It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Cheerleader Denies Felony Charge for Lesbian Relationship

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by brandiwine14
That 18 year old girl should not have the charges dropped and she should in fact be treated just like every other 18 year old boy who was with a 14 year old girl. Shame on her mother, lesbians or not EVERYONE knows the laws pertaining to having sex with underage children. 17 might slide, but 14 is still too young they have a lot of growing up to do.

just because she is a lesbian she should not get a free pass to molest underage girls. Sorry but lesbians have to live by the same rules as men.

edit on 22-5-2013 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

Two questions:

1) Should a relationship between a 16 year old and a 14 year old be forced to end when one turns 18 and the other is 16?

2) Where was the "Molestation" you talk about? Everything I have read has both girls saying it was consensual.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
All these paedophiles should be chemically castrated.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
One part this story is that the mother of the 14 year old is upset that her daughter was in a LESBIAN RELATIONSHIP, which is why they persued charges!!

Should have charged admission for Cam shows. If I found out that I would have been excited.

Plus their daughter can't pregnant. This is positive all the way around.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
doesnt matter what the sexes, or the lesbian/gay issue. The simple fact that one bring 18 and the other being 14 is a serious problem. The law should be upheld to the fullest. If it were a guy involved as being the 18 year old, this wouldn't even be questioned. It shouldn't matter. The facts and going against the law is the only factor. It doesnt matter if the 18 year old was gay or not. It is what it is.

Throw the book at her.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I don't care how old they were when the relationship began. If an 18-year-old has sexual relations with someone underage, there are legal repercussions. Their sexuality (even if that's why the parents are so upset) is irrelevant.

Well said! Star!

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
That 18 year old girl is NOT a criminal. Those suggesting otherwise should think back to when they were 18.
15 was not too young.

Here in Canada, age of consent has been raised from 14 to 16, but there is a clause that states a 5 year age difference for those who are under age is okay. The US should follow suit.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn
The law should be upheld to the fullest

I don't know about the fullest part.

18 and 14 doesn't even constitute statutory rape in my mind. A 30 something male and a 14 year old maybe.

She is not minor and should be prosecuted to the least allowable extent of the law for a first time violation.

And what if the 18 year old is a sexual abuse victim and doesn't understand the seriousness of her behavior as a result of abuse.

If we are going to say that we are going to prosecute her to the fullest extent of the law without considering the possibility that she herself might be a victim of sexual abuse then I think we should first start executing people who use force and coercion against people who are well beyond a four year age difference or put the idea of reintegrating them into society once their time in jail is served in the closet.

If we are going to prosecute her to the fullest extent of the law, should we not also prosecute Mormons who take their children to church every Sunday to learn how it is legal to manipulate 14 year old girls into marriage by promising to exalt their entire families into heaven by prophets whose prophecies about Mormon temples remaining in operation failed to come to pass.

To me at a four year age difference in a consensual but inappropriate relationship, force them to transfer to separate schools and file a restraining order.

edit on 22-5-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by smilesmcgee
That 18 year old girl is NOT a criminal. Those suggesting otherwise should think back to when they were 18.
15 was not too young.

Here in Canada, age of consent has been raised from 14 to 16, but there is a clause that states a 5 year age difference for those who are under age is okay. The US should follow suit.

That is great about Canada. That is your law. We are not talking about Canada however; so what you think, in terms of the law you live under, is irrelevant.

What needs to be examined is Florida law. Here is a rudimentary break down of Florida law: Florida Statutory Rape "Guide"

My guess, this is the charge or claim:

Lewd or lascivious molestation[197] with someone less than less than 16 years of age where the defendant is at least 18 years of age.[198]

Lewd or lascivious molestation is defined as follows:

Lewd or lascivious molestation is defined as: intentionally touching in a lewd or lascivious manner the breasts, genitals, genital area, or buttocks, or the clothing covering them, of a person less than 16 years of age, or forcing or enticing a person under 16 years of age to so touch the defendant. Florida Statutes, § 800.04.

edit on 22-5-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miracula

The law should be upheld to the fullest

I don't know about the fullest part.

18 and 14 doesn't even constitute statutory rape in my mind. A 30 something male and a 14 year old maybe.

She is not minor and should be prosecuted to the least allowable extent of the law for a first time violation.

And what if the 18 year old is a sexual abuse victim and doesn't understand the seriousness of her behavior as a result of abuse.

