It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the First Time, Obama Administration Admits Drones Have Killed 4 American Citizens

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Attorney General Eric Holder admitted in a letter to Congressional leaders on Wednesday that the United States had killed four Americans in drone strikes in Yemen and Pakistan, the New York Times reports. President Barack Obama is set to give a major speech on national security on Thursday.

www.theblaze.com...

So 4 Americans have been killed by Obama but wait for it.

n the letter, obtained by the Times, Holder revealed that the administration had intentionally killed radical Muslim cleric Anwar al-Awlaki with a drone strike in September 2011 in Yemen. While the U.S. has been largely suspected of responsibility in the assassination, the administration has never admitted it until now.

Awlaki was 'intentional'.

The letter also said that the United States had killed three other Americans: Samir Khan, who was killed in the same strike; Mr. Awlaki’s son Abdulrahman al-Awlaki, who was also killed in Yemen; and Jude Mohammed, who was killed in a strike in Pakistan.

www.nytimes.com...

So the other three just 'collateral damage' !

“These individuals were not specifically targeted by the United States,” Mr. Holder wrote.

Anyone buy that?

I don't, and really not even a peep about it given current events on both domestic, and foreign issues specifically targeting of American citizens' is normal operating procedure for the Nobel Peace Prize winner.

4 Americans denied their right to 'due process'
4 Americans denied a 5 star luxury all expenses paid stay at club Gitmo because Gitmo was more 'barbaric' .

Want to know the real deal?

Those 4 Americans were targeted because of their politics because in Islam there is no separation of church, and state.

Is this what awaits for those who make the administrations enemies list?

Something to think about even if they aren't targeting you, and they are targeting someone else they want them dead so are you pick your friends 'wisely'.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised at them being targeted or that they were killed by incompetence, both options would make sense in regards to the current administration. (Collateral damage = incompetence in my opinion)

I would like to see a full investigation into the matter, though that will never come to light. Even if it did the people responsible higher up the chain of command would never be identified.

Nixon was a boy scout compared to the current people in office...
edit on 22-5-2013 by TurtleSmacker because: Murder is still murder in a war-zone.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
It cant be a coincidence that in the week after the "dont fear your government" speech the news is loaded with stories of the governments tax collecting gestapo selectively harassing groups of people, the paranoid DoJ sifting through reporters records and computers and now this admission of drones being used to execute citizens.

It feels like a setup to me.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

That's nothing compared with the number of people they kill with other methods, like supporting Monsanto.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

If they admit to 4, it probably means that they killed a lot more.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Exactly.

Until they make bombs that only kill one person in a crowd (#sarcasm), or equip drones with sniper capability, it's open season on anyone associated with those officially targeted (assassinated)!

What does this say about future targeted killings (assassination), which may or may not be on American soil?

You associate with "terrorists," your days are numbered (whoever a terrorist is decided to be).

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

That's exactly what I'm saying.

Either I'm too analytic, or paranoid, or whatever; but I'm not buying into this sudden influx of "Obama did this" and "Obama did that" being sling all over. All it's doing is giving people who are star-struck by the left/right paradigm a pavement for their empty and hollow anti-Obama rants, in which they're cherry-picking at only what's been in the media lately, and these same people who say not to conform and believe in the mainstream media (unless it suits your opinion, of course).

People are acting like government corruption is something new and they're astonished and dumb-founded alike, thinking "How could this ever happen? Oh mer gerd it's Ob-aaaaa-ma's fault!

Get. Real.

This crap has been happening since before anyone on this website was born. Look at the bigger picture, and stop running with this mainstream slant against Ob-aaaa-ma.

And to clarify, I don't support Obama nor his corrupt administration. With that said, nearly every administration before him was corrupt as well. With that said, it's logical to make the assumption that the system that these men are serving is corrupted, was built that way, and they are simply the talking-head puppets to keep you in line with pathetic and useless (and newly constant) rhetoric against Obama.

I feel as if there is a bigger picture here, distract with the right hand while you work with the left. The whole "voices will warn of tyranny, ignore them" that Obama said, his "I am not a dictator" remark; the man my be corrupt and spineless but he's not stupid.

Something more to all of this, I'm beginning to think this government wants its people to fight back, to fire the first gun so-to-speak.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liquesence

reply to post by neo96

Exactly.

Until they make bombs that only kill one person in a crowd (#sarcasm), or equip drones with sniper capability, it's open season on anyone associated with those officially targeted (assassinated)!

What does this say about future targeted killings (assassination), which may or may not be on American soil?

You associate with "terrorists," your days are numbered (whoever a terrorist is decided to be).

Let me tell ya a story about a man named Jebb. Early on in Nazi Germany it was not really about the Jews it was about the Communists. What does this tell you?

It tells me you better watch out for slippery slopes and American's being denied the due process of law is one of them. I don't care how bad they are or what they did. When you start drawing gray areas around the constitution ya gotta wonder where it will end.

We are not a republic ruled by law anymore it seems. What have we become?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

For the First Time, Obama Administration Admits Drones Have Killed 4 American Citizens

Maybe the Obama administration can plead the 5th!

But on a more serious note, with drones flying across American skies, it'll only be a matter of time before more Americans die due to "collateral damage".

