It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The coming of the Internet fortold in the gospels?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

No that isn't referring to the internet at all. Its called word of mouth. Nice reach though. Are you from Sicily?

edit on 24-5-2013 by LastStarfighter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Well its secret this way:

Most people are programmed heavily to take it literally in some way, and the actual passages were written by gnostic intellectuals, high IQ, abstract thinkers, so it does tend to exclude many. And on top of this, the Church which went out of its way to entrench the fundamental interpretation, ignoring language and clues, made heretical the real Christians, the gnostics, the writers of the scriptures. And murdered many of them. This further caused ordinary folk to shut down interpretation facilities and ignore the language.

By the way, this is the history we are told. But do we really know that the events of even 100 years ago unfolded as told, or 1000? When the world around us is controlled?

So, it is "secret" and though it was written from those with compassion, those in pursuit of Wisdom AND LOVE, its been suppressed by slavers.
edit on 24-5-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
It sounds like word of mouth to me too. The problem about scripture is that it's written in such a way that many verses can apply to anything. In the near future, I'm sure others will be using those same verses for totally unrelated things and claiming divine prophecy. In my opinion, and no offense intended, but I think it's all a load of rubbish.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by Akragon

Now im not saying the end is near...
If not, then why post this thread?
You must think that it is significant somehow.
"The End" was the end of the age, and that already happened.
We are already in the new age.
edit on 22-5-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

No, the new age is yet to come. Here's how I know:

... who will not receive many times as much at this time and in the age to come, eternal life. (Luke 18:30)

The true new age is marked by "eternal life."

But those who are considered worthy to attain to that age and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage. (Luke 20:35)

The true new age is also marked by a lack of marriage, but people are still getting married and giving others in marriage.

Another relevant passage:

Now we request you, brethren, with regard to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, that you not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a spirit or a message or a letter as if from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come. Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction. (2 Thessalonians 2:1-3)

The day of the Lord has not yet come, nor the new age. Please do not be deceived.

Blessings,
Cody
edit on 24-5-2013 by DarkATi because: Fixed Quote Blocks

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
www.spiritofthescripture.com...

So many have missed the fact that this is also where the real message of the Old Testament is too. The Pharisees and others were blinded to this truth just as many today are blinded to the real purpose of the New Testament writings. Consider what Paul said:

“But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same veil untaken away in the reading of the Old Testament; which veil is done away in Christ. But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the veil is upon their heart. (2 Corinthians 3:14-15).

What veil? What does this veil do? This veil blinds people to the real purpose and intent of ANY holy writing. Namely, that the scriptures were written to teach us about the Christ nature within each person, not to develop doctrine from!

Paul also states:

“For so much as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart

This gives us a really big clue on how to read scriptures to begin with. Its all concerning process within.

Again emphasis on the last part:

Paul also states:

“For so much as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart. And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward: Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think anything as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.”

With the right insight as to what it really meant, funny how quickly meaning comes clear in some passages.

Or here:

Esoterically, this body is the temple described in 1 Kings 6:7. In that scripture, Solomon builds a house for the Lord:

“…there was neither hammer nor axe nor any tool of iron heard in the house, while it was in building.”

The reason there was no hammer, axe, or tools heard in the construction of this house is because the house wasn’t a literal house; it always has been and always will be the human body!

Paul makes this clear in 1 Corinthians 3:16:

“Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and the spirit of God dwelleth in you?”

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkATi

No, the new age is yet to come. Here's how I know:

... who will not receive many times as much at this time and in the age to come, eternal life. (Luke 18:30)

The true new age is marked by "eternal life.
The word here in the Greek used is, aión, which can mean a lifetime, and is a different word than the one used elsewhere to describe the ages, which is aeon.

The day of the Lord has not yet come, nor the new age. Please do not be deceived.
Which comes from 2 Thess., which is a forgery, written long after the first letter to the Thessalonians was written, which is probably the earliest existing letter of Paul.
2 Thess. may have been written after the events surrounding the destruction of the Jerusalem temple.
People would have seen that as the fulfilment of the expected Parousia, and so the writer of this "letter" uses a pretense to explain why he is writing this, in order to put in a message in support of his won position, which is there is still more excitement in the offing.
All of the "don't be deceived" business is a typical ploy used by forgers back them to shift suspicion away from what they are writing themselves.
edit on 24-5-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
This is like WOW, and of course the right hemisphere leads the way.

