It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family Guy Episode Weirdness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Hey everyone I was just watching videos on a site that I like to frequent and came across this bizarre clip. It's taken from the Family Guy season finale which aired the first day of the recent tornadoes.. Say what you will about media and predicting odd events, but this is just downright insane.

www.break.com...

There's a link to the vid.. so what do you guys think??

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ketzer22
Hey everyone I was just watching videos on a site that I like to frequent and came across this bizarre clip. It's taken from the Family Guy season finale which aired the first day of the recent tornadoes.. Say what you will about media and predicting odd events, but this is just downright insane.

www.break.com...

There's a link to the vid.. so what do you guys think??

Just as it said '' Worst timing ever '' nothing more then that.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Ketzer22

I think this is just bad taste and bad timing. Family Guy and American Dad can be pretty close to offensive at times.
I've never went for the idea that TV shows predict the future.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Yea, I guess you could see the fact that people generally know when tornado season is and if you made a joke about it during that time it would appear to be more than just a coincidence. But the question I ask is when does something become more than coincidence?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ketzer22
But the question I ask is when does something become more than coincidence?

When writers for the show realize that they are on the radar of all these silly people looking for "signs."

Then, they put anything and everything into their shows and take into account things that could happen based on regular seasonal patterns or logical connections. They realize something is bound to hit the mark sometime.

Then, they watch the boost in rating and free publicity...and laugh their way to the bank.

edit on 2013.5.22 by TravisBickle451 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Yeah, crazy, they predicted a tornado in tornado alley during tornado season. Watch out, next they are going to predict a dog taking a dump in a dog park.

Spooky.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

www.southparkstudios.com...

this says it all for me dont like FG never have.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

You did catch the episode turban cowboy right...

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TravisBickle451

wat about turban cowboy.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by coolcatt

But...but...stew...stewie?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I'm kinda speechless about this one.

On one hand, tornadoes happen in the midwest around this time of year every year, and more often than not at least one is going to devastate a community/city, so that works my mind towards the unfortunate coincident side of the story.

But, couple this with the Turban Cowboy/Boston Bombing evidence, and it becomes suspicious.

IDK...am I allowed to say that? lol

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
To be honest it's common to hear about bad tornadoes in the Midwest. Like hurricanes in or near Florida. It's more common sense.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
watch the comedy roast of charlie sheen.. listen to what sheen says of seth macfarlane..

who saw seth hosting the oscars?

..what kind of morals does this guy seem to have?

..we're dealing with a guy who thinks it's funny to make fun of what brings grief to "normal" people.

family guy is also replete with racism. ditto cleveland show. ditto american dad.

i lost interest in these shows long ago.. negative influences are like "a turd in the punchbowl" (to quote alex jones) ..will you drink, or just throw it away?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolcatt

www.southparkstudios.com...

this says it all for me dont like FG never have.

Because south park is so much more... there, I just momentarily lost over 130 IQ points by watching those 2 minutes of a south park episode and now I cant form a full sentence.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
He wants to watch "poor people scramble to save what little they have".

He says that and millions tune in to watch the damage for days on end.

What a coincidence.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

He wants to watch "poor people scramble to save what little they have".

He says that and millions tune in to watch the damage for days on end.

What a coincidence.

Which pretty much shows that the "family guy" is pretty much spot on as "the average american"... what did the average american did after? well... actually the average american did tune in to "watch poor people scramble to save what little they have".

Not that is pretty... but its true.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dutcheagle
Just as it said '' Worst timing ever '' nothing more then that.

Yeah, just bad timing. That's totally all it is. Kind of like this one that was aired before the Boston bombing happened...

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Oh i thought you were talking about the really really wierd # they show on that cartoon

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
i say "not coincidence". there was also the episode which showed Peter driving over Boston Marathon runners at the finish line and later detonating two bombs by cell phone. once again: NOT COINCIDENCE

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Here's another one for ya. It even has actual moving pictures of a cartoontornado and it is only two episodes earlier. Wait.. wait.. where there not two tornado events recently?

Damn, they're good!

new topics

top topics

join