may just be a reaction to something years down the line, and I think bugger me if I hadn't X I would have reacted badly to that, if I ever see them again I must remember to thank them.

Just a thought
Cody

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

People like you make me want to watch what I say.

Gee, thanks. So much for freedom of speech.

Seriously though, you're right. Most of us don't know each other IRL, some do, some do but don't want to say for their own reasons. That's all and fine but the thing about sites like this is it doesn't matter. The writers personality comes through the screen by way of the words, and that combination effects people in certain ways.

You may not agree with what I say, but I can all but guarantee that I will have had an effect on you. There are many writers here and they know exactly what I'm talking about. 9 times out of 10 I will have put a lot of thought into what I post. Every once in a blue moon, not so much (See the post I made prior to this). But you're right, we all have an effect on each other so we should pay mind to what we post before we do.

And I'm sincerely glad that someone had a positive effect on you all those years ago. That was cool story and I'm glad you're still with us.

edit on 27-5-2013 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I remember it well.

Just from your initial post I knew it would only mean good things from there on.

Your philosophy is a good one, the lessons we learn can be disguised in the most subtle of ways, what's important is how we apply these lessons in our behavior as time goes by (for those of us who are inclined to listen - for those who don't it is a shame and it must be frustrating for them to never truly grow, stuck in the same spot spinning their wheels for the rest of their days).

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
reply to post by cody599

People like you make me want to watch what I say.

Gee, thanks. So much for freedom of speech.

Seriously though, you're right. Most of us don't know each other IRL, some do, some do but don't want to say for their own reasons. That's all and fine but the thing about sites like this is it doesn't matter. The writers personality comes through the screen by way of the words, and that combination effects people in certain ways.

You may not agree with what I say, but I can all but guarantee that I will have had an effect on you. There are many writers here and they know exactly what I'm talking about. 9 times out of 10 I will have put a lot of thought into what I post. Every once in a blue moon, not so much (See the post I made prior to this). But you're right, we all have an effect on each other so we should pay mind to what we post before we do.

And I'm sincerely glad that someone had a positive effect on you all those years ago. That was cool story and I'm glad you're still with us.

edit on 27-5-2013 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

I disagree with many posts here at the moment. Some I choose to reply to and some not.

In ATS I try to think carefully before I reply
In BTS I just have a laugh

Thank you for your kind words I'm glad as well. It's funny isn't it a few words on a screen can make you happy or fly off into a rage. I don't envy the mods

Cody

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Why do you think ATS needs to 'make a difference'?
Cant' it just be a hobby .. a place for people to talk ...
Why does it have to be important???

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I like many others on ats WATCH for new and interesting catchy titles to pop up and READ THEM.

I then COMMENT on them. And ARGUE with people about the validity of certain events.

I then get TIRED or PISSED OFF and go to BED.

I sit there and I think, WOW I made a REAL DIFFERENCE TODAY. I came on here and posted a snipping from information on a reputable news site and brought it to the most laughed at place on the internet.

I had a 3 page argument that ended in me ignoring the guy or the guy ignoring me.

I got 4 stars, I got 20 posts I can author a thread, I have 24 points way above top secret.

I try to spread the good word by posting on a site with people that are ptsd, psychotic, bi-polar skit-so's and ALREADY WOKE UP.

So I have come to the conclusion that ATS does not make a difference. It is just another place to distract most from their mundane lives which are most likely in shambles instead of trying to fix their life. It is just another stop on the internet that is supposed to trap you make you ignorant and keep you from challenging authority the right way. Which I know for a fact that is what they are here for because the sites T&C contract you sign restrict you to doing 2 things POST AND ARGUE.

By continuing to come onto ATS you ARE NOT denying ignorance and questioning authority. You are increasing your ignorance by participating on the shame that is ATS and in turn NOT QUESTIONING AUTHORITY just getting their attention.

edit on 28-5-2013 by lucifer6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by lucifer6

And yet, you still took the time to post all that.

You're right, though. It made no difference to me.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

So does ATS MAKE A DIFFERENCE NO.

There are a select few people on this site that even know what it takes to turn a country around or covertly take a country over from the inside or RULE THE WORLD and sadly they work for the very people we despise. Most of them are MASONS, some of them are illuminated masons.

The point is that the ATS Collective does not have the knowledge it takes to FORCE peace and prosperity on the country or world for that matter. All we are good for is posting snippets from supposed reputable news sources or even straight off of cnn. And arguing the validity and say something needs to done about this I am getting so tired so tired of the country the way it is we need to do something about. Then you go on and continue responding to non stop posts.

ATS FOR MEMBERS IS A DRUG. WE ARE ALL FEAR ADDICTS. Nothing less. Nothing more. The ATS t&c's forbid an serious collaborations and any thread that could really wake people up gets deleted time and time again.

Its pointless but I still have fun coming on here, trying to make a difference and failing horribly.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Im one of the ptsd bipolar skitz-o's I was talking about

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Your definition of "making a difference" varies greatly from mine and many others.

The essence of your argument is that, because we do not effect IMMEDIATE, WORLD-MOVING change that it amounts to nothing.

Sorry, but I do not have such delusions of grandeur.

From Cody's testimony, he came here and based on what someone said it saved his life.

That made a difference to him, and me, and everyone else who care about him.

I'm sorry if that seems insufficient for the likes of you.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Since you brought this up Cody, last night, your man thread made a difference.
I was in a bad/sad mood, and I read the man's rules, and laughed and laughed and laughed!
In fact, I have not laughed so hard in a long time
That made a difference!

Thank you!

edit on 28-5-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Why do you think ATS needs to 'make a difference'?
Cant' it just be a hobby .. a place for people to talk ...
Why does it have to be important???

I don't it needs to make a difference, It just does, if you remember I posted about the pope, being pretty ignorant of such matters you educated me and piqued my interest so off I toddled and did some research. I am now a lot more tolerant.

Thank you, see you made a difference.

Cody

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

So I have come to the conclusion that ATS does not make a difference. It is just another place to distract most from their mundane lives which are most likely in shambles instead of trying to fix their life. It is just another stop on the internet that is supposed to trap you make you ignorant and keep you from challenging authority the right way. Which I know for a fact that is what they are here for because the sites T&C contract you sign restrict you to doing 2 things POST AND ARGUE. By continuing to come onto ATS you ARE NOT denying ignorance and questioning authority. You are increasing your ignorance by participating on the shame that is ATS and in turn NOT QUESTIONING AUTHORITY just getting their attention.

And yet here you are

Cody

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

You're more than welcome my friend,
That's kind of my point.

I've logged on sometimes in a bad mood and ended up crying with laughter.

Unfortunately as a relatively new poster all those years ago it had the opposite effect when a thread (my baby that thought long and hard about) got a 404.

Ensuing pointless indignant u2u's with mods and a fuming Cody swearing to leave ATS forever

Like that would ever happen

I need a life

Cody

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

From Cody's testimony, he came here and based on what someone said it saved his life. That made a difference to him, and me, and everyone else who care about him. I'm sorry if that seems insufficient for the likes of you.

I'm blushing
Thank you for your kind words

A member posted about what seemed to be a heart attack not so long ago. Said member is fine now from my understanding.

It made a difference to me, because I cared about said member, not that I've ever met them in person, that's just the way I am. I was elated to get a u2u and read all is fine.

Sometimes small incremental changes are best.

Cody

top topics

<<   2 >>

join