Continuing on with the Temple or Tabernacle is ourselves.

Before I read Bill’s material, I knew that the third ventricle of the brain was unique in that it held a mysterious process whereby higher consciousness was reached. Once can’t help but to realize this through the Eye of Horus. But Bill unveils the Biblical passage that shows without a doubt that the third ventricle of the brain is the holy of holies in all the Biblical temples. Let’s look at a scripture to illuminate this mystery.

Holman The Holy of Holies 300x225 Christ Consciousness for the Christian“The door for the middle chamber was in the right side of the house: and they went up with winding stairs into the middle chamber, and out of the middle into the third” (1 Kings 6:8).

As Bill states, “The door references the right hemisphere of the brain. The winding stairs the serpentine DNA motion up the spine and the third speaks of the third ventricle of the brain.”

I really can't see the internet being referenced in the bible, for its an inner journey that got hijacked and turned into religion, the opposite really.

Familiar?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I think Argon is saying that the End Times Prophecy could not materialize without the advent of today's technology . The Internet and Satellite Television provide for number 1 , the Internet is the only thing in history that could facilitate the Mark of the Beast system where by each individuals ability to buy , sell or trade is controlled . Number 2 , Satellite relay of Television News will facilitate real time news reporting as reported in Revelations where the whole earth will see the Two Witnesses killed and their bodies laying in the street .
This could not happen with out the technology of today . I challenge anyone to first read those 2 prophecies and explain them to occur world wide . Israel is not the world .
Also in Zechariah , talking about technology that would facilitate the prophecy of chapter 14 verse 12 is an atomic bomb. The description of the plague poured out against all who came against Israel displays the same effects as the A-bombing of Hiroshima . A regular bomb would blow the whole body apart . But an Atomic bomb would flash or vaporize the flesh from the skeleton as per the bombing of Japan .

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiritualjoy

Please spell the name right..

I wasn't actually saying that.... I don't believe in the whole "end times" theory...

Welcome to the forum though...

Have some fun eh

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

More and more you will believe it . The Mark of the Beast is looking us square in the kisser right now . The world famine , pestilence and disease is working it's way to us now . GMO foods and the clinically engineered ( next pandemic ) is on it's way . They are working hard right now to control population . Agenda 21 and the NWO is working in your state to bring you into a one world government and money as in Revelations .
As per the Bible the two witnesses are two people taken from this earth over 2 thousand years ago . One is named , Elijah and the other man who has never died is Enoch . Keeping with Gods word these two men will die in the streets of Jerusalem . Every man shall die the first death .

The post under the name of Spiritual Joy was made by me . I mistakenly hit her drop down tab at log on . Sorry about your name being misspelled .
edit on 24-5-2013 by SimonPeter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

We don't have states in Canada... But you believe whatever you wish...

I don't believe it... but that belief can change

Thanks for your reply though

edit on 24-5-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Well I always wanted to go to Canada or at least through and to Alaska . Canada is further advanced into the Agenda 21 / UN system I do believe .I'll bet you could easily find the workings of ICLEI in your province and local governments as well .
I believe we are going to see a vast change in the way the world wide web is used . People will loose access to the Net for such as we are doing right now . I see where you will have to be authorized to use the internet and any violations ( posting controversial / anti government materials) would disqualify you as a user of the Net . After all they have to control the unedited Internet news that might tell the truth .

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

What are you talking about? The mark isn't instituted until the midpoint on Daniel's 70th week.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by Akragon

Well I always wanted to go to Canada or at least through and to Alaska . Canada is further advanced into the Agenda 21 / UN system I do believe .I'll bet you could easily find the workings of ICLEI in your province and local governments as well .
I believe we are going to see a vast change in the way the world wide web is used . People will loose access to the Net for such as we are doing right now . I see where you will have to be authorized to use the internet and any violations ( posting controversial / anti government materials) would disqualify you as a user of the Net . After all they have to control the unedited Internet news that might tell the truth .

