It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Items Encased in Rock?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
While I am no expert on out of place artifacts nor writing in general,I do present these condensed tidbits from a 1982 book titled Mysteries of the Unexplained, a Reader's Digest Association publication. From The Times(London)June 22,1844 -Workers quarrying stone near the River Tweed near Rutherford,Scotland happened upon a piece of gold thread.It was 8 ft. below ground level,embedded in rock. -cont. next post

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SilverStar33

Continued in next post?

You barely said anything in the first one

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
From The Morrisonville Times June 11,1891 -Mrs. S.W. Culp of Morrisonville,Illnois was the receipent of a chain within a lump of coal that she had been breaking into pieces for her fire scuttle. From Scientific American 7:298 June 5 1852 -During blasting of solid rock at Dorchester,Massachusetts in 1851,a bell shaped vase about 4 and a half inches tall was discovered amongst the exploded rubble. -continued

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

edit on 23-5-2013 by SilverStar33 because: Double post

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
The vase was made of an unknown metal inlaid with silver.The vase was in two broken halves.The editor of Scientific American stated that the vase had been made by Tubal-Cain,the biblical father of metallurgy.In response,Charles Fort said "Though I fear that this is arbitrary,I am not disposed to fly rabidly at every scientific opinion~. These ancedotes are simply a starting point.Please feel free to post any out of place artifact info you would like.I am on an old feature phone with limited capability,please excuse that.Thanks for taking a look.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

edit on 23-5-2013 by SilverStar33 because: Double post

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Hi there.I am trying.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I remember reading about a spark plug encased in rock that someone dug up. I also read about a tile floor that was uncovered being older than possible somehow. Unfortunately I don't remember where I read about them.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilverStar33
reply to post by Akragon

Hi there.I am trying.

I know, I apologise S&F

Just gotta put a little more effort into your threads bro... at least in this particular forum...

Items Encased in Rock is intriguing... but no pictures, no links?

I have a bad habit of pouncing on threads that's don't say much... There was a thread a while back that received 80 some odd flags that was blank... :bnghd:

I think that set me off a bit...

edit on 23-5-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
My mom had the SAME book, I loved reading it, heres the book on amazon:

Book

This Readers Digest volume lists a comprehensive list of accounts of of strange, uncanny and incredible mysteries and experiences. This book includes hundreds of incidences of mysteries of the unexplained. The Biblical prophecies dealt with here, are sorted out in too little detail to do them justice.
Predictions fulfilled included here are the papal successions.
Included here is the incredible vision of Robert Nixon, a 13th century English plough-boy, who was seemingly retarded, who proved to be a 13th century visionary.
While he was plowing a field one day, he paused and looking around in a strange way, and exclaimed "Now Dick!, now Harry!, Oh ill done Dick! oh well done Harry! Harry has gained the day".
At this very moment Richard III had been killed at Bosworth Field and the victor Henry Tudor crowned as Henry VII.
The author reflects on some of the remarkable prophecies of Nostradamus which were accurately fulfilled, the technological predictions of Cyrano de Bergerac and the 17th century Scottish seer, Kenneth MacKenzie, who pronounced the doom of the aristocratic Seaforth family, who were responsible for his execution, fulfilled exactly as he foretold.
In 1969 Joseph De Louie walked into a Chicago cocktail lounge and asked to see a newspaper, wanting to read about a fatal train accident south of Chicago, the worst in the area since World War II. The crash, as he described it, occurred two hours later.
Other strange occurrences included here are records of animals trapped in stone, for thousands of years, before being released alive, and the discovery of the existence of pygmie races of people having lived in Europe thousands of years ago.

edit on 5/23/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/23/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I have that book,and if I recall it does have a great series of items trapped in rocks-I seem to remember a Pterydactl(flying dinosaur)being chiselled out of a french mine,alive for a few moments after they said.

I think its also the book which tells of how the food we call "toad in the hole" got its name-the Victorians used to find live toads in chunks of coal,and so they tried their hand at experiments-they would put a toad in a bucket,fill it with plaster of paris mix,let it set,then bury the toad in a hole for a few months/years.
The toads were often recovered alive it is said.

Hence the meal of sausages in Yorkshire pudding became known as "Toad in the hole"by the Victorians at the time,and it stuck!

Its a great book,I will have to dig it out.
Some scary stuff about spontaneous human combustion too if I recall...

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

It is a great book.My copy was water damaged and I painstakingly loosened every stuck page with a Sheffield pocket knife.At the time I got the book I was living in a very minimalistic way,so steaming it open just wasn't feasible.As it was I only lost 2 pages through that method.I am glad that you had the pleasure of reading it.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I was thrown off 3 times and had to re-log in whilst trying to get the thread up.I am incapable of pics and links due to this old phone.Like I said I was trying and I thank you for the S and F.My main objective was to get others interested in posting whatever tidbits of OOA or related.Even if it is a half remembrance.Also I expected to get flamed considering these are ancedotes.By the by,I am a sis not a bro.Lol.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Magister

The spark plug is part of a thread that helped spawn this one. -Ancient Machine in Russia-title close,might be wrong though.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Yes!There are great stories in there.I was in a weird place when I read it so it seemed even spookier.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Hey I found a pic,this is the same cover as my copy-

www.amazon.com...

Aye,its a cracking book.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

THere was a blurb about finding a network of caves somewhere in south america, the ceiling height was about 3 or 4 feet, and finding hundreds of miniature tools inside. Dwarves anyone? lol

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom.I was eleven and it opened my eyes to a world of history.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

well that was put into my thread by mistake.Geez-looking silly here.

top topics

join