It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People's Annoying Avatars

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by enament
Here is an example of an annoying avatar. One similar made me stop reading because it hurt my eyes.

In the middle of the day not so bad ,an hour or two before bed and with a couple of beers not good.
edit on 22-5-2013 by enament because: (no reason given)

Thanks for triggering my migraine, lol

And for providing an example. Yes, I would scroll past that.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by B1rd1nFL1ghT

THANK YOU!!! Only the moving avatars with rapid movements side to side or up and down or rapidly flashing cause me problems similar to that illusion. I KNOW I am not alone.

Very few non-moving avatars cause me problems.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
Sorry but do you actually expect 100's of ATS members to go and change their animated avatars because YOU find them annoying?

Pretty selfish if you ask me:

You said:

So because of a few people I should hide everyone's avatar

because of ONE person (you) why should we all change our avatars?

I hope my avatar is the most annoying one you have seen, I actually hope it was mine that made you create this thread!

Hey..

The OP just wanted to rant. There's nothing wrong with. Is there?

He can't stand annoying optical illusion-avatars, we gave him a couple suggestion and he's just going to have to live with it. end

No need to turn everything into a discussion. Let the man rant...

@OP: I agree, those avatars are annoying. C'est la vie.

Peace

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Hey, Bros.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Something like this would make it difficult for me to read, this is mild compared to some I have seen annoyance while trying to read about a 7.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

There's one that I find utterly distasteful. It's the Twin Towers falling. I just imagine 3,000 people dying every time it falls. To each his own I guess.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime

Originally posted by roughycannon
Sorry but do you actually expect 100's of ATS members to go and change their animated avatars because YOU find them annoying?

Pretty selfish if you ask me:

You said:

So because of a few people I should hide everyone's avatar

because of ONE person (you) why should we all change our avatars?

I hope my avatar is the most annoying one you have seen, I actually hope it was mine that made you create this thread!

Hey..

The OP just wanted to rant. There's nothing wrong with. Is there?

He can't stand annoying optical illusion-avatars, we gave him a couple suggestion and he's just going to have to live with it. end

No need to turn everything into a discussion. Let the man rant...

@OP: I agree, those avatars are annoying. C'est la vie.

Peace

Thank you. I appreciate your suggestion about using the escape button I will remember that in the future.
People need to understand the fact that these bug me when trying to read is NOT something I am able to help. I do like a lot of them.Just not when trying to read.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by iunlimited491
Hey, Bros.

I'm glad thats all you typed. Your avatar is about a 5-6 out of ten I have seen worse.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
I guess the funny little "Hide Member Avatars" button in your profile setup is broken?

Because if it's not, you're ranting over something you have control over.

So true but then we would miss the good ones :-)

Some make me dizzy, I love the one with the kitty that jumps from the airplane though! never get tired of that one!

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pladuim
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread948812/pg1#pid16425086]post by

You must really love my avatar.

Feel free to skip my posts, I don't care.

Pladuim
edit on 22-5-2013 by Pladuim because: (no reason given)

Yours is another I really like and it does not bother my eyes!

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

The absolute best way I can describe how some peoples avatars make me react, basically its exactly like trying to read a text wall,it distracts me that bad.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miracula

Originally posted by enament
Ok I have been keeping this to myself for a long time,someones avatar just set me off. It is so annoying when you are scrolling down a post and you are trying to read a post and the avatar is either animated (moving) or an optical illusion.

A message to those with annoying avatars.

Ok so you want an annoying avatar, so do you realize I almost never read your posts because either I cant focus enough to read or it bugs my eyes and I don't read it at all.

Fast moving avatars or avatars moving from side to side or up and down rapidly especially are extremely annoying.

Mind trick optical illusions can also be extremely distracting if you are trying to read.

Please stop using annoying avatars so that I can read your posts THANK YOU!

I wonder if you might be a high functioning, intelligent autistic.

Maybe you are more sensitive to sensory overload than most. PTSD maybe?

And those avatars set you off because the movement triggers areas in your mind that are involved in defense against aggressors.

There seems to be many people who have this problem, I am one of them. I believe it has to do with differences in eyesight. I wear contacts, I have one eye set for reading and one for distance and all is great until a fast moving object sits off in my peripheral vision.
This causes a feeling of motion sickness and I have to put my hand over the avatar to read that post.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
You mean to tell me you don't like my avatar?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
does this bother you then good because i know a song that will get on your nerves get on your nerves get on your nerves get on your nerves .

i know a song that will get on your nerves get on your nerves get on your nerves get get on your nerves [ all together now ] .

i know a song that will get on your nerves get on your nerves get on your nerves get on your nerves .

get on your nerves get on your nerves .

i know a song that will get on your nerves get on your nerves get on your nerves get get get on your nerves .

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

I do like your avatar and don't find it bad enough to cause problems.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by billdadobbie

I don't have a problem with yours either.I don't really know how to take your response, My first guess that came into my mind, is your a teenager or just hit puberty.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

o so wrong on both counts i am a 36-24-36 stunning blond honest

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

That pic is super cool.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
reply to post by enament

That pic is super cool.

LOL there you go just don't wright long sentences.If you wrote paragraphs I wouldn't be able to read it for long It would be just as hard as reading a text wall, here is an example or an avatar that gave me a hard time reading.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

I posted that piano avatar in the avatar creations thread along with this one just to make your day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join