It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

String Theory, Discovered "error correcting codes" and Christianity (An Imaginative Response)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

If you cant explain it, you are literally guessing whether an event is a coincidence, magic or just an illusion of either.

Your reasoning sounds a lot like a ancient cave dwellers...let's not investigate whether the lightning striking is an act of normal natural happening or whether it is an act of God. Let's just marvel at it never the less.

If your aim is to propose that people are sheep and need not know the truth...they believe it what ever it is...than you are right. But should it be that way...?

You say it doesn't matter. How is that? Does it matter to you to believe in something that's "real" or it makes no difference to you ?

Should you jump up and down and make sacrifices to your God because something "magical" happened, or should we try to understand it. I guess if you believe in God...you need not understand anything.

Ah...the beauty of true believers...all makes sense...'cos God did it.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by Revolution9

Here is one of the major flaws in religion.
Most think that Science is evil.
When Science is just the study of nature.

However what they don't realize is that eventually Science will find and prove that God exists.
It's just a matter of time.

Yes it is. It neither good nor evil, but evil and good work there in as that is the nature of nature as it stands.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
What happens if Jesus turns up, does something INCREDIBLE in front of your eyes like flashes forward 50 feet grabs an apple from a tree, waves to you and flashes back to you and hands you the apple. Amazing display of Gods power right?

...Then years later a scientist finds how to make a matter transporter and recreates the same amazing feet, did Jesus use his "hacking" of the universe to do it, or did he just use the same method as the scientist?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution9

Originally posted by tridentblue

So, by studying science we can become closer to God? I like that idea a lot.

Yes, truely! Many scientists have found God through Science. It is very BIG my friend. Wow!

Case in point. Head of the Genome Project.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
I know if I had the choice to jump into some code I'd written that involved dudes murdering each other and war and death and poverty and crime and sickness and misery and stuff, I wouldn't go "Hey guys, come to my facebook and like my crucifixion. I'll tell admin you're top blokes and we can go to heaven aye? Hows about it?" and then have myself killed on purpose to allow the pixels to enter into the video card.

No, I'd be minecrafting towers of safety and giving redstone to everyone.

Jesus sounds like a prick.

all that processing power and all he did was fish and bread. oh and wine.

nah, he couldn't code to save his life. Literally.

That is probably not the best way to please The Master Programmer.

To you, Jesus is a prick right now because that is how you perceive Him. That might change one day?

To me you are just another guy. GOD forgives! He forgave Moses for killing the Egyptian and forgave St, Paul for persecuting Christians.
Don't worry, mate! What's done is done. Just keep going forward. That is all any of us can do. I aint your enemy and I even gave you a star because atleast you felt passionately enough to bother writing here. Cool as!

Between you and me I aint been no saint either!

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
What happens if Jesus turns up, does something INCREDIBLE in front of your eyes like flashes forward 50 feet grabs an apple from a tree, waves to you and flashes back to you and hands you the apple. Amazing display of Gods power right?

...Then years later a scientist finds how to make a matter transporter and recreates the same amazing feat, did Jesus use his "hacking" of the universe to do it, or did he just use the same method as the scientist?

I should also add that, any feat performed now however insanely amazing and how it ignores rules we know of currently - is instantly a sham the day man works out how to do it too?

I saw my dad pull his thumb off when i was 3 and thought he was magic, i couldnt explain it and i was very excited, now i know he was just fooling me with an illusion, does that make me hate him for it now, sure its not funny as it was then but he wouldnt attempt that trick for the first time on a man of my years because it wouldn't "work".

If your faith is weak enough you must rely on defining magical, mystical events to back you up, sounds like you are concentrating on the wrong things in your faith to begin with.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Originally posted by tridentblue

So, by studying science we can become closer to God? I like that idea a lot.

Yes, truely! Many scientists have found God through Science. It is very BIG my friend. Wow!

Case in point. Head of the Genome Project.

Thanks for that. I watched the whole thing. He's right as far as my mind can see. So are you.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
5% of scientists are religious. Scientists have no explanation why this number is so high.

Although in USA, we sadly have a slightly higher number - 7%. This is more easily explained.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by tridentblue

Yes, that is the basic idea. The God the OP is talking about is the God of Spinoza and Einstein, not the false God worshiped by many Christians that is used as an excuse for hatred, destruction and killing.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

...Then years later a scientist finds how to make a matter transporter and recreates the same amazing feat, did Jesus use his "hacking" of the universe to do it, or did he just use the same method as the scientist?