If we are going to say that we are going to prosecute her to the fullest extent of the law without considering the possibility that she herself might be a victim of sexual abuse then I think we should first start executing people who use force and coercion against people who are well beyond a four year age difference or put the idea of reintegrating them into society once their time in jail is served in the closet.

If we are going to prosecute her to the fullest extent of the law, should we not also prosecute Mormons who take their children to church every Sunday to learn how it is legal to manipulate 14 year old girls into marriage by promising to exalt their entire families into heaven by prophets whose prophecies about Mormon temples remaining in operation failed to come to pass.

The 14 year old IS a minor. The 18 year old, by all current standards, is old enough to decide on joining and fighting in the millitary. In many states, 18 was also the legal drinking age. 18 is considered adult in this country. 14 year olds are still considered children by many standards, and not old enough to make their own choices, but 18 year olds are. Just because it's next to 17, shouldn't make a difference. 17 year olds are tried as adults now. At 18, you have to ween yourself from the tit to make proper choices in life because you're on your own. There is no grace period. at 18 you are legal.

What if pedophiles are the same, which in many cases they are... Should they get a free ride? Or a one time chance?

There is a saying that ignorance of the law is no excuse. I dont always believe this but I guess there is some truth to it.

I would agree with the execution but unfortunatly our laws dont work that way. I'm all about getting rid of child abusers, rapist and peds, but the law says we have to throw them in jail and pay for their lives for the rest of their lives.

I dont believe any religion should manipulate children in any way shape or form for marriage, sex or otherwise. I also agree that these people should be delt with by the full extent of the law.

Once upon a time, thousands of years ago, I can see how a 14 year old were smarter and wiser for their age. Today it is different because we raise them to be children until they are older, and sometimes, unfortunatly much older. So yes, i do agree that age itself isnt the factor but how that person is raised. I can agree that the 18 year old might be raised as a mental 10 year old or so at the age of 18. My point is. The law is the law. You cant let some off just because and others not at all, especially if you're looking at gender and or whether or not they are gay/lesbian. Consinting or not. I had a "friend" I grew up around, knowing. he was 18 and even though the girl was consinting at 15, he went to prison for 20 years. Tell that guy that this one is getting off because of a little grey area, or a grace period just because...

Life isnt fair and in many cases, neither are laws.. but if one gets off , then they should all get off or all be delt with the same... Including judges, lawmakers and the children thereof.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
another case of ppl being bloody busybodies poking noses where they dont belong ... so what if the girls are lesbians its no ones damn business but their own ... far more serious problems there in the states to worry about and fix ... meh once again stupidity doesnt just run rampant in amerika it gallops ...

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Miracula

18 and 14 doesn't even constitute statutory rape in my mind.

So you'd be perfectly okay with an 18 year old male dating and sleeping with a 14 year old girl?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
Two Words.

Jury Nullification.

That's all you need to know.
Next!

Good going Grey, and a bump! You also spoke the two words anyone could
need to be permanently (and of course quietly) excluded from getting called
for jury duty! Hey it worked for me after 2002.
The last thing the criminals' justice system need are informed citizens as jurors.

On topic, this thread is really good subject matter for hair-splitting. I'm sorry-- I
couldn't help it. But a felony charge getting stalled until the alleged assailant is
old enough to sustain one is really suspicious for motive if there wasn't a victim.

If some subliminal puritanical agenda is at work here it isn't working... are we all
getting dragged off the baseball of some much more common and damaging act(s)
to an unwilling victim?? I think further expansion on the subject may be unnecessary.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
another case of ppl being bloody busybodies poking noses where they dont belong ... so what if the girls are lesbians its no ones damn business but their own ... far more serious problems there in the states to worry about and fix ... meh once again stupidity doesnt just run rampant in amerika it gallops ...

The sensationalist title makes a deal of them being lesbian lovers. The actual law looks at their ages. Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

How utterly ridiculous. As if High Schools form two lines with a little wall between them for those who have hit 18 and those who have not? It's absurd. Kids are Kids are Kids and inside that environment? They see each other as kids, as I recall. It's not the radical difference of kid vs. adults among the students themselves.

Bingo... I find it quite nauseating how everyone in this thread is getting all confused and mixed up based on 1 or 2 years of uncertainty in the ages. Was she really 18 or 17.... ooooh that single fact alone should decide her fate.
Lets just ignore the fact that the relationship was entirely consensual and both girls enjoyed the time they spent together.

