It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOPer Who Got Millions in Farm Subsidies Thinks the Poor Should Starve Rather Than Get Food Stamps

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
people who quote "the one who does not work, does not eat" are usually also totally ignorant of the biblical concept of "gleaning"

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

"There but for the grace of God" mean anything to you?

Conservatives always amaze me when they vilify those less fortunate than themselves but completely ignore the waste, subsidies, fraud and corruption coming from the war profiteers, corporations, banks, wallstreet etc.

Thank you, olaru.
I appreciate your participation here.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
What a barbaric Creten. Not only is Stephen Fincher a lunatic he is also a traitor and enemy of the American people in my humble opinion. When the number of people outnumber jobs then it is not rocket science, 1+1 = 10 in Stephen Fincher's simian like logic. you cant get blood from a turnup. When people are starved and become desperate what will they do? Crime will skyrocket and some will start eating each other, especially the rich Obese living off the fat of the land. The have nots will come or the have's. I will be more than happy to make a road sign that says "free buffet" pointed at Stephen Fincher house. This bible thumping maniac needs to be removed from office promptly. If there ever was a Jesus Christ he certainly was a price of the poor. Fincher is doing thy devils bidding while posing as a Christian. This neocon has taken scripture and spun it out of context. What a heartless disgusting human being. The government gives people just enough in food stamps to live by. I think around $50 for adults per week in my state last I checked. He really think's everyone on food stamps are unwilling to work hence million's of individuals share the same mindset ... just wow.
people like him exist, most disturbing.

I will just leave this here

edit on 22-5-2013 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jssaylor2007
I agree with him.

If you are unwilling to work you should not be allowed ANY government help.

Unwilling being the key word here.

I agree. Now how do we reduce the lines in the unemployment offices?

There are lots of people willing to work. But, they are unable to find jobs that will take them in.

When those unemployment lines drop to zero, then, at that point, we can stop feeding those who are unwilling.

We certainly don't want to be feeding people, for free, when there are jobs going unfilled.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Simple answer, bring manufacturing jobs back to the US. I watched the small town I grew up in wither and die when the 4 main factories moved to China. Most of the smaller businesses went bankrupt shortly after...why...because of the greed of the corporations that bought those factories. These were all corporations that came from the outside, no community roots, while those factories were built by generations of locals (vice grip being one of them). Of course this happened after the older generation of (factory) owners dies off and their heirs took over. Kids that grew up rich, but got bored with being little millionaires and wanted to keep up with the truly wealthy. So for all you liberal idiots that called me a ignorant redneck for having a "buy american" bumper sticker, you can blame yourselves. Also, you idiot conservatives that allowed businesses to be de regulated in the first place you take an equal share in that blame. Back in the day, sending anything to a communist country was considered treason, now it's standart business practice.

I do find it funny that those that get millions in Gov't handouts harp on welfare. So if you get just enough to survive your scum, if you get millions you are mister respectable hmmmm
edit on 22-5-2013 by JeffreyCH because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JeffreyCH

Star for your post....

So for all you liberal idiots that called me a ignorant redneck for having a "buy american" bumper sticker, you can blame yourselves.

Wait.
WHAT?

And here I agreed with you!!! Starred your post based on the first sentence!! I want my star back.

The problem is the off-shoring of American (would-be) jobs....
And it's NOT the 'liberal idiots' who are doing that. My husband and I try to 'buy American' whenever we can. I think you are quite confused about who is doing what to destroy the economy (it's the capitalists, NOT the 'liberal idiots'. gha)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I edited it, hit the reply button before I was done

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by UNIT76
people who quote "the one who does not work, does not eat" are usually also totally ignorant of the biblical concept of "gleaning"

And remember, there's never a shortage of food.

From the dawn of time, food has always been plentiful

In fact, it is literally impossible to run out of food.

The only reason people starve, is that they turn up their nose at the flesh that's available all around, walking up and down the streets everyday.

But, from time to time, throughout history, men have re-discovered that food supply, and suddenly became aware of the wonderful thing, that the LORD hath provided abundance for ever to the willing that they would never go hungry, unless they wanted to starve.

Starving is a choice.

If you don't feed the poor, the poor will not starve, the poor will feed on the abundance provided by the LORD, overcoming all restraint.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Star for your post....

So for all you liberal idiots that called me a ignorant redneck for having a "buy american" bumper sticker, you can blame yourselves.

Wait.
WHAT?

And here I agreed with you!!! Starred your post based on the first sentence!! I want my star back.

And it's NOT the 'liberal idiots' who are doing that. My husband and I try to 'buy American' whenever we can. I think you are quite confused about who is doing what to destroy the economy (it's the capitalists, NOT the 'liberal idiots'. gha)

Back when the whole import thing started, it was about Japanese cars. We need to think on a global scale, we should be open minded to buying imported cars blah blah blah...are you not old enough to remember the 80's?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I was in my 20s in the '80s'! I remember them quite well.
Okay, I have to crash now. You all carry on, I'll be back tomorrow.
G'nite.