I should also add that, any feat performed now however insanely amazing and how it ignores rules we know of currently - is instantly a sham the day man works out how to do it too?

I saw my dad pull his thumb off when i was 3 and thought he was magic, i couldnt explain it and i was very excited, now i know he was just fooling me with an illusion, does that make me hate him for it now, sure its not funny as it was then but he wouldnt attempt that trick for the first time on a man of my years because it wouldn't "work".

If your faith is weak enough you must rely on defining magical, mystical events to back you up, sounds like you are concentrating on the wrong things in your faith to begin with.

Illusion and miracle again! Two different things. I have seen both in my own life many times and can make a distinction.

Science amazes me. It is here because it is the study of all that is Creation as it appears physically and objectively before our limitted focus eyes.

More and more we learn and our focus sees further and deeper into The Mystery. It is unfolding. However, The Creator will and does step in if it looks like we are going to take the whole thing out with what we do. Be assured. It is not written in The Program that way.

This is great. I only cracked this today. It was that deleted thread that did it. I was almost there before, but that just flicked all the pieces together in an instant flash of blinding light.

That was my experience this morning, recorded live here on ATS for you guys. I am so glad you crazy people are here to question it all like this.
edit on 22-5-2013 by Revolution9 because: spelling.

edit on 22-5-2013 by Revolution9 because: spelling.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
reply to post by tridentblue

Yes, that is the basic idea. The God the OP is talking about is the God of Spinoza and Einstein, not the false God worshiped by many Christians that is used as an excuse for hatred, destruction and killing.

That's HIM! You got it!!!

YHWH of The Burning Bush, lol! That was a great bit of code, LORD!

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I know if I had the choice to jump into some code I'd written that involved dudes murdering each other and war and death and poverty and crime and sickness and misery and stuff, I wouldn't go "Hey guys, come to my facebook and like my crucifixion. I'll tell admin you're top blokes and we can go to heaven aye? Hows about it?" and then have myself killed on purpose to allow the pixels to enter into the video card.

I read that wrong, haha. Oh if god is so mad bro he can 404 me then. deary me, is he still using win3.11 and internet explorer?

To you, Jesus is a prick right now because that is how you perceive Him. That might change one day?

Why would it? He supposedly came to earth, saw the suffering, saw the blood shed in his fathers name, saw that humans were sinners and sinful, and instead of waving his magic wand and creating paradise, he let the humans kill him, and said "Forgive them..." as he left them to suffer in their filth for the next 2000 years.

Why would I want to praise someone who is supposed to have magical powers, the gift to create life, or take it, and how can see that all around him is suffering, and who walks away from it saying "Love me and I'll make it happen after you die."

Why would I want to give any credit to such a charlatan? A schemer. A scammer.

I don't perceive 'him' - I've read about him in this book humans wrote, called the bible. It proves he was a prick, he even wouldn't help a mother and her starving child as they were not of his 'people'..

To me you are just another guy. GOD forgives! He forgave Moses for killing the Egyptian and forgave St, Paul for persecuting Christians.
Don't worry, mate! What's done is done. Just keep going forward. That is all any of us can do. I aint your enemy and I even gave you a star because atleast you felt passionately enough to bother writing here. Cool as!

We're all just 'another guy'. or gal. That's all we are. How do you know god forgives?

Why are we suffering eternal life on earth if we don't submit our love to this god? How is that forgiveness? How is that love or being fatherly?

No, god is not forgiving. If he exists, he is malevolent and sinister.

Apart from forgiving fictional characters in a book of contradiction, who has god forgiven? hitler? obama? gillard?

Ron the thug up the road who used to beat up hippies? Did got forgive him? How do you know?

God gives ponies to little baby angels too. We just have to have faith that he does.

edit on 22-5-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kharron
5% of scientists are religious. Scientists have no explanation why this number is so high.

Although in USA, we sadly have a slightly higher number - 7%. This is more easily explained.

These kind of statistics are a bit misleading. Saying that 5% are religious, it implies that 95% are atheists. That is totally not the case. There is a lot of gray area between "religious" and "atheist" and a large bulk of scientists fall between the two.

As long as there are mysteries in the design of our universe, it is very unscientific to rule out anything, including the possibilities of there being designers. I think most scientifically minded people are mature enough to understand that.

