It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foods that help to stimulate your metabolism to lose weight !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I don't usually post to this forum but I thought this was worth sharing with my fellow ATSers
Need to lose weight, like me only 20 pounds, I need to focus on these food groups more.
I guess if you feel hungry at least eat foods that help your metabolism burn better.
With summer coming I need to eat more fresh berries for breakfast. And garlic can be added to almost any meal. Beans are good too, if you want to cut back on your meat intake as well, BEANS

Beans: Dried beans contain what is known as “resistant starch," which produces more of a sense of fullness. They also cause a very slow blood sugar rise, helping your metabolism function more evenly and effectively.

Garlic: A member of the allium family, garlic contains glutathione, which helps the liver clear out hormone-disrupting chemicals that can slow the metabolism.

Berries: Berries contain anthocyanins, which studies have found to have metabolism-boosting properties. They also encourage fat cells to release a hormone that reduces inflammation, lowers blood sugar and can reverse insulin and leptin resistance.

Broccoli: Cruciferous vegetables have high fiber and high water content, a combination that helps you feel full and increases your body’s ability to burn fat.

Whole grains: Whole grains like oats and barley are loaded with nutrients and can help control your appetite. The short-chain fatty acids in whole grains stimulate fat cells in our stomachs to release leptin, the satiety hormone. And whole grain fiber also helps us feel full by slowing blood-sugar release and steadying insulin levels.

More suggestions.
Video

edit on 22-5-2013 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Im surprised you did not mention spicy peppers in there.

But, all in all, its all about proper quantity and moderation.. and lots of normal water. No no, coke and "orange" juice is not water.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
I don't usually post to this forum but I thought this was worth sharing with my fellow ATSers
Need to lose weight, like me only 20 pounds, I need to focus on these food groups more.
I guess if you feel hungry at least eat foods that help your metabolism burn better.
With summer coming I need to eat more fresh berries for breakfast. And garlic can be added to almost any meal. Beans are good too, if you want to cut back on your meat intake as well, BEANS

Beans: Dried beans contain what is known as “resistant starch," which produces more of a sense of fullness. They also cause a very slow blood sugar rise, helping your metabolism function more evenly and effectively.

Garlic: A member of the allium family, garlic contains glutathione, which helps the liver clear out hormone-disrupting chemicals that can slow the metabolism.

Berries: Berries contain anthocyanins, which studies have found to have metabolism-boosting properties. They also encourage fat cells to release a hormone that reduces inflammation, lowers blood sugar and can reverse insulin and leptin resistance.

Broccoli: Cruciferous vegetables have high fiber and high water content, a combination that helps you feel full and increases your body’s ability to burn fat.

Whole grains: Whole grains like oats and barley are loaded with nutrients and can help control your appetite. The short-chain fatty acids in whole grains stimulate fat cells in our stomachs to release leptin, the satiety hormone. And whole grain fiber also helps us feel full by slowing blood-sugar release and steadying insulin levels.

This is painful for me to point out to you that although these are good substitutes for burgers and fries, it goes along old fashioned sales gimmicks of agro-business food marketing.

I won't read the 20 of them because I feel it's a pageview attempt but 2 of 4 of your examples can be re-examined.

Broccoli is a cruciferous vegetable, and an excessive intake of cruciferous vegetables, full of goitrogens, can lead to hypothyroidism, which would actually decrease your metabolism, and then chemically reduce your ability to lose weight.

You know what has high water content? Water. Drink it; water is a macronutrient. Fiber doesn't actually help the body burn fat. It helps you poop easier, which might speed the food past your lives and intestines before it has a chance to absorb nutrients.

That whole grains thing is straight out of whole-grain propaganda. I have never met a bread I could eat that didn't make me want to overeat and then eat more bread later. Gluten and bread is not a friend of dieters. There is a decent gluten-free diet movement happening. Grains have also been accused of making inflammation, which would counteract the berries.

Too bad you don't post often. You might be real interesting when you aren't a corporate shill.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sandalphon

Too bad you don't post often. You might be real interesting when you aren't a corporate shill.

Dude that is just rude.

I found something interesting that I wanted to share instead of just adding to it you, had to insult me.
I have no agenda, I am not selling anything, and I got the information from an article.
Talk about ultra skeptical, just wow.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
It’s true that some foods have a very high thermogenic effect, so you can burn your calories as you eat. Other eats contain nutrients and compounds that stoke your metabolic fire. We should use healthy and natural foods for fat loss.

new topics

top topics

join