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

star that Beez
"If we don't stop them over there...."

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
At what point do We the People conclude these strikes are acceptable?

Will it require a member of your family to be a casualty before you engage?

Obama has no more control than did Bush or his handlers. Neither has a say. Both were puppets in the global scheme.

As we sit watching the sands in the hour glass, we must choose a side and determine how we will respond.

Claiming transparency whilst stirring the puddle to cloud it should be all that is required to portray the true intent of those who purport to act as your representative.

We are rapidly approaching a time where a stand must be taken. Where the line must be drawn and where men of honor must act accordingly.

Nobody wishes to die. Nobody wishes to become a martyr.

At the same time, if we aren't prepared to look our children and grandchildren in the face and explain to them why we cowered in the face of tyranny......we deserve the scorn we will receive.

Rest assured that your child or grandchild will one day ask you why you did nothing...as will mine. How will we respond? How will we justify allowing them to be enslaved before they were born?
edit on 22-5-2013 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
IT's a shot below the belt for thee American judicial system.. but I bet 9/10 Americans would want these men dead, regardless of Nationality.

For such attacks to be approved, the whole way up the chain of command, is not as easy task.. I reckon.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Are these the only ones this Administration wants to admit to?

For some odd reason, I think there's more. I have no facts to back this up, but as this Administration is willing to lie to us, for the sake of covering things up, I wouldn't put it past them.

S&F

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by neo96

Are these the only ones this Administration wants to admit to?

For some odd reason, I think there's more. I have no facts to back this up, but as this Administration is willing to lie to us, for the sake of covering things up, I wouldn't put it past them.

S&F

I bet you are right. I read your post and it got me thinking what if they are slowly letting it sink in. Little hear little there and next thing ya know they are running the US like a battlefield.

If you are a US citizen you have rights. Germany was smart they just took away the Jews citizenship. This is what I believe they will do in the US in the near future if you do certain acts you are no longer a citizen.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Time for checks and balances huh.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth

Originally posted by Liquesence

reply to post by neo96

Exactly.

Let me tell ya a story about a man named Jebb. Early on in Nazi Germany it was not really about the Jews it was about the Communists. What does this tell you?

It tells me you better watch out for slippery slopes and American's being denied the due process of law is one of them. I don't care how bad they are or what they did. When you start drawing gray areas around the constitution ya gotta wonder where it will end.

We are not a republic ruled by law anymore it seems. What have we become?

You should read Mein Kampf where Hitler outlines his plan for dealing with the Jews then come back here and say it was only about the communists.

What a silly statement.

That book was written well before he came into power by the way.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TurtleSmacker
I wouldn't be surprised at them being targeted or that they were killed by incompetence, both options would make sense in regards to the current administration. (Collateral damage = incompetence in my opinion)

I would like to see a full investigation into the matter, though that will never come to light. Even if it did the people responsible higher up the chain of command would never be identified.

edit on 22-5-2013 by TurtleSmacker because: Murder is still murder in a war-zone.

Why the razor focus on the "current administration" ? Do you really think drone strikes will stop with a new administration? Who's to say that americans werent killed by the drone strikes that began when Bush was in office?

Not defending Obama here. Drone strikes are just plain wrong. And people getting all worked up because americans were killed is a show of ignorance and a lack of compassion. What about all the innocent men, women and children that have been maimed and killed and were not americans? Dont they count?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Please...who cares if someone that has left the US and go's to another country to start preaching anti US crap...then gets a drone strike up his ass...seems fair game to me....get over it people
Its not like they were killed in the US on our soil...the only problem with drone stirkes is we are not using them enough...

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mike.Ockizard

Originally posted by TurtleSmacker

Why the razor focus on the "current administration" ? Do you really think drone strikes will stop with a new administration? Who's to say that americans werent killed by the drone strikes that began when Bush was in office?

Not defending Obama here. Drone strikes are just plain wrong. And people getting all worked up because americans were killed is a show of ignorance and a lack of compassion. What about all the innocent men, women and children that have been maimed and killed and were not americans? Dont they count?

There are no innocent's... if you have a terrorist staying in your house your fair game...if you dont want a strike on your house dont let the terrorist stay there...stopping the chain of events starts with the people that are living in these locations ...take a stand against the bad people that are making you a target...rise up and stop the radicals and we will leave you alone simple as that...If you cant do that get out of the way....

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I've had this argument with others.
The government whether FBI, State or local police can kill you without due process.

If you are about to or in the process of causing harm to someone you can be taken out without due process.

And then there's the distinction between enemy combatants and unlawful combatants. And we need to determine which category terrorists fall under. Though in my mind since they are not aligned with a country i'd say they are unlawful combatants. And POW status may not apply in those cases.

As well that some combatants such as al Awlaki was a citizen and is giving aid to our enemies and at the minimum is guilty of treason.

I would of preferred that Obama had ordered a court date for the the terrorist and proceeded with a trial even if the defendant wasn't there and ordered a warrant or even a death warrant to be executed by the military.

But it is certainly within the power of the military to kill a us citizen while in commission of an act of war against his country. Now was he in the process of committing a crime? we won't know.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join