I truly do hate society some times... with a deep passion. It's like we get so lost in stupid laws that we can no longer even just see obvious common sense things, our perspectives of right and wrong have become so warped and twisted because of this. Just because it's written as a law doesn't make it the morally correct thing. Laws differ all around the world.

Clearly these girls have done nothing wrong. Back when I was in high school there were countless relationships between younger students and senior students. Right out in the open, they weren't ashamed or anything and the teachers didn't seem to be bothered by it... to them we just all seemed like kids, and we were.

The only difference here is that the two students involved were of the same gender, so it has sparked more attention and controversy than the usual high school relationship. It's pathetic really, people just need to leave these girls alone and stop using their relationship as an excuse to carry out their personal vendettas.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
The only difference here is that the two students involved were of the same gender, so it has sparked more attention and controversy than the usual high school relationship. It's pathetic really, people just need to leave these girls alone and stop using their relationship as an excuse to carry out their personal vendettas.

Wait you mean like the kid in Florida who text his 15 year old girl friend, after he turned 18 and was nailed for the same crime? CNN

Or do you mean the California high school football player, Brian Banks, who was basically arrested for the same thing more or less. Since then, he was exonerated.

You are right...it is because they are lesbian because that is who it is only happening to...gay people. Get your head out of the sand. Besides...are you the parent of the minor? If not, then leave it up to them how they protect their child. I may not like the way the law is given its subjectivity, but it is still up to the parents to protect their minor child.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

What if pedophiles are the same

Dictionary definition of a child is below 14. Therefore pedophilia would be a sexual desire for someone below 14.

They are both young adults. One who has reached the age of majority. As long as we are going to put sex offenders back into society instead of executing them as China does and as military law calls for, you can bet that many of their victims have some diminished capability of understanding felony sexual conduct when dealing with ONLY a 4 year age gap in a society which does reintroduce people like Sandusky.

Sandusky this 18 year old adult is not.

I knew a science teacher in high school I respected who later had sex with a 15 year old. Lost his job, his wife, but I don't think he was charged with a felony. Mr. M I will call him. Mr. M, this is 18 year old is not. She is neither Sandusky, nor is she Mr. M. Nor is she according to a dictionary definition of pedophilia, a pedophile.

Nor did she use deceit, force, or manipulation. And don't get me wrong. I am not condoning her behavior. When I was 19 and in the Coast Guard I had 15 year old show an interest in me and even at that age I knew better. However, I think that the proper response her is to forbid the relationship, and if the older one who has reached the age of majority doesn't respect your wishes, then you go to the authorities.

Unless we plan on executing people like Mr. M and Sandusky, because I guarantee you that many of their victims might express an interest in a 14 year old at age 18. We don't know about her past sexual history. And that's what makes a felony record absurd without executing sex offenders involved in using force and coercion.

I think before we start charging 18 year old's with felonies for consensual sex in a mutual attraction we need to have some kind of swearing in ceremony like I had when I joined the military. A lot of people don't know when they pass that birthdate that the rules change. They might know that fondling their 4 year old sister is wrong, but they might not know that a 4 year age gap would constitute a felony. Even rationale, responsible young adults.

Forbid the relationship, advise the 18 year old of the law. If she disrespects your authority. Misdemeanor and community service.

edit on 23-5-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-5-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
Lets just ignore the fact that the relationship was entirely consensual and both girls enjoyed the time they spent together.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

There are laws against SEXUAL relations with underage people. If either girl admit to a sexual relationship then the law has been broken.

Dealing simply with probability a purely homosexual couple would seem to have larger age range gaps in pairing. In a state where homosexuals are forced to hide it would be simple coincidence in meeting and the age differences nearly random.

edit on 23-5-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
There are laws against SEXUAL relations with underage people

There are laws which forbid drug use, and yet we send soldiers to fight to protect free speech used to glorify it, like Cheech and Chong marijuana movies.

Cultivation is a felony.

Should we indict the POTUS as he fails to instruct congress to pass a law forbidding such movies.

Would the fact that soldiers fight and die to protect felony drug propaganda affect an 18 year olds ability to recognize the difference between a felony and a misdemeanors impact upon their future?

Of course it would!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Miracula

Why would you assume what I do or don't agree with on the subject of drug policy?

Seems like a stupid direction for a counter argument.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join