It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Drafted In Secret Would Block Release Of Some Newtown Massacre Records

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by masta12d
. "Proof or it didn't happen".

:shk:
the funerals of the dead children and the police reports that were given to the press are enough 'proof' that the children were massacred in a bloodbath . No one needs to see the photos of dead children to get it through their thick skulls that the massacre did in fact happen. Even if the photos were relased to the general public, people like you would just claim 'photoshop' or something.

edit on 5/23/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

I made a thread on this but I didn't realize that one already existed. So please allow me to partially quote myself here. Thank you.

Could it just be that there really are no crime scene photographs on file that depict injured, dead, and/or mutilated bodies of little children: not to mention the bullet riddled crime scene photographs? Could this just be a secretly conjured "legislative" ruse designed to "legally" cover-up those very facts.

Not only do they want to do this (withhold information) only in the case of Sandy Hook - but across the board. This is an obviously unconstitutional 'act' intended to subvert the public interest - in effect, the publics legal rights to crime scene and investigatory information - either on site or through the FOIA process of seeking information to which the American people are entitled.

This is the part that I find most troubling, but please read the entire article - it is ominously enlightening.

As envisioned by Kane, the bill wouldn't be limited to the Newtown file.
"We are seeking legislation to protect crime scene photographs protecting victims and certain 911 tapes,"

AND MORE COVERAGE ================================================================================
State of Connecticut Crafts “Special Act” to Hide Sandy Hook Evidence
edit on 23-5-2013 by CasaVigilante because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by masta12d
. "Proof or it didn't happen".

:shk:
the funerals of the dead children and the police reports that were given to the press are enough 'proof' that the children were massacred in a bloodbath . No one needs to see the photos of dead children to get it through their thick skulls that the massacre did in fact happen. Even if the photos were relased to the general public, people like you would just claim 'photoshop' or something.

edit on 5/23/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

Please try to keep up, this new law isn't about keeping pictures of minors from the public that is already being done, there is no need for a new law for that. This law is about keeping ALL information from the public including 911 calls and all audio and videos involved.
The only reason for this new law is to keep cover ups covered up.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by CasaVigilante

Just wondering if you tried the search function before you made your thread?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Drafted in secret?
"So this is how liberty dies—to thunderous applause." ?

Emotional feelings are not a good reason to prevent investigations, so I am very confused. Isn't it more ghoulish to roadblock open investigations and protect the real killer/s from ever being brought to justice publicly (if accomplices are still at large possibly)??

If you aren't afraid of anything, what have you got to hide?

So if we believe all these sick horror films are only for psychopaths, than everyone should ban them at our behest?
Maybe we don't like violent music either? And maybe the News shows too much blood like the Tornado in OK the other day? There were dead people with a lot of blood shouldn't we cover it all up, and go wipe all those webpages of the pics? For the sake of the memory of the dead or some other nonsense?

Does burying the truth of what happened vindicate them or condemn those who died senselessly?

If this is really the right choice, why does it need secret new legislation? Our tens of thousands of already existent laws are not good enough?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
They are trying to make it so "socially unacceptable" to want the law to be the way it is now, that people will be afraid to speak up against this pure tyranny in fear of social ostracizing.

I don't care, hate all you want. I ain't hatin.
I just be truth and liberty seeking.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart

Just wondering if you tried the search function before you made your thread?

I did but its not always that accurate - besides I was under the impression that this was "hot off the press" so to speak.

Why do you ask?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Even if the photos were relased to the general public, people like you would just claim 'photoshop' or something.

That is a straw man fallacy. Wiki

A straw man or straw person, also known in the UK as an Aunt Sally,[1][2] is a type of argument and is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position.[3] To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by replacing it with a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition (the "straw man"), and to refute it, without ever having actually refuted the original position.[3][4] This technique has been used throughout history in polemical debate, particularly in arguments about highly charged, emotional issues.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Because I haven't had any luck with that search engine, I now google the thread title to see if anything has been posted, it seems that ATS threads pop up in the first few returns of a search on google.

Yes that's right ATS, google finds threads here better than your internal search engine. sad but true.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

The only reason for this new law is to keep cover ups covered up.

I feel it is wrong and unjust that they are trying to claim if you want justice to prevail and the truth to out all the criminals, that you are equal to the killer themselves. It's messed up.

It's like some strange psychological pathology where they transpose the killers persona onto anyone who disagrees with their personal beliefs and version of "what happened that day".

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Because I haven't had any luck with that search engine, I now google the thread title to see if anything has been posted, it seems that ATS threads pop up in the first few returns of a search on google.

Yes that's right ATS, google finds threads here better than your internal search engine. sad but true.

Thank you for that................

