It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Urgent* - 'Mysterious Respiratory illness' in the United States

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+42 more 
posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

*URGENT* - 'MYSTERIOUS RESPIRATORY ILLNESS' IN THE UNITED STATES; 2ND REPORTED CLUSTER IN THE PAST FEW MONTHS.

I have been monitoring this situation very closely; ever since hearing of a mysterious illness in Texas, that claimed the life of 2 teenagers, leaving another one in critical condition.

Mystery illness claims the life of 2 area teens, a third is critical

The 3rd victim, who is in critical condition, is not named.
However, after digging around a bit - I was able to find it.

main.montgomerycountypolicereporter.com...

-----

After starting my own research into the case above, and becoming increasingly aware of the new NCoV Coronavirus (MERS) possibly already having arrived in the U.S.. I was informed last night, of yet another cluster of people, sickened again by a 'mysterious respiratory illness.'
(I would like to thank ATS member 'topdog81' for notifying me of the story below.)

Mysterious respiratory illness strikes 7 in Alabama; 2 dead

Very serious problem here folks. I'm a little anxious to get the word out - so I will post more information as time goes on. The article above, goes as far as to mention the MERS virus - but continues, saying there is no evidence of a link to the Middle-East. - (there might be more at work here.) One sample tested in Alabama, came back as positive for 'Influenza A.' - The W.H.O.(World Health Organization) claims that in some cases, co-infection of Novel Coronavirus has been seen with Influenza A.
www.who.int...

More information to come.

Here are some links, to get you familiarized with the new SARS-like (NCoV/MERS) virus:

(Google Search) SARS like NCoV Coronavirus

edit on 23-5-2013 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps title

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Scary stuff - I wonder when they released this one!

You're on to it -

S&F
edit on 22-5-2013 by quedup because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Just found this- connected to military movement in and out of Middle East?

I've seen one speculation, on a site of doubtful credibility, that the outbreak could be connected to nearby Fort Rucker, which presumably sees some traffic to and from various Middle East countries. But so do many other US military bases, so why would southeast Alabama be the only region to see an outbreak of undiagnosed respiratory disease?

Doesn't mention what the site of doubtful credibility is, but maybe they're on to something. As far as other bases, it's just the beginning stage in the spread of the disease - has to start somewhere. And it is in Texas now too.

crofsblogs.typepad.com...
edit on 22-5-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
More information about the Victims in Texas.
(I will follow up on the Alabama case accordingly)

Tyler Lane Budro (17) - (Liberty Country) TX

On February 19, 2013 Tyler Budro (Craigan) of Daisetta in nearby Liberty County picked her son Tyler from school after the nurse called advising Tyler had a fever and thinking it could have been Mono.

The next day the fever continued to rise and Tyler’s family took him to the doctor at which point he tested positive for Mono.

On Thursday, February 21st they took him to another clinic as he hadn’t improved. ‘ On Friday February 22, Tyler’s father came home in the afternoon to find him on the floor in seizures. He immediately put him in his vehicle and started for Baptist Hospital in Beaumont again. Halfway there he was met by an ambulance as the seizures hadn’t stopped. That was the last time Tyler was conscious.

Once there he was admitted and then sent to Hermann Hospital in Houston.

Doctors were baffled by his condition \mono is not known to attack the brain as in Tyler’s case. . He once again tested positive for Mono but the symptoms were not that of Mono as . The seizures did slow after heavy medication. The swelling of the brain did not slow. Doctors had to remove more of the skull than they would a trauma patient to ease the pressure of the swelling brain.

Tyler was a football player and sportsman. In November on a hunting trip he shot a pig and then found a small one and brought it home, making a pen for it. Doctors even looked at that as a source but still nothing. Cat Scratch Fever and negative results.

