It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looters target tornado victims

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Looters should be put in chains and made to work cleaning up and rebuilding the area 16 hours a day for a year.

Long live the looters chain gang.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Nope! The child could then master shaolin kung fun and come avenge his parents death.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

Community service as a minimum. ( jail costs the taxpayer )

Firstly though, the victims of the looters, should be take to the perpetrators house/s.
And be allowed to troll through their personal possessions, taking whatever they feel could help to rebuild.

Fair is fair.

Scum is scum !

Ed; even if there is nothing that appeals, some selections should be made for a charity of their choosing.
edit on 22-5-2013 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   

It is disgusting, yes, but come on people, calling for executions in the street with no legal process?

I can get that things are emotive, and I would have a hard time not beating one of those a-holes with something heavy if I caught them looting, but lets not go completely defective and start suggesting people should be gunned down in the street for stealing - that is what it is, after all.

People are being a little too emotive here without thinking about what they are calling for.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
Looters should be put in chains and made to work cleaning up and rebuilding the area 16 hours a day for a year.

So, much like the system you already have of community service for lesser crimes?

This is what is already done in a lot of cases. But there are also other things to consider... what if the people there don't want these people helping them after they have been prosecuted? What if they're not needed there because there are so many volunteers already?

And this is when you end up moving prisoners to other areas to do different things, but they're still serving the community as part of their punishment, so it's still fair.

People seem to think they have a unique perspective on justice, but these are things that are already done to teach people a lesson and get them to pay back for what they did. These notions are not new or strange.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
This is why, Americans own guns, and want to keep there guns. You cant be niave to think that everything is peachy, and everyone is there to help after a disaster like this. First thing I would do in this situation is set up a system for knowing who is in the devistated area, cleaning, salvaging, helping. Other people need to leave

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by innersollus
shoot them

^^^^^^^ what he said!

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Echo007

I think anyone who is caught should Not Only do Several Thousand Hours of Community Service BUT should Also be sentenced to HARD LABOR Cleaning up the wreckage until ALL of the Victims are Satisfied that it is Cleaned up well enough and they are Happy with it.

edit on 22-5-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Those aren't looters, those are trespassing thieves. It's not Katrina and that place isn't a Wal-Mart. Those piles of stuff on the ground still count as private residences. Just...not up to code at the moment, after being eaten by clouds.

Truly disgusting that people would disrespect victims like that. It's dishonorable. I think the penalty should be that if these parasites have a house to live in, they should lose it for the victims of the tornado.
edit on 22-5-2013 by Sandalphon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013

It is disgusting, yes, but come on people, calling for executions in the street with no legal process?

Do you happen to know scum of the earth like the scum of the video? Why show pity?

If it were a stupid kid or teen doing the looting there would be grace but these guys are scum on private property. If the house was upright, if they got killed would there be a problem?

They went out of their way to pillage the village. If they act like pirates, they can get killed and I wouldn't miss them. A hundred towns that didn't get attacked by a storm from hell but they are picking on the broken town. This is the same scum that would rob a blind woman and take the ring off a corpse, and probably steal bread from a starving child.

They would also be looking for identity documents so they could defraud the disaster aid people into getting money. Wasn't it nice that they only got arrested?
edit on 22-5-2013 by Sandalphon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
First i haven't heard of any looting (I am in NW OKC)...looting after a disaster is rare in oklahoma....after the bombing, other tornados, etc....You just don't hear about it. I am sure it happens. These guys were arrested and it's probably isolated and I am sure it has happened in the others, but again, isolated....not the mass rioting we have seen.

And I am going to be SUPER politicially incorrect, but looking at him...I am going to say "illegal alien" or at the very least, "ya not from around here are ya". Because frankly he is probably lucky the cops got him...because he might very well have been harshly physically detained, (if not shot) by the local residents.

While somewhat increasing in popularity, the gang look isn't real popular around OK. Hard working people, law abiding, God fearing, regardless of Race/Ethnicity/Religious flavor.......good citizenship is kind of common trait around OK, especially after times like this.

As Sweet Brown would say, "nobody got time for dat!!".

If you don't know who sweet brown is...go youtube her......local OKC lady.......

PS........I didn't watch the vid, what was he stealing.....because to me grabbing a bottle of water or candy bar in the debris isn't really "looting".......
edit on 22-5-2013 by SrWingCommander because: PS

edit on 22-5-2013 by SrWingCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Just watched.....probably looking for drugs...which means probably a gang member or "wanna be".....innocent till proven guilty and fair trial and all that..........then shoot em'........

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SrWingCommander

PS........I didn't watch the vid, what was he stealing.....because to me grabbing a bottle of water or candy bar in the debris isn't really "looting".......
edit on 22-5-2013 by SrWingCommander because: PS

edit on 22-5-2013 by SrWingCommander because: (no reason given)

I agree that picking up a bottle of water or a candy bar isn't "true" looting but what were they doing there in the first place? Did they have a house in the area that was destroyed? If they didn't then they had no business being there unless they were First Responders I think the term is? And they certainly don't look like members of any form of Search and Rescue/Fire/Police/Medical/FEMA teams!
I am not from Oklahoma, not even America, but when I see things like this happening to people whose lives have been destroyed it boils my blood, I am not a violent person but I could quite easily plant a fist in a face in this situation!

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Humanity at its finest... www.philly.com...

People travelling across county for the chance to take even more life and energy from people that are already suffering.

When I read stuff like this it makes me think the planet needs a reset.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join