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You are Absolutly right! The parents and husbands have gone through to much already.
I can atest as I went to three wakes and funerals. The photo's should not be released.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Count me among those who firmly believe that outside some necessity in a trial, not one single person walking the planet needs to see or has any right to see crime scene photos. The families of the dead deserve that privacy.

All of you are out there on thread after thread complaining about the erosion of your personal rights, but when it comes to the rights of the families, hypocrisy rules the day. No family deserves to have photos of their dead relatives or children plastered all over the internet, magazines, newspapers, or anywhere else. And nobody outside of the families deserve or have any right to view them, either.

Think I'm wrong? Head on down to your local police station and ask, no wait DEMAND (because it's your "right") to see a few weeks worth of crime scene photos. Let me know how that works out for you...

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Anyone that believes the steaming pile of official story that has been offered regarding Sandy Hook is either so liberal that they would literally jump off a cliff if MSNBC told them too, uneducated about the entirety of circumstances regarding the event and the investigation or just plain chooses to close their eyes.

The thought that Adam Lanza stormed that school by himself is outrageous. All available evidence points directly to multiple suspects and none of it points to a lone shooter, especially one that fits Lanzas profile. If the heaping mounds of evidence that screams lies and cover up isn't enough for you should't the absence of any video footage, any at all that shows a lone Adam Lanza blasting his way into the front doors be enough? They had state of the art cameras, they have the footage, they have released footage of multiple other mass shootings and the gunmen, why not Lanza?

Should't the demolishing of the school, the fact that a year prior the medical examiners office changed the law so they don't have to disclose information regarding minors or cause of death, and the lack of any video footage be enough to at least cause people to stop and say, hey..... Something isn't right here.

That school was shot up alright, a lot of children were gunned down and it's heinous and sick. Whats more sick is that still to this day they are doing things to hide, cover up and disguise what happened like this bill presented in the OP. They are getting away with it because people are more concerned with fitting in and grieving that with exposing the truth.

What is the truth? We could probably start by asking the armed tactical officer who was fleeing the scene when police arrived, we could ask the bus driver who ended up at Gene Rosen's house with 6 children, we could ask Gene himself, maybe some hard questions, some that he should have answers for. We could ask those that are in possession of the video taps. We could ask a lot of people but the truth is, we wont.

And just like 9/11 before it, these events will continue to happen, because they can get away with it and push agenda because we won't demand the truth. Open your eyes and see this incident for what it really is. Ask yourselves the hard questions and answer yourself honestly.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

No. What I said isn't even close to being a 'straw man'.

Nice try at deflection. But failure. I did NOT take it to an extreme absurdity.
People like him would just claim the photos were photoshopped.
It happens all the time here. So ... no absurdity .. no 'straw man'.

Please try to keep up,

Take your own advice. From your own opening post ... it says 'INCLUDING VICTIM'S PHOTOS' .. and my response was that if it is stopping victims photos from being in the public, then that I'm for.

The staffs of the state's top prosecutor and the governor's office have been working in secret with General Assembly leaders on legislation to withhold records related to the police investigation into the Dec. 14 Newtown elementary school massacre — including victims' photos, tapes of 911 calls, and possibly more.

As for the 911 calls and the 'possibly more' .. I made no comment.
I specifically said 'VICTIMS PHOTOS' because that is exactly what YOUR post quoted.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I'm sorry for all caps but you are not listening...

NO ONE RELEASES PHOTOS OF VICTIMS THAT ARE MINORS ALREADY! WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER LAW TO PROTECT THEM!!
THE ONLY THING THIS NEW LAW DOES IS HELP THEM KEEP THE COVER UPS COVERED UP!!!

get it now?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Dont think there needs to be a 'law' for this it's just common sense.

Also agree that crime scene photos should not be released.
edit on 23-5-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

No. What I said isn't even close to being a 'straw man'.

Nice try at deflection. But failure. I did NOT take it to an extreme absurdity.
People like him would just claim the photos were photoshopped.
It happens all the time here. So ... no absurdity .. no 'straw man'.

Actually it is a straw man fallacy. You even committed it again.

You don't know the future, you aren't a psychic, you cannot speak for millions of people you only speak for yourself.

No one knows what anyone would say about something before it even happens.

It is very disappointing.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Dont think there needs to be a 'law' for this it's just common sense.

Also agree that crime scene photos should not be released.
edit on 23-5-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Actually the law says the opposite.

Everything has to be released eventually, the best you can do is get court orders to keep it concealed for a specific time duration based on specific reasons.

By law, the US Citizens have a right to the TRUTH about all things the government does.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I am the father of two children, I love them very much.

If anyone murders them in cold blood, I want ALL EVIDENCE released to the public so they can help catch the killers and bring them to justice if by chance any slipped away.

Don't listen to these anti-truth types, who think covering up reality is good as long as they personally find it too disgusting to look at.

If my kids are murdered please investigate it to no end and don't ever let these freedom haters stop you.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join