Tyler passed away March 10th on the sixteenth day. Every day since then Tyler’s mother Janie has called the Harris County Medical Examiners Office for autopsy results and is told some of the tests could take months and nothing is back yet. She said she needed closure to know what caused her sons death.
Source

Katie Rios (17) - (Montgomery County) TX
www.teamkatie6.com

Katie's Story: One week ago, on 4/11/13, a beautiful healthy 17 year old girl came down with symptoms of the flu. She had fever, body aches, malaise and it stood to reason that Katie had the flu as there was a known diagnosis of the flu in the immediate family just a few days earlier. She seemed to be improving by the 2nd day and was out and about being a normal teenage girl but that 3rd day she woke up again with the same symptoms. She took her daughter to the doctor where she was diagnosed with the flu/strep and was told she was a bit dehydrated and might want to consider going to the ER for IV fluids if she didn't feel Katie would be able to keep herself hydrated enough while fighting strep/flu. Her mom took one look at her and said might is not an option. Every mother knows when their child isn't their usual self and she took her straight to the ER. What happened in the next few hours is every parents worse nightmare.

In the ER, her fever had finally gone down after receiving fluids and her vital signs were holding steady but a few of her lab values were off so they admitted her for observation and to rehydrate her. She was not on the pediatric floor for very long before she began to have new onset seizures without fever. She was quickly transferred to Texas Children's Hospital. On arrival to TCH, she began to seize uncontrollably and was put on a ventilator. Her seizures became longer and more extensive and after exhausting all efforts to control the seizures, the doctors had no choice but to medically induce a coma. Testing revealed swelling in her brain and pneumonia. The doctors are leaving no stone unturned because they want to know more than ever how this perfectly healthy girl went from having the flu to being on life support in a matter of days. They are running every test possible but still no answers. She is on so many medications to keep her stable that her organs are starting to fail in the process. Hope is not lost though and the doctors are not giving up.
Katie Rios died on April 29th, 2013

(Continued Below)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup

You're on to it -

S&F

Obama needed yet more of a smoke screen to divert from IRS, Benghazi, Fast n Furious, AP, Foxnews, and every other scandal he has going on right now.

Obama: "Hey, CDC? Need your help."
CDC: "Yes Mr. President"

+4 more 
posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Interested to know vaccine history of victims...

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
B.J. Crawford - (Montgomery County) TX

A little over a month ago B.J Crawford, a New Caney High School student began feeling sick. For almost a week it persisted, vomiting and diarrhea and fever. He finally told his father about it and was taken to the doctor.

Then on the same day Katie got sick B.J. Crawford was taken from class by MCHD after his fever spiked and his blood pressure dropped. He was transported to Kingwood Hospital and within hours was transferred to Texas Children’s. His symptom’s closely resemble the other cases except for the fact he has not had any seizures. He was friends with Katie Rios.

He has not been placed into a medically induced coma but doctors are wanting to biopsy his lungs. However he is to medically fragile for this procedure. They do know there is a major infection in his lungs. He is very week and on dialysis.

Yesterday his mother Kim Cutler tried to communicate with him but as much as he tried he was unable to speak. Only mumbling which then affected his breathing. He pointed to his cell phone and after his mother handed it to him he attempted to text her a message but his fingers were too weak. He then took a picture pad and pointed to a heart as a tear rolled out of his eye. When Kim asked if he was trying to tell her he loved her, he nodded yes.

Today his lungs have totally given out and he is now on life support. Several different types of doctors from all over are meeting to discuss the possibility of doing a bone marrow test…the risk with the low platelets vs. the benefits of maybe an answer. They are looking for HLH a blood disease type of leukemia and starting him on chemo…but due to weakness that has been ruled out. His blood count is currently at 34 which on a normal person is 250.
Source

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
After reading many 'End of The World' type books, this scares me. It always starts with a few mysterious cases, then spreads from there. Read 'The Stand', by Stephen King. One day, something is going to get loose we can't control.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
In some cases, Coronaviruses in humans can cause Encephalitis (swelling of the brain).
cdn.intechopen.com...

NCoV/MERS is known to cause severe pneumonia - which can be linked to these cases.
It also causes acute respiratory distress syndrome requiring mechanical ventilation, muti-organ failure, and renal failure requiring dialysis. (based on already confirmed cases.)