Ye know.. I agree there is definitely a push for a one world government in the world... but theres no way to stop it... but that doesn't mean its a preeminent sign that some 'anti-Christ is about to arrive...

The world is full of Anti-christs... I have issues believe there will be one that stands out from the crowd that exists already... This isn't "end times" my friend... End times is when the sun goes dark...

Or when the son goes dark... if you know what I mean

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

End times is when the sun goes dark...

Or when the son goes dark... if you know what I mean

I'm feeling a bit like an end time of something.

I poured my soul into that one thread, then it was right back to Jewish myths and superstition. .

Maybe I'll quit trying to fix Christianity.
edit on 24-5-2013 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Well you know there are ways that the sun and moon can go dark as it were . The Millennial reign has to come about after the Coming Of Christ . We are at least 1007 years from the end of the world . That would be when the Son goes out off the earth for the final time , before the battle of Rev 20 verse 8 which occurs after the Millennial reign. . But the more immediate sun darkening cataclysmic event Matthew 4 verse 29 of the sun becoming black as sack cloth and the moon as blood Rev 6 verse 12 , a Yellowstone event could do just that and a great earthquake comes just before that event per the bible . The stars of the heaven would seem to roll up as a scroll Rev 6 verse 14 as the ash clouds spread all over the earth .
Isaiah 24 talks about the earth being turned upside down and reel to and fro like a drunkard ... and at the end of the chapter the moon shall be confounded and the sun ashamed . Looks like it all ties together .

As for the AC . He will be Jewish . Even the supposedly fraudulent Protocols of Zion which is a plan for world domination by the Jews explain that their King will be a Jew .He will by circumstance be the AC . The Bible also implies the AC will be a Jew . With that said Obamas mother looked Middle Easterner and with some of his party portraying him as the messiah literally , he drew a lot of attention . Then 78 % of the Jews supported him .

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Matthew 24:14 is too vague to say it was a prophecy of a specific thing like internet. However up until the 1800's technology was retarded, using only horseback to communicate. The invention of the telegraph began to change things at an exponential rate. In order for all the world to see the Glory of the Lord coming to the Mt. of Olives, it would require massive communications technologies for something like this to be made possible. You can't get internet all over the world, but you can get satellite feed all over the world,

Ofcourse this takes a huge amount of assumption in claiming that matthew 24:14 is talking about the world as we know it, versus the "world" as it was 2000 years ago and in regards to that, all you can do is speculate. It could be that "the world" could just be a localized event in the region of the middle east and mediteranean as that is the geographical location of the "old world" known to the ancients.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

We are at least 1007 years from the end of the world .
At what place in the Bible do you see "the end of the world" described?
In what part of the Bible, other than in Revelation, do you see "the Millennial reign" being described?
Where do you see in the Bible it describing "when the Son goes out off the earth for the final time"?
Where is there in the Bible an "AC" described or even named?
My guess is that you have no answers to any of these questions but just parrot talking points that you pick up at your cult meetings.
If you actually had an answer to any of these questions, I would be happy to discuss them with you, seeing how you are so concerned about what you believe to be future prophesied events.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jm dewey 60

Sure I'll get to those answers although you will dis allow each of the Books of the bible that confounds you . I can not make up my mind about you friend . I would have to place you as a cross between a Jehovah's Witness and a Preterits except that you would not confess Jesus Christ and the biblical account of his life . I think you have been searching for a more exacting account of the bible and read so many opinions and have formed your own biblical account based on skewed data mixed with your personal fears . Kinda nauseating isn't it . Seems so to me .
Sometime this weekend or next week I will try to answer those questions , but I would like for you to answer my questions too!

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

OK, so just off the top of your head, you can't think of any actual Bible verses to back your eschatology?
Preterism is what was understood by the original writers of the New Testament, meaning while there were actual living Apostles.
What you are promoting was an eschatology invented 200 years ago specifically to come up with something to get Christians to support a modern Israel.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join