It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreamliner teething problems continue

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I looked for someone that sold "Eau de Flaming Semiconductor" spray but so far no luck. You can buy spray farts, spray puke but no spray oh my god the airplanes on fire again. Alas.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
Am I a sick puppy for wanting to make up a "cell phone" that emits that special smell of roasting electronics and carry it on one of these things?

Oh, miss, what's that awful smell? I could SWEAR I just saw smoke come out of that panel...

This post made my afternoon.

Thanks

(we're probably both on another watch list now)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Damn them! They make things that smell like everything else, why not that?!

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The first UK registered Dreamliners were recently delivered to Thomson and are engaged on trials at the moment. I was there on Sunday when the 2nd of them took off for a trial which involved it flying round in circles over Cornwall under 2,000ft for a couple of hours before flying on to land at heathrow. Here are some pics I got of its departure;

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by waynos

Nice pictures, thanks for posting them. I finally got to see one up in Seattle one trip up there. It's just as pretty in real life as the pictures.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Yes it is. I just got lucky they were taking it out for a test as I was there and I got stupidly excited to get my first sighting in the flesh.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by waynos

That's ok, we were driving down the road (in an 18 wheeler, in traffic), with me going as slowly as I safely could without impeding traffic, while my other half was hanging out the passenger window, cell phone in hand, snapping pictures as fast as she could of the one parked.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

More pictures here.

I found this morning that the 787 was due at my local airport (where there are usually about 3/4 flights a day plus the Avro Vulcan which is based there) for training.

As a bonus both of Tomsons aircraft turned up at the same time and after G-TUIB 'Alfie' the second one, left for Ireland, G-TUIA, emblazoned 'Live the Dream', took part in some touch and go's enabling me to get about 350 shots, here are a few of them.

edit on 16-6-2013 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
So what does it hurt when the 777 apu door wqas left open on a maiden flight out of Payne field....in 06.....it went out for a long hour and a half flight....came back and the ground crew rolled up to inspect it....still stuck open....I was on the ramp and alerted the fire truck captain....before it left.....but no one stopped it. the door is about 4 feet by 7 feet.....alotta drag sticking strait up

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by waynos

Great pics! I really like the head on shot when its turning, and the one of the two of them.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Norwegian has recently returned its Dreamliners to service, and is preparing to return the two A340s it wet-leased. The second aircraft arrived in Stockholm after a scheduled stop in Dublin, and was unable to accomplish a revenue flight before going down with a brake problem.

The first aircraft was in Oslo, and failed to accept sufficient electrical power. After changing components, the problem persisted. That aircraft is returning to service today, putting both back in service. They're still using one A340, leased from HiFLy, to fly to Bangkok.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Norwegian CEO Bjorn Kjos has publicly apologized to passengers for the long delays to some flights, and put Boeing on notice that the continued problems they have had (they've had to put them out of service again, and have since returned them to service), are unacceptable.

In response, Boeing has established an essential parts supply at all the airports that Norwegian flies to, and put a "quick response team" at their disposal. The team will look into any problems the carrier has had, and continues to have and will attempt to smooth their operations out.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I guess this is a very off topic reply but i had a chance to see a Dreamliner take off at OSL, Norway today. Personally i´m not such a big fan of it´s look but it appeared to be far more silent than any of the other airplanes taking off. Probably a comfty ride!

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tomra

They're designed to be some of the quietest most comfortable aircraft on the market. They have quieter engines, and all kinds of interesting advances for passenger comfort.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
More probs for the Dreamliner, the most serious of which seems to be a failure in the anti ice system that protects the engines?

BBC

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tomra

It's funny you should say that. When I have been to Manchester Airport on one of my photography days I was struck by the quietness of the A380, by far the quietest wide body on take off and even quieter than the plethora of 737's and 757's around too. That came as quite a surprise.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Is there an echo in here?
edit on 10-10-2013 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by waynos

Never heard an A380 but i guess this goes for most modern engines. Beeing someone who like to hang around airports just for the sake of looking at planes i have to confess that i far prefer older machines which really makes the ground rumble. MD-80´s comes to my mind, beautiful plane and lovely sound :-)

-----

Norwegians second machine was put on the ground today.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tomra

This was more of a scheduled shut down though, so the Boeing team could go through it and resolve the problems they've been having with it.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by tomra

Yeah me too. I love a classic. The A380 btw is the biggest airliner in the world. Hence my surprise.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join