It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was moved by an instance of masonic charity and wanted to share it

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
That was a great story....too bad it had to end up being an attack on Freemasonry..

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by solve
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

turns out they are mindless people, at least the blue lodges

Finnish Freemasonry does not have the "blue lodge" concept as worked outside Scandinavia.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OnTheLevel213

There are 171 blue lodges in finland, under the grand lodge so s it

v and om is the same thing
edit on 23-5-2013 by solve because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-5-2013 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by solve

You don't need to be of any special status to join. You just have to not be a criminal, be a man, and not be a dick.
Nobody asks how much you make, only that you have enough to pay your initiation dues. Yearly costs are usually less than $100.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by solve

The Swedish Rite has St. John's lodges, not blue lodges, and they operate under the same framework as their appendant bodies.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

guess somebody should mention this to the lodges here, cause they are calling it the blue lodge..
is the grand atheist lodge under the same set of rites?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by solve

is the grand atheist lodge under the same set of rites?

No. That's probably the difference.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by solve

Since no man can become a Mason as an atheist, that lodge must be a clandestine one. I am sure there are those that have lied to enter but their obligation means nothing with out it.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by thelongjourney

You can give as much money as you want to "charity" but what the charity does with that money is completely out of your hands. If you want to help someone, do it directly. For instance, the Rockafeller foundation is involved in a lot of different things but it always applies to their agenda (education,welfare, etc...) They donate money to the research of the brain, and through that research they learn how to indoctrinate children more efficiently in schools. See how that works? Also, these blue degree freemasons are deceived and so are their leaders. This is why its a pyramid, the bulk of masons are at the bottom and support the entire structure so that the individuals with the true knowledge can stay afloat. The information is out there....research William Milton Cooper, Albert Pike, Helena Petrova Blavatsky, Alice Bailey, etc....

"There are comments on the World Wide Web claiming that the Lucis Trust was once called the Lucifer Trust. Such was never the case. However, for a brief period of two or three years in the early 1920’s, when Alice and Foster Bailey were beginning to publish the books published under her name, they named their fledgling publishing company “Lucifer Publishing Company”. By 1925 the name was changed to Lucis Publishing Company and has remained so ever since.Both “Lucifer” and “Lucis” come from the same word root, lucis being the Latin generative case meaning of light. The Baileys' reasons for choosing the original name are not known to us, but we can only surmise that they, like the great teacher H.P. Blavatsky, for whom they had enormous respect, sought to elicit a deeper understanding of the sacrifice made by Lucifer. Alice and Foster Bailey were serious students and teachers of Theosophy, a spiritual tradition which views Lucifer as one of the solar Angels, those advanced Beings Who Theosophy says descended (thus “the fall”) from Venus to our planet eons ago to bring the principle of mind to what was then animal-man. In the theosophical perspective, the descent of these solar Angels was not a fall into sin or disgrace but rather an act of great sacrifice, as is suggested in the name “Lucifer” which means light-bearer. "

They are taking up for Satan, the being who deceived man into accepting the knowledge of good and evil. We had it perfect in the beginning and this being who Lucis Trust believes made a great sacrifice for man is deceiving everyone thus it is why it is called the Great Deception. Oh lord, the "great teacher" HP Blavatsky has some quotes of her own...

Please notice that Helena Petrovna Blavatsky founded the Theosophical Society in 1875. Her most popular work was a two-volume book she wrote titled 'The Secret Doctrine,' in which she woefully states...

"Lucifer represents.. Life.. Thought.. Progress.. Civilization.. Liberty.. Independence.. Lucifer is the Logos.. the Serpent, the Savior." pages 171, 225, 255 (Volume II)

"It is Satan who is the God of our planet and the only God." pages 215, 216, 220, 245, 255, 533, (VI)

"The Celestial Virgin which thus becomes the Mother of Gods and Devils at one and the same time; for she is the ever-loving beneficent Deity...but in antiquity and reality Lucifer or Luciferius is the name. Lucifer is divine and terrestrial Light, 'the Holy Ghost' and 'Satan' at one and the same time." page 539

Ok im done because I am trailing off. In a nutshell, charity is good, but only from your OWN hands which 90% of the time doesnt require money.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1337s0lja
If you want to help someone, do it directly.

You mean like the guy described in the Original Post?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 1337s0lja

Actually our Masonic charities keep good records and we do know where the money goes. Freemasonry is not so compartmentalized as you think or assume. Charity can be direct help...charity is not necessarily just a philanthropic enterprise, but at its core is "love in action."

Also, these blue degree freemasons are deceived and so are their leaders.

No, you are the one who is deceived. We choose our leaders and they are beholden onto us, the members, and bound by the laws passed by us as well.

This is why its a pyramid, the bulk of masons are at the bottom and support the entire structure so that the individuals with the true knowledge can stay afloat.

The structure is not some simple pyramid structure. Freemasonry is far too decentralized with a host of variables that would prevent some "puppet masters" secretly controlling Freemasonry.

They are taking up for Satan, the being who deceived man into accepting the knowledge of good and evil.

Not Freemasonry.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

Most of the classic literature and music is written and composed by Freemasons.

Reserach it; Burns, Mozart, Shakespeare, Bob Dylan.

Such men chose this as their path to enlightenment. Bob Dylan has never compromised his faith. It is his birthday today! Happy birthday Bob Dylan Grand Master!
edit on 23-5-2013 by Revolution9 because: spelling.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

There is a big Masonic Monument in Eilat, Israel looking toward the Red Sea. Masonry delivered Israel back into Israeli hands. Love em or hate em. I love em for many good reasons.

They are a civilized Brotherhood and have every right to practice in the free world.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

You seem to have misunderstood what I said or I didn't make myself clear!

I meant exactly that, that the masons do good without thought of reward!

"How do you garner points with the public if everything you do is done anonymously? Yeah that's right, that's why they have such a great public image because they don't broadcast what they do to the world!"

I am saying that the masons do things anonymously and therefore they do NOT expect to garner points with the general public!

Sorry if I was unclear!
edit on 24/5/13 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

allright!

if the good deeds are done "anonymous"

then why do i know about them?
and rest of the world?
---burned---

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by solve

Maybe because people who have been on the receiving end of such charity/good deeds, such as myself, are prepared to come forward and thank or stand up for their benefactors knowing full well that there will be some on ATS who are so embittered by the fact that they were unsuccessful in their attempt to join the Masons that they take it upon themselves to slander the Masons!

I don't burn that easily!

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I know masons and have never had any doubts they are all in some controlling secret society pulling the puppets strings.

They are nice people who do nice things for the right reasons, kinda of like rotary only draped in history and tradition.

Great story and there are many many more that you will never hear.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by solve

Not that it matters, but for every 1 story you hear about, there are thousands more that you will never hear about. It's something you could not understand without being a part of the whole thing.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
One instance is mewanting to sit at a banquent to put forth my faults and accomplishments in order to allow a master to determine if I am worthy to love the daughter of a master deceased. I would've asked for permission because she was in need.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join