It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Cheerleader Denies Felony Charge for Lesbian Relationship

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by Miracula

Why would you assume what I do or don't agree with on the subject of drug policy?

Seems like a stupid direction for a counter argument.

Because a nation like America versus some other countries that have lower murder rates and other violent crimes also engage in censorship so that the entertainment media they consume reflects the law, if not social norms is going to mislead people into thinking that because we send soldiers to die to protect free speech propaganda of behaviors which constitute a felony violation of our law is going to encourage felony conduct.

America is supposed to be a beacon, and yet many parts of America create confusion and lack of understanding one's responsibilities to the community by failing to engage in censorship of felony propoganda. ie. Our entertainment media.

Therefore until we prosecute people for making drug propaganda movies for felonies and corrupting of a minor then an 18 year who has watched Cheech and Chong is probably going to fail to understand that felonies are a major violation of civil order, especially if they are engaged in a mutual interest, consensual relationship. Even those responsible young adults who know what Sandusky did was wrong might not be able to foresee the consequences of a consensual relationship.

I mean we can either have George Orwell and Big Brother and report people to the police for every violation of law, or we can only take people to authorities when they are violating someone's else will like Sandusky.

Freedom or Stalinist control. You people saying that we shouldn't first talk to the girl and forbid the relationship, then go to her parents, and as a last resort to the police. Well, I am wondering why you continue to live in a nation that produces Cheech and Chong movies if you prefer maximum amount of punishment to deal with consensual relationships.

edit on 23-5-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miracula

Originally posted by Wertdagf
There are laws against SEXUAL relations with underage people

There are laws which forbid drug use, and yet we send soldiers to fight to protect free speech used to glorify it, like Cheech and Chong marijuana movies.

Cultivation is a felony.

Should we indict the POTUS as he fails to instruct congress to pass a law forbidding such movies.

Would the fact that soldiers fight and die to protect felony drug propaganda affect an 18 year olds ability to recognize the difference between a felony and a misdemeanors impact upon their future?

Of course it would!

First we have never sent troops to defend free speach anywhere

Second the war on drugs is a farce considering our cia is probably the worlds supplier of heroin.

Third we should indict the potus for the slew of reasons pasted all over these boards.

Fourth and last. Soldiers are not sent to war to protect drug propaganda

They are sent to protect this tyranical governments collective ass and their lucrative contracts.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
The problem shouldn't be about the same sex relationship, it should be about the fact that one of them was 18 and the other 14.

Sex with a minor is still sex with a minor gay or straight.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cinrad
All these paedophiles should be chemically castrated.

Good luck with that mate they are Girls , Last time I checked there were no tesicals to castrate .
FFS: they are both young and obviously gay , let them be happy.
There was no rape and being 17, the older girl was not like a 30 year old pervert.
I was having sex at 15 with my girlfriend who was also 15 back in the 80's , her mother even let her go on the pill.
This seems to me like the younger girls parents are blaming the older girl for turning her Gay .
edit on 23-5-2013 by pillock because: spelling

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Originally posted by Expat888
another case of ppl being bloody busybodies poking noses where they dont belong ... so what if the girls are lesbians its no ones damn business but their own ... far more serious problems there in the states to worry about and fix ... meh once again stupidity doesnt just run rampant in amerika it gallops ...

The sensationalist title makes a deal of them being lesbian lovers. The actual law looks at their ages. Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing.
k theres places in the world today where 13 year olds are considered adults and have adult responsibilities ,.. age is irrelevant .. as to the relationship so what - a century ago in america ppl got married at 13 ... meh as said a non-issue when there are far more pressing problems facing the country ... as to reading comprehension english isnt my native language .. its a limited .. primitive .. language that gives me bloody hadaches to use ..

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
honestly sometimes i don't get why being 18 is considered adult, 18 year old's are aren't even completely matured yet, 14 and 18 aren't much different development wise, really your mid to late 20's is when mental development ends, when you really become adult. clinging to such laws that ignores biological facts and criminalizes those barely more mature than 14 to 16 year old's seems outdated and ignorant to me.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   

re-read. I did not link pedo's with 14 year olds or any age for that matter. Reread the post. You're missing the point.

