It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientology exposed.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

How is this allowed to keep happening?

I'm not really to well informed on scientology is there any scientologists here that can help explain a few things on the video.

This really looks like a straight out cult to me. They look at tom cruise like a god.

edit on 23-5-2013 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Anyone who plays on gossip blogs know all about this.

And yes it is a cult, a very dangerous cult.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justaposter
Anyone who plays on gossip blogs know all about this.

And yes it is a cult, a very dangerous cult.

Not more dangerous then all other religions fanatics

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Dangerous to each other more than anything or anybody else. Once they got you, they abuse you like a militarized-jail-monastery on steroids run by childish adults.

I hate Control Freaks.
edit on 23-5-2013 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Scientology is very powerful indeed. When I used to live in Los Angeles I remember seeing their presence all around town: Hollywood, West L.A., West Hollywood, Studio City, and a lot of other places. They even have a strong presence along Hollywood Blvd, however, I'm not sure if that's still the case. Steve Martin did a great spoof about the scientologists in his movie with Eddie Murphy called Bowfinger.

www.imdb.com...

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Coming to you live and in color the lunacy of L.Ron Hubbard and his minions.
Operation Clambake (A compilation of just about everything you'd want to know about Scientology)

Don't miss the info on the Sea Organization members of which must sign a billion year contract.
edit on 23-5-2013 by Josephus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The Scientology organization can be every bit as annoying as any fundamentalist sect of any kind. Once you get on their mailing list they will make your current flood of junk mail seem tiny by comparison. Best thing to do is move, leave no forwarding address, change your name if need be. Other than that I have found a lot of useful information through them and in Hubbard's books - though one needs to sieve through it to obtain that. There are even a few useful training routines in some of their courses. IMO though, the negatives outweigh the positives.

I have had a friend since the early 70's that has been involved with Scientology since long before I met him and is still active with it. He is no major "insider" to their organization but has other family members active with them for just as long. He taught me a lot about their more inside information that one doesn't usually learn until they have been involved with them for quite awhile. He loaned me books, talked me into taking a couple courses, I spent a short time on staff with them, but find their "tech" more useful than their organization.

I can be fairly objective about them from an outsider's viewpoint that has had some involvement. It is not all bad, IMO, but neither is it all good. Some people don't like them because they have run afoul of their organization. Others perhaps don't like them because while going through their "spiritual training" they had found out things about themselves they would rather not have learned. Many people just don't like them because they have expensive courses that can literally go on forever. My personal advice is to avoid them altogether. At the same time though, I did learn some useful things from them. That was many decades ago and it still is handy. My friend is still my friend after all this time and he is still an interesting character and a decent sort of person.

edit on 23-5-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

What did you learn that was useful? We're listening.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Every religion looks like a cult to me. Scientology is just a bit more straight forward about it.

At the end of the day, L. Ron Hubbard was just a mediocre science fiction writer who didn't want to pay his taxes.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by RadarOReilly
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

What did you learn that was useful? We're listening.

These were not things learned in five minutes of telling but through reading, courses, and practice. To summarize, they had to do with communications, control, self-control, and learning techniques. I have had some minor epiphanies while practicing and applying some of the concepts of creation and existence and have taken a couple of people through what could arguably be described as past-life regressions Though that could possibly be explained as imagination or by other description things came out that I was told to expect to unfold in such a manner.

There are some techniques I picked up that I have been using since the 70's for getting my universe to behave in a manner favorable for me. People who know me would largely agree I seem to lead a sort of charmed life. How ever I wish to attribute that it is hardly arguable that I am not doing something right. To be fair though, I have learned many things from many places so I am in no way suggesting any one thought-school is a be-all, end-all.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by allenidaho

The story was L Ron Hubbard, Arthur C Clarke and Ray Bradbury, would have coffee together and discus various things, Ron Hubbard said to Arthur, "It ok for you Arthur you've got a day job" Arthur C Clark told him to start a religion and he wouldn't have to pay taxes. That's exactly what he ended up doing, this was direct from Arthur C Clarke from of his interviews. So I guess it just started growing from their.

new topics

top topics

join