It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Editor of The Progressive Calls for Eric Holder to Resign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Editor of The Progressive Calls for Eric Holder to Resign over Spying on Press, Occupy Protesters

As the Obama administration faces criticism for the Justice Department’s spying on journalists and the IRS targeting of right-wing organizations, newly released documents show how the FBI, the Department of Homeland Security and local police forces partnered with corporations to spy on Occupy protesters in 2011 and 2012. Detailed in thousands of pages of records from counter terrorism and law enforcement agencies, the spying monitored the activists’ online usage and led to infiltration of their meetings. One document shows an undercover officer was dispatched in Arizona to infiltrate activists organizing protests around the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC), the secretive group that helps corporate America propose and draft legislation for states across the country. We’re joined by Matt Rothschild of The Progressive, who tackles the surveillance in his latest article, "Spying on Occupy Activists: How Cops and Homeland Security Help Wall Street."

Video at link (Democracy Now!)

The main issue here is the issue with investigating and now charging of at least one reporter with espionage (I haven't looked much into that particular incident personally). This is one the questions that lawyers for the Obama administration could not answer when Chris Hedges, Noam Chomsky et al. sued the administration over the NDAA. The question was asked can journalists in the course of their investigations be subject to the provisions of the NDAA in which they are considered belligerent or consorting with the enemy? The question could not be answered.

Naomi Wolf says that one of the signs you are living in a closed society is a silenced press. I couldn't agree more. While true that most MSM is corporate owned, and follows a tone in which their masters set... there are plenty of non-corporate owned media outlets, who deserve our support.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Resignation is not enough. Eric Holder belongs in prison. From the IRS scandal, to gun running to Mexican cartels, refusing to prosecute banks laundering the money for those cartels. The dude is a lying, gangster, mafia criminal.

How many times can you count Eric Holder saying I don't know? The lies are so in your face it's ridiculous.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

He should be fired, then tried, and when found guilty, waterboarded until he gives up his conspirators, then hung by the tallest tree in D.C.
We have been at war, and treason in time of war is serious biz.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Maybe he should arrest himself while he's at it. Just sayin'.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I hope he does, but not holding my breath.

Holder is a crook make no mistake should have been gone after Fast and Furious.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
But he would never think of calling for Holder's boss to resign. The AG didn't do anything Obama didn't know about. In any chain of command, the commander is ultimately responsible for the conduct of his subordinates--even if Obama was in the dark about it, which would show that he doesn't have a handle on his administration...

...which is why the editor won't call for Obama's resignation, which is what he really should be doing. I guess he's trying to maintain some veneer of credibility without tarnishing the image of the man responsible, therefore hurting "the cause".

Just my impression...

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Eric Holder and Hillary Clinton are a thorn to Obama's administration but no guts equals no glory. These two folks are going to sink the democrat party into the abyss and it might be another 8 years(at least) till they come back out.

A leader leads by example. Obama is not even a good follower!

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
All these calls for Holder's resignation are hallow at best we all know the administration won't let him go.I expect all of this to go away by at least mid-summer.It will be swept under the rug in return for some concessions from The President.The game continues.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Holder will investigate himself and burn all the evidence. Meanwhile the MSM will be broadcasting something to distract the masses until the smoke clears and the masses forget about the scandals.

If Holder is removed from his position, Obama is next. Unless Obama is the one to fire Holder but we all know that won't happen.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
The Attorney General of the United Sttes should be doing the JOB needing to be done...

which should include getting Eric Holder out of office.... Busting the Fed, Treasury, and the cartel of TBTF banks & their CEOs (& all Board members) of committing financial terrorism upon the Main-Street Population of the USA

well... at least that will be a start to begin the Fumigation of the parasitic-blood-sucking fraudsters which have collectivly seized the Nation from the Rule-Of-Law and corrupted government into a fascist-Corporatism state of tyranny
edit on 26-5-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
At the very least he is obstructing justice and at most he is involved in racketeering.

Too bad this fraudulent government and its citizens only knows arresting pot smokers and 7-11 armed robberies.

We need more detention facilities and less maximum security. I guess capitalism does not allow for proper investigation of white collar crime. Enron must have been a fluke.

We don't need more laws, we need better enforcement!

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
OK lets us say he gets canned and arrested. By the time all the legal arguments are settled, it will be 2016 and a new president is voted in. The present POTUS as he leaves the keys to the White House grants a pardon to all his loyal troops who fell on their occupational sword for him. If they can drag this out long enough no jail time for anyone...Just something to consider.....

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Holder won't step down, and he'll be protected from prosecution by the Obama Administration.

/TOA

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Reading through these posts one can't help but realize how utterly misguided and naive you all are (for me naive is a euphemism for stupid). The office of Attorney General of the United States was designed from it very inception to protect the criminal behavior of the presidency. Its a sham now and it always has been and will remain so - even when RFK held the job.

Now - you people here in this thread (I am positive @ least 90%) who elected BHO also (by extension) voted Holder into office twice, even though you knew what a scumbag criminal he was/is. AND I believe that if you had the chance to vote a Marxist communist regime into office again you would do it.

I laugh now at the manner of your crying and bellowing - you will suffer with it for just a little while longer until we are able to sweep the Senate (and re-take the House) with right thinking, loyal, and patriotic constitutionally minded Tea Party candidates, and to elect another conservative REPUBLICAN administration which will most likely be in power for at last the next four election cycles.

edit on 27-5-2013 by CasaVigilante because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CasaVigilante

The republicans have been taken over by neocons. God help the USA if we get another neocon president like george bush jr and a neocon vp like dick cheney. I don't think america will have any chance of recovery at all and will fall into complete chaos and anarchy.

You are making a mistake if you consider most republicans as tea party! The republicans sabotaged the ron paul campaign. Do you have a short memory or what? And Rand Paul is a corporate shill, flip flopping sell out. He voted against GMO labeling, he is for drones in america, he sold out his father. He is a snake that can't even hide himself properly.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

You spoke ill of Rand Paul and his father. But I will come to their defense and say that Rand Paul and his father are exemplary examples of good and hard working, right thinking, patriotic, and moral politicians. For a clue into Rand's recent position on the criminal gang running the country see this ---->

First few paragraphs

Rand Paul: Obama Losing Moral Authority To Lead

Kentucky Senator Rand Paul did not let up over the weekend in his public vilification of the Obama administration with regards to inaction over the scandals the president is facing.

Appearing on ABC’s This Week, Paul asserted that if Obama continues to skirt around the edges of the issues without taking any decisive action, he will lose any moral authority that he still has left as a leader.

“I don’t know whether people were targeted for conservative religious values or just conservative political values and sometimes there’s an overlap,” Paul said.

“I think we have to get to the bottom of this. I think the constellation of these three scandals ongoing really takes away from the president’s moral authority to lead the nation.”

“Nobody questions his legal authority, but I think he’s really losing the moral authority to lead this nation. And he really needs to put a stop to this. I don’t care whether you’re a Republican or Democrat, nobody likes to see the opposite party punishing you for your political beliefs.” the Senator added.

“The main woman from the IRS that’s involved has taken the Fifth Amendment,” Paul said.

edit on 27-5-2013 by CasaVigilante because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CasaVigilante

Yes I was a bit rude but I was only critical of Rand Paul and NOT his father. Rand Paul deserves the criticism and you choose to deflect rather than refute my accusations. I still hold a little hope for Rand Paul and time will tell if he delivers.

Too bad you got banned and are unable to respond!

top topics

join