A 14 year old is NOT an adult, young or otherwise. You're making stuff up now. She may not be a child by definition, but she certainly is not an adult. She's just barely above being a preteen.
edit on 23-5-2013 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
People who go to the same school should not have to worry about who they can or cant have relationships with. We not only go to school to learn, but to form relationships as human beings. They need to fix these stupid laws and deal with more pressing matters. 4 year age difference is NORMAL. When I was 14 I definitely knew about sex and would have enjoyed it greatly. Fourteen year olds aren't these innocent little kids you think they are. Most fourteen year olds are smoking pot, drinking, and having sex these days.

I really hope these people get off without any issues. Its sad to see people want to persecute others for a consensual relationship when the only wrong issue is the LAW itself.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
it wasn't consensual....a 14 yr old CAN NOT consent
how many of those To Catch a Predator Shows had teenage "predators" showing up to meet 14 yr olds? A lot of them.
i still haven't heard the older girls parents blast these laws....they think just in the 1 case that involves them, it shouldn't count.
these are laws that get applauded when they get passed, then when the reality of how the prosecutors are using them comes to light, people complain.
its amazing how people are trying to demonize the little girl's parents for trying to protect her

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by HankMoody
it wasn't consensual....a 14 yr old CAN NOT consent

Yes they can. Ask the Mormons!

Therefore we should arrest the Mormons for corrupting the values of minors when they take their children to church.

We not only send our troops to defend free speech, we send them to defend freedom of religion and statutory rape......and felony drug propaganda.

Therefore we should arrest the President and Congress who continue to allow religions which encourage felony sexual conduct with 14 year olds by middle aged men.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

thats why we raid Mormon compounds....and to show off our tanks on US soil

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

another case of ppl being bloody busybodies poking noses where they dont belong ... so what if the girls are lesbians its no ones damn business but their own ... far more serious problems there in the states to worry about and fix ... meh once again stupidity doesnt just run rampant in amerika it gallops ...

The activities of a 14 year old girl ARE her parents business. What you call "being a busybody" is what most people call "parenting." If more parents cared to get involved, there would be less problems.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by RothchildRancor
The problem shouldn't be about the same sex relationship, it should be about the fact that one of them was 18 and the other 14.

Sex with a minor is still sex with a minor gay or straight.

^^THIS^^ is what it's all about. Everything else is just a distraction/derailment. An adult having relations with a minor child is illegal, and she will be branded a child molester for the rest of her life. And she should be labeled as so.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I read conflicting reports on the difference of their ages, so which is it? Anyway, I believe if they were less than roughly 4 years apart, then morally she did nothing wrong and it is just normal teenage sexual experimenting. Thats what near age exceptions (Romeo and Juliet laws) are for. Criminalising such consentual sex is ridiculous. Lesbian or otherwise.
edit on 23/5/13 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

If this occurred in a nation where 13 (14/15 in this case) is consider an "adult" then we would discuss the applicable laws but that isn't the case here. It is Florida and thus falls under Florida law. I am also not arguing that the law is just, rather that is what is being held to account regarding this.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
crazy how man people want 14 to be the new age of consent in the US

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by HankMoody

For years a number of places it was the age of consent. Most of them have since bumped it up to 16, but for a long time it was 14.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

The activities of a 14 year old girl ARE her parents business. What you call "being a busybody" is what most people call "parenting." If more parents cared to get involved, there would be less problems.

So what your saying is being in a same-sex relationship with someone 2 years younger is a "problem".

I think the tone of your comment in light of the context of these girls relationship is the problem.

People like you contribute to all the "Hate" in America.....sad sad sad
edit on 5/23/13 by AlienFornication because: Added Quote

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

No freaking joke as a member of the class of 2000 of that vary high school Im a bit shocked and underwhelmed.

A lot worse went on with male/female relationships when I went to school there especially among the minority students. It wasent uncommon to have underage pregnancy rearing its head there either at least when I was there. in fact i can personally recall a 16 year old being dated by a 23 year old male and it was known.

Looking at the site the faculty is all different except for Stutzske who looks to have over inflated the athletics program 8 fold since he took charge of it. Few good teachers still there from my time. but i highly doubt the relationships and sexual activity has changed at all , Sebastian high school is like a rest home waiting room there's sports and then there's nothing much else to do but hang around Walmart or shoot at gators and snakes.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by HankMoody
crazy how man people want 14 to be the new age of consent in the US

No, people want to stop the criminalisation of consentual sex among teens themselves, as is already the case in a big part of developed world. Lowering age of consent for sex with "creepy old dudes" isnt needed to solve these issues.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join