It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Linkin Park's Chester Bennington Replaces Scott Weiland as Stone Temple Pilots Lead Singer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Fans attending the KROQ Weenie Roast in Los Angeles at the weekend were the first to discover that Bennington is now the lead singer of the band, which was previously fronted by Scott Weiland. You can watch Bennington performing 'Dead And Bloated' from STP's debut album 'Core' below.

Source

I saw both Linkin Park and Stone Temple Pilots at the Rose Garden Arena in Portland back in 2001 or so during the Family Values Tour. Scott Weiland was extremely high on drugs at the time and got naked on stage and wrapped himself in an American Flag.
edit on 23-5-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
WOAH! Didn't see that coming!

I have always like both bands. So how is Chester going to do both bands? Linkin Park just had a new CD recently didn't they?

Is he doing both bands?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I am pretty sure he is! I didn't see that coming from a mile away!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Well that is just awesome if he is! I didnt see that coming either. I knew Stone Temple Pilots was going to be in the market for a new singer but i NEVER thought it'd be Chester!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Too bad, I really like Scotts voice...
I never really cared for LP at all...

Oh well.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
So...
STP will now have a whiny sound?
I guess all good things nust come to an end.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Originally posted by darkbake

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Is he doing both bands?

I'll be honest here, I was expecting to prove you wrong, but I apparently I can't do that.

I had read last week, that the other guys of STP were going to be at this festival, but Weiland was not, so I figured this was probably just a one time thing, but apparently they have been working on this for awhile now, yet have somehow managed to keep it quiet, which is actually quite surprising in this day and age....

The singer spoke about his decision to join the band to KROQ Radio after the show [color=C2FDFF]and confirmed they are working on new material together:

"Every band has it's own kind of vibe. Stone Temple Pilots has this sexier, more classic rock feel to it. Linkin Park is a very modern, very tech-heavy type of band. I grew up listening to these guys. When this opportunity came up, it was just like a no-brainer. [color=C2FDFF]We couldn't really plan a tour until now because we couldn't let people know what was going on. Now the cat's out of the bag so we're going to go out and make more music and go play more shows and have some fun."

www.nme.com...

eta:

edit on 5/23/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by snewpers

Originally posted by snewpers

Too bad, I really like Scotts voice...
I never really cared for LP at all...
It's not like they just up and booted Weiland out, and replaced him with Chester.

They have obviously tried to make it work numerous times over the years, but regardless of the reason, it just can't work.

I wish them the best of luck with this. I always hate seeing talented renowned musicians who then fade back into obscurity after the demise of their frontman.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

True! But Weiland has a distinct voice, IMHO,
and kinda defines STP for me. Same as he
does/did with Velvet Revolver...

We all know how well it went when Gary Cherone
tried to lead VanHalen...

Oh well, hope it works out too

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by snewpers

I'm not even sure if I like their new song or not, but did you listen to it?

There's really no good way to say this.... I wouldn't say that he Chester sounds like Scott, but the parts of the verses where Chester's singing in a lower tone definitely sound like STP.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Bennington was assassinated by unreconstructed polish communists working for the Polish foreign spy services.

top topics

join