(And yes, I drive a Honda.....they last forever)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JeffreyCH

Originally posted by wildtimes

Star for your post....

Wait.
WHAT?

Back when the whole import thing started, it was about Japanese cars. We need to think on a global scale, we should be open minded to buying imported cars blah blah blah...are you not old enough to remember the 80's?

Now now, that is not very nice. Calling liberals names love them or hate them is against TOS. I hate to play mod here but that is uncalled for. They are not idiots, they just have different views and principles. See here www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
This remind me of these yaaooz who voted against relief for the victims of hurricane Sandy but are all too eager to take Fed money when they need it,I hope the good people of Oklahoma throw these bums out next election cycle.

Rep. King Blasts Okla. Lawmaker For ‘Absolute Hypocrisy
’ In Voting Against Sandy Aid
GOP Rep.
Singles Out Sen. Inhofe For Claiming Sandy Aid Was Exploited May 22, 2013 2:48 PM

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) – New York Congressman Peter King has singled out one of Oklahoma’s senators, labeling him a hypocrite for voting against federal aid for victims of superstorm Sandy now that the tables are turned and Oklahoma is in need of federal assistance. “We know the type of suffering that people go through during these types of crises and we’re not going to hold – I’m certainly not going to hold the good people of Oklahoma hostage because they may have some hypocrites in their delegation,” King told WCBS 880′s Steve Scott on Wednesday. King focused his comments on hypocrisy at Sen. James Inhofe (R-Okla.), though Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) also voted against the $60 billion Sandy aid package earlier this year.
newyork.cbslocal.com...

edit on 23-5-2013 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

A man holding a bible of any kind, should "not", be allowed to participate in any kind of political arena.

Religion has no place in government..!!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I received food stamps while I was frantically looking for a job so that I didn't get evicted because I don't have family or friends to fall back on.

SNAP benefits helped me eat while I was trying to get back on my feet, otherwise I would've starved.

Even with those benefits I wasn't eating lunch or breakfast.
I got very thin.

This guy is an ignoramus and can go straight to f(_)ckingham!
edit on 23-5-2013 by RothchildRancor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
AHHHH my favorite subject!!!! I live in Iowa and we have a lot of poor farmers in our area. One particular family is so poor that they have resorted to buying their own plane to fly around. The most not be able to afford airline tickets. Can you sense the sarcasim in my writing? I a fed up with farmers. No one subsidizes my income. This is an old out of date program that needs to stop now. The family I referred to has a condo at a large lake in missouri. They bought the plane to fly to their condo where they keep their $250,000 boat. They have all the toys and they have received millions of tax payer dollars. Why and how is this fair?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   

My signature is my second line. It describes the future, as a result of the left, to a T. It's coming and it's the Progressive left (which includes the GOP) that will be bringing it to fruition.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I'm on food stamps myself, I have a horrible job that pays enough for rent or food, not both. However, there's no real work around here and moving simply isn't an option. I've been looking for work for 5 years now, in that time I've gotten an entire two interviews. In the past two years Ohio has also cut their benefits pretty significantly, I went from getting 200/month in food stamps to 75/month with no change in income (a decrease in income actually). It's so bad here that I walk (driving is a luxury I can't afford) to local churches on various ends of town and get free meals from them 3 days a week, and leftover bread from the tim hortons down the street a couple days a week as well.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by RothchildRancor
I received food stamps while I was frantically looking for a job so that I didn't get evicted because I don't have family or friends to fall back on.

SNAP benefits helped me eat while I was trying to get back on my feet, otherwise I would've starved.

Even with those benefits I wasn't eating lunch or breakfast.
I got very thin.

This guy is an ignoramus and can go straight to f(_)ckingham!
edit on 23-5-2013 by RothchildRancor because: (no reason given)

It does give me some peace in knowing I the taxpayer had my money put to good use is feeding someone rather than that money being spent on the war machine. I was on food stamps back in college, similar situation to yours. If i had it my way most our tax would go toward productive things such as education and job growth, free school lunch ect.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Republicans are insane! I don't understand how Christianity has anything to do with their movement! They give Christians a terrible name and spit in the face of their own God.
edit on 23-5-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I would also add that people can draw food stamps while having a low income job

Yes, you can receive benefits while employed still Apparently this religious zealot does not understand or is educated in the human resources programs. So why is he in office? As he claims if you are on food stamps you are a lazy SOB that wont work blah blah blah sticking his foot in his well fed mouth

People who are on assistance should not be made to feel like worthless citizens. They put money in via taxes, become laid off or fired or whatever the case may be. The system works as insurance for this reason. While we are invading sovereign countries under the gist of freeing people and sending billions to other countries to feed them this SOB is lashing out at our very own in such a unrealistic and absurd manner acting like a pompous jack ass. Pardon my french, the level of ignorance and bile spewing tripe from this "politician" makes my blood curdle.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join