It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally found a place for me!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Hello, I go by Scootpooter or Scoot, whichever you like. After searching for a while, I finally found a place with people willing to engage in a civilized, open minded discussion. I have always been a curious person, but also cautious and skeptical. I'm a current undergrad physics student and am very interested in quantum mechanics, specifically the implications of Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle. I am currently an atheist, despite my 11 years of education in a private Christian school. However, through my experimentation with psychedelic substances (particularly salvia divinorum) I have expanded my mind and believe there is a possibility of a higher existence, maybe paranormal, supernatural, or otherwise. I am also a believer in Extraterrestrial Biological Entities. My interest in the subject began as a kid watching Star Trek and the X-Files. Though I am not sure what reports and claims I believe, I do find it foolish to dismiss the notion of extraterrestrials as nonsense. And, as I look back, I see my foolish self and I feel a bit ashamed. One of my favorite scientists has always been Nikola Tesla, and I'm not sure how I was perfectly fine in accepting all his research, creations and theories while scoffing at his belief in alien life and possibility of contact. And then a few years ago I learned that one of my favorite actors, David Liebe Hart, claims to have been abducted by aliens. Learning this, I began to consider that aliens could exist and have made contact with us. It's obvious e that Mr Liebe Hart is a good, honest person and he would not fabricate something like this. Especially since his life has been devoted to his experiences (and his art and acting, but besides that). Also, he's obviously not a delusional lunatic. He's a perfectly sane man. More recently, I began reading the works of Philip k Dick and done research on his life. He showed me the duality of nature and reality, and the uncertainty of knowledge. I also learned of his visions in the mid 70s, which further piques my curiosity about the nature of consciousness and other spiritual or supernatural occurrences. Anyway, I guess I've rambled enough.

The truth is out there!
Scoot

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I also said that when I came to this website

Welcome

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by scootpooter

Make yourself at home! See you after you get settled in!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Tesla rocks monkey butt!

welcome home

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I finally found a place with people willing to engage in a civilized, open minded discussion.

I think you should have lurked a bit before your intro

welcome to the nut house
only joking
edit on 23/5/2013 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Hiya Pooscooter

Sorry just couldn't help it.

Welcome to ATS and have a great time here.

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 23-5-2013 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling yet again

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Thanks everyone! Usually I would lurk but I was really excited about finding this forum.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Greetings
I enjoyed your intro. Nikola Tesla is a very fascinating man. My son tells me he wants to be a mad scientist when he grows up. I tell him go for it..being mad is more eccentric in my eyes
Plus experiments are such a fun and learning experience. Anyways.....

Have a welcome fruit cake

Enjoy your stay here and see ya around the boards.

peace and love
~nat cat~

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Hello and welcome!

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!
Hope you can find everything you're looking for and more!

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
On my first post, I receive a delicious pie and a cute squirrel drinking beer through a straw. I think I'll like it here, haha. From what I can tell, everyone here, even when having differing views, still remains respectful for the most part, which is honestly amazing. I spend most of my internet time on tumblr, and while I can experience that there, more often than not people resort to sending hateful and even threatening messages behind the cowardice of being anonymous. I'm really looking forward to spending a lot more time on here and meeting everyone

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

HI Scoot!

Welcome to ATS!!

Tesla....
What a hair raising and shocking subject!

I'm sure you will enjoy your days,nights,and spaces in between on ATS!

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I also said that when I came to this website

Welcome

new topics

top topics

join