Complications of their clinical course have included severe pneumonia and acute respiratory distress syndrome requiring mechanical ventilation , multi - organ failure, renal failure requiring dialysis , consumptive coagulopathy and pericarditis.
Sourc e

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

You're on to it -

S&F

Obama needed yet more of a smoke screen to divert from IRS, Benghazi, Fast n Furious, AP, Foxnews, and every other scandal he has going on right now.

Did Obama cause the tornado in OK as well?? It seems that he is the perfect scapegoat for everything bad that happens in America.

He can't escape the scandals surrounding him.
edit on 22-5-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Posting to subscribe to this thread, will have to see if this continues to spread and they more information (such as a mortality rate and how well this reacts with treatment)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

This isn't meant to scare anyone - I am not a doctor, and cannot diagnose Coronavirus'.

It is very unsettling, but I think it's is important to raise awareness. Especially with all the recent news about NCoV around the world.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

You're on to it -

S&F

I'm seriously hoping you were trying for dark humor.
Next someone is going to blame the Sun's amazing CME today as another 'distraction' to protect the President from GOP fantasy playtime.

M.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
A couple of links i dug up. The second link is interesting.www.shtfplan.... com/headline-news/report-intelligence-says-there-will-be-an-attack-on-american-soil_04082013outbreaks.globalincidentmap.com...

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
OK, I'm a little freaked out to be honest. I usually ignore these virus scare things, but...my gram came down with something two days ago that's gotten progressively worse. She's coughing and hacking and has had to have her oxygen on for days. Where usually it's a very sporadic thing. She's got these sores on her lips and her right arm is swollen. My uncle took her to the walk in clinic and she said they couldn't figure out what was causing it.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

That's an interesting theory.

The NCoV virus is thought to have originated in Saudi Arabia. One link I was able to find, connecting Texas to the Middle East - is an Oil Refinery in Port Arthur.

Texas Refinery Is Saudi Foothold in the U.S.

The Motiva refinery in Port Arthur, Tex. Owned by Saudi Aramco and Shell, it is the largest in the United States.
www.nytimes.com...

(just saying)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Y'all best get started looking for the liposomal vitamin C thread, that stuff for real is a virus killer!

It's supposed to be more available then IV vitamin C, it works, very well.
Mega Dose Vitamin C for the win!

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
Posting to subscribe to this thread, will have to see if this continues to spread and they more information (such as a mortality rate and how well this reacts with treatment)

Doing the same.

Have nothing to add at this point other than to watch.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Staying in Texas:

Mystery Illness Plagues Texas Animal Shelter

'Mystery' disease killing dogs pulled from Fort Worth animal control

Switching over to Alabama:

Here is the 'Epidemic Hazard Event' found on the RSOE Hazard Map:

Description:
Two people have died and five others have been hospitalized in a mysterious cluster of respiratory illnesses in southeast Alabama, state health officials said. The victims, all adults, had symptoms including fever, cough and shortness of breath, but the cause of the illnesses is unknown, said Dr. Mary McIntyre, the acting state epidemiologist for the Alabama Department of Public Health. The hospital is using respiratory precautions, which include requiring staff to wear special N95 masks that reduce the chance of infection. State health officials have collected and analyzed samples of specimens from all patients. So far, one sample has tested positive for H1N1 influenza A, but it's not clear that that is behind the unusual illnesses. There's no evidence of other kinds of flu, including the H7N9 strain that has caused illness and death in China, McIntyre said. Laboratory samples have been sent to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, but testing results are not yet available, officials said. There's no evidence that any of the victims had a connection or traveled outside the country, which would have put them at risk for unusual pathogens, including a deadly new coronavirus recently christened MERS or Middle East Respiratory Syndrome. "At this point it's too early to tell," McIntyre told NBC News. "That's why we called it a respiratory illness of unknown origin." State and federal health officials will continue to investigate the illnesses.

Biohazard name:
Unidentified respiratory illness (fatal)

Biohazard level:
4/4 Hazardous
Link

(The RSOE-EDIS events for Montgomery/Liberty Counties in Texas - were pulled immediately following the disaster in Moore, OK. - I don't know why.)

A link to the reports can be found below - Both can still be viewed on the Global Incident Map:

hisz.rsoe.hu...

Outbreaks: Global Incident Map
edit on 22-5-2013 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join