Interestingly enough, when you look up blogs from scientists respected in their fields, their comments are filled with that scientist's peers. They are the most open minded posts and discussions when it comes to alternative energy, life after death, etc. It's when you have a forum full of people who like to fancy themselves "scientists"... that's when you get all sorts of close-minded detractors.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I've never agreed with science being used to push Christianity's agenda, specifically when it uses science to justify all sorts of atrocious acts. Don't even think about using objective observation and analysis as a vindicator of "God"s crimes against humanity.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

As a guy who believes as Jesus Christ did about the nature of the Universe I do think the physicists are onto something.

Yeah I stopped reading/taking-anything-you-said-seriously riiiiiiiiight about here ^

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
Psalm 19:1

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14:1

It's everywhere, even in you. You certainly don't need blind faith, God reveals Himself in absolutely all of the universe, and in every tiny thing.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by FollowTheWhiteRabbit

weren't you the one that was claiming that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence in another thread....about aliens I think...

Please apply your reasoning on all aspects of your life...not just the ones the fit your current view of things.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I read that wrong, haha. Oh if god is so mad bro he can 404 me then. deary me, is he still using win3.11 and internet explorer?

Why would it? He supposedly came to earth, saw the suffering, saw the blood shed in his fathers name, saw that humans were sinners and sinful, and instead of waving his magic wand and creating paradise, he let the humans kill him, and said "Forgive them..." as he left them to suffer in their filth for the next 2000 years.

Why would I want to praise someone who is supposed to have magical powers, the gift to create life, or take it, and how can see that all around him is suffering, and who walks away from it saying "Love me and I'll make it happen after you die."

Why would I want to give any credit to such a charlatan? A schemer. A scammer.

I don't perceive 'him' - I've read about him in this book humans wrote, called the bible. It proves he was a prick, he even wouldn't help a mother and her starving child as they were not of his 'people'..

We're all just 'another guy'. or gal. That's all we are. How do you know god forgives?

Why are we suffering eternal life on earth if we don't submit our love to this god? How is that forgiveness? How is that love or being fatherly?

No, god is not forgiving. If he exists, he is malevolent and sinister.

Apart from forgiving fictional characters in a book of contradiction, who has god forgiven? hitler? obama? gillard?

Ron the thug up the road who used to beat up hippies? Did got forgive him? How do you know?

God gives ponies to little baby angels too. We just have to have faith that he does.

edit on 22-5-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

I only know what has been written in the instruction manual and the knowledge I gather from that. God told us all He forgives if we repent;

"If they will turn again that I might heal them"!

Your words are cynical. You have not acted in the spirit of this thread. I asked you not to attack me and you did. Well I think that you have a lot to learn in this world and God will teach you the easy or the hard way. Don't matter to me which way that is.

I am a really happy person who has lots of good vibes in my life. I have a family that love me and many musical friends all over the world. God rewards me with beauty every day of my life. I live in a beautiful place. I have a beautiful girlfriend (and many female friends of REAL loyalty). That is because I try hard and give out loving good vibes!

Reap as you sow, Amigo! In this life and in the next, bro!
edit on 23-5-2013 by Revolution9 because: spelling.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kody27

As a guy who believes as Jesus Christ did about the nature of the Universe I do think the physicists are onto something.

Yeah I stopped reading/taking-anything-you-said-seriously riiiiiiiiight about here ^

What an ignorant man you are to write a one liner like that. Why bother coming here. Answer me?

How can you claim to have any gifts of insight or knowledge to offer any other human being when you act so ignorantly? Tell me please...

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kody27

What an ignorant man you are to write a one liner like that. Why bother coming here. Answer me?

How can you claim to have any gifts of insight or knowledge to offer any other human being when you act so ignorantly? Tell me please...

First off I'm not acting, and it's not ignorant. I'm being serious. Anyone who believes in Jesus Christ as God is a complete idiot and shouldn't be taken seriously. If you start out a post saying you believe in Jesus Christ, nothing you say afterwards has any merit, because that immediately lets me know what kind of person you are. You are the type of person that will embrace a religious dogma based on fear or dependance, or the misplaced desire for outside guidance from a delusional cult. If you do not have guidance from within already, and require a religion such as Christianity to guide you, then you're automatically off of the scientific merit list.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join