It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Navy Destroys Israeli Submarine

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by howmuch4another

"Israel's air force commander, whose warplanes hit targets in Syria three times this year, warned that his squadrons could soon be in a "surprise war" with Syria as Russia bolsters the embattled Damascus regime with new missiles."

Read more: www.upi.com...

Meaning its a matter of time.

Or this linkwww.cbn.com...
edit on 23-5-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

how did you get "proclaimed war" from that?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Because its happening behind the scenes. If there is a war coming. Then they are preparing for it.

So its happening maybe not in view yet, by general public but doesnt mean they arent getting ready for it.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered

Because its happening behind the scenes. If there is a war coming. Then they are preparing for it.

So its happening maybe not in view yet, by general public but doesnt mean they arent getting ready for it.

If it is behind the scenes it is not "proclaimed". I see what you're saying now but your choice of words to describe the article was a miss and confusing..

pro·claim transitive verb \prō-ˈklām, prə-\

Definition of PROCLAIM

a : to declare publicly, typically insistently, proudly, or defiantly and in either speech or writing : announce
b : to give outward indication of : show
: to declare or declare to be solemnly, officially, or formally
: to praise or glorify openly or publicly : extol

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Seriously ... I'm getting a hardon at the prospect of Israel going up against the Russians.

We could be getting close to a point where USA has to decide what it's gonna do .... all out war or walk away from Israel.

I know which one I'd go for.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Well thats what they said " we have to be ready for war". So you think Israeli army is sipping beer behind the scenes?
Oh please get with it.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

again I understood after you expanded but it doesn't change the fact that
they aren't "proclaiming" anything......don't get mad at me because your choice of a word was ignorant.

edit on 5/23/2013 by howmuch4another because: grammar

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Israel has a wooping 5 subs. Syria is under watch of US, NATO, Russia,Iran and ctr. There is no way that loosing one could be hidden. So it is the same kind of propaganda as Israeli jets in Gaza story.
If even Press TV does not speak about it - this is not even a drone. It simply did not happen.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by RickyD

Yes I understand that but the Turkish Flotila that was sacked was in international waters and that didn't stop them from "doing the needful". Plus, Israel can always claim whatever they want and it wouldn't matter because the MSN would report as they were told.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Armadall

It is quite possible this is just propaghanda.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I understand this but it was reported yesterday so it would be considered breaking and yes, if he even happened at all. It could just be used to inflate the egos of the Syrian regime.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin

Seriously ... I'm getting a hardon at the prospect of Israel going up against the Russians.

We could be getting close to a point where USA has to decide what it's gonna do .... all out war or walk away from Israel.

I know which one I'd go for.

Israel against the Russians? You do know they are buddy buddy right? Putin admires Israel. Israel sells Russia weapons tech., Of course the fact the Russians could not even get a force to fight Israel is completely mute as they are friends. Heck a warship Russian just made the first visit ever to Israel. This is not some black and white video game. Russia supports Syria while it is profitable to so. They also will walk away when it is not. With the state of the Russian milirtay they need Isreali military tech far more then they need a petty dictator in Assad.

Also submarines and their crews are not something you can hide if they do not come home. So anyone who thinks Israel is missing a sub should think again.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by masta12d

Eh, I've been checking Syrian/Middle Eastern and Israeli news outlets and there's no mention of this.

7 flags?
edit on 23-5-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Yes and no. Syria is essentially the only country in the middle east where they have a foothold. Furthermore, Russia has a defense pact with Syria do they not? If they don't they do with Iran so via proxy Syria also.

Ok, so I can't find a defense agreement on Syria/Russia but Russia has been supplying weapons to Syria.

Additionally, we have this little nugget:

www.presstv.ir...

The recent Israeli attacks on Syria, particularly the use of a nuclear bunker buster gave the Russians a gift from heaven, opening the door to make a defensive deployment to protect their longtime ally in Syria. The Russians are back in the Med to stay, and this might be a good lesson to the folly of the Western slow motion aggression policy in the region, which has put a match to the whole place.

This quote by Commander Admiral Viktor Chirkov :

“Overall, already from this year, we plan to have five or six warships and support vessels [in the Mediterranean Sea], which will be replaced on a rotating basis from each of the fleets - the Black Sea, Baltic, Northern and, in some cases, even the Pacific Fleet. Depending on the scope of assignments and their complexity, the number of warships in the task force may be increased.”

edit on 23-5-2013 by masta12d because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Eh, I've been checking Syrian/Middle Eastern and Israeli news outlets and there's no mention of this.

7 flags?

I didn't flag it, I just posted it. Beside, I don't get flags (not cool enough).....haven't you noticed my profile? lol

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

No duh you didn't flag it, unless you have alt accounts, but that's not the point. The point is this is a complete lie yet 7 people flagged it.

Deny ignorance they did not.

Btw, I see what you mean, there are 7 flags yet your at 0 on your profile there. Odd.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I know silly it was a joke.

I wouldn't say this didn't happen. I can think of 1000 different reasons this would get burried. The only reason I could think for the West to report would be as justification for war. Of course this reasoning would be paper thin hence no word from the west.

I, of course, can also see how this could simply be intended as exclusively domestic (In Syria) propaganda to prop up the government and provide reassurences to the people that they are still in charge.

I would think though, if this did happen, it would be touted all over the Middle East without exception and of course I am not seeing this. Still worth looking into IMO.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

If you take into count all the falgs I should have I am pretty sure it is over 200.

I brought it up to staff 6 or 7 times to no avail. Whatya gonna do?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by masta12d

The recent Israeli attacks on Syria, particularly the use of a nuclear bunker buster gave the Russians a gift from heaven, opening the door to make a defensive deployment to protect their longtime ally in Syria. The Russians are back in the Med to stay, and this might be a good lesson to the folly of the Western slow motion aggression policy in the region, which has put a match to the whole place.

There is very little evidence that it was a nuclear bunker buster, other than a bright flash and mushroom shaped cloud, and a lot of evidence that it was purely conventional, just very large. Conventional explosives can and do create mushroom clouds, that is not proof that it is a nuclear blast. There was no shockwave, no emp, no seismic signature, no radioactive signature or spread of radiation that should have occurred within a few hours at most, etc. Lots of evidence of a very large conventional weapon, and very little of a nuclear bunker buster.
edit on 5/23/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

What do you atribute the bright flash to?
Fuel air?
Secondary explosion?
Thermobaric
Even a neutron bomb? theres those who say the israelis have em....

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join