It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Model Citizens Are Suckers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

You're looking at it from an angle of: They have it easy, so why can't I? But is that really the kind of life you want?

I don't know if it's my age or not, but I work because I don't want to stop and do nothing. Work gets me up in the morning. Work exposes me to other people and other ideas that stimulate my mind. Lazy leeches just stagnate and get dumber while clogging their brains on TV shows like The Three Stooges Marathons. Work regulates my week; without it there would be no days, just time endlessly slipping by without meaning and without personal goals. Working Monday through Friday makes the weekends special. This week is a three-day holiday weekend, with Monday PAID - Yeeha!

Work gives me a sense of accomplishment.
Work is exercise (a body in motion stays in motion - a body at rest stays at rest).

I once saw a sign that read: Unemployment is not working.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by Biigs

You're looking at it from an angle of: They have it easy, so why can't I? But is that really the kind of life you want?

Its not that i don't want to work, i want to have a family that can live comfortably and have enough of my own free time after work, to enjoy being with them.

This example case shows a happy family with plenty of time to enjoy having a family and watching it grow up with toys, games and TV etc on the side to provide entertainment. This young lady is enjoying her family and life on the very money that i have been paying for, all of my working life.

I risk being an old father with a comfortable life and few children while my time runs out with the danger of accidental death or damage to myself at anytime. The example family are having their lives provided for getting the family done first borrowing with no personal risk or future investment with skill/financial insurances while they are young fit and healthy.

What i take away from this: is not to give on on what I have done, just that i should have gambled my family on the government, raised them on the social then got a job later when my health starts to deteriorate but my kids are grown up already.

<< 1   >>

join