It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Navy Destroys Israeli Submarine

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by RickyD

Because it probably happened within Syrian waters...and I doubt they had permission to be there. Just like how when Iran supposedly took down a US drone over their air space. We weren't supposed to be there...we were the invaders. It's no surprise that they haven't said anything and quite honestly if they knew they could deny it without being proven to be lying they probably would have just to save face and because they were violating a sovereign countries boarders.

Bingo.

Hardly justification if they knew they were in the wrong. (not that Israel ever thinks it is "wrong", hehe...)
Still though, if they were in Syrian waters, they knew the possibility. Will have to see what details emerge.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
This must be a propaganda from Bashar Al - Assad

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I can't find any other (non-Syrian) news sources confirming this allegation, and as the stated date is a while ago, my personal view is as above (propaganda)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Armadall

Israel is doing everything they can to prevent from having to do just that, but they are running out of options.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I don't think this happened....or if it did maybe it was some sort of drone or swimmer delivery vehical. BUT submarine operations are highly classified, so the IDF might not just come out and say it lost a sub, in fact, maybe they did and don't know it because it isn't due to check in. Sub Ops are secret enough that they don't always report in for days or weeks at a time.

Highly doubtful. But if true could get nasty.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
It was just a whale wearing a tin foil hat.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Israel, has nuclear armed subs.
One of these is on constant patrol,off the coast of Iran.....perhaps this is one of these patrols en route.
I

Only if you believe the ridiculous stories in relation to those claims. They are Dolphin submarines without the range to be deployed like that. They would have to be supported with mother vessels in the Arabian Sea or Indian Ocean and all for what? Yes if Israel had SSBNs but not with limited range Dolphin Class. The effort out ways any possible military advantage.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by masta12d

Looking for an excuse to invade Syria? After the loss from invading Lebanon in 1982, I think Israel would be looking for any excuse not to invade Syria (but like the US, a air war and bombing campaign is likely).

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by masta12d

It’s not the first time Syrian Navy engage with enemy and hostile objects. At the very beginning of the Syrian crisis, the Syrian Navy spotted a German navy ship on a reconnaissance mission and harassed it away, a German minister then complained of the Syrian Navy acts claiming the ship was not spying, just listening and collecting information!

HAHAHA LOLOL REALLY? Whats the difference?
edit on 25-5-2013 by Moonguy because: Added the complete paragraph

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Moonguy

There actually is a difference. Spying is actively trying to gather information, either through getting access to files and other information, or through bribery to people that know the information. Subs gather information by evesdropping on electronic signals through their ESM mast, and other means.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Its also the act of "listening and collecting information!"

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Moonguy

Sure, but a lot of places differentiate between the two. It's generally accepted that spying involves people, and listening and collecting information involves electronic methods.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Eh, spying is a broad term which can include data collection via submarines or human intel via CIA.

Either way, spying is spying.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join