It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer Threatens To Beat Up Man And Plant Cocaine On Him - Video

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

I get the impression he work for the cops boss. I hear him say you want me to tell the boss.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I worked with a crew at a 4 day music festival a few years ago, they were all party animals. One of the nights they had two off duty female police partying with them, coc-aine was on the menu and the ladies partook. Two days later the same police girls were on duty at the festival, they approached our team leader and asked him to get them some coc-aine, he refused, they protested and threatened to arrest him on drug charges saying they knew he had coke and he'd better share it. Unbeknownst to them the guy had filmed them hoofing the charlie up their snouts on his cell phone at the party two night previously, when he informed them of this they just turned and walked away in disgust. It pays to document the activities of your local law enforcement officers.

edit on 22-5-2013 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Hmm, how long before "OFFICERS" actually beat up men and plants?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

That guy better be carefull. I'd guess the cops are not going to be pleased about this video. They will use any excuse for revenge.

Sadly you are most likely correct. I have personally dealt with this type of issue (slightly different circumstances) and it would be foolish to believe that this officer and his colleagues will not have a vendetta against this person and his associates...it's time for damage control and bringing down the makers of the video will be part of the process.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SQUEALER

The police need thugs like this on the force.

No they do not need "thugs" like this on the force, not only is he a thug, he is an idiot.

You've got to set a thug to catch a thug.

No, in my opinion that logic is flawed. I rather a trained professional who follows the code he is sworn to to catch a thug than another equally thuggish moron with a gun and a badge "protecting" the community.

The problem is that there's not enough bad guys out there in the general population, to keep these guys occupied, so the police thugs end up harassing decent folk.

I am not sure where you are from but I am familiar with this area and there are plenty of real criminals to keep these officers busy, I am not saying the kid in this video is completely innocent of any wrong doing leading up to this video but there is no excuse for this officer's actions. The victim of the bullying in this video may not be what you want to consider "decent folk" but there are plenty of decent folk who receive the same treatment.

When there's a really rough situation, and the police have to respond, they are not going to send in their nicest and mild mannered cops. They are going to send in the ones that relish in thuggery.

I am not trying to be difficult by dissecting your post, but what "really tough situation" were these police sent to? From what I have seen from local reporting is that the police have been harrassing the occupants of this residence for weeks now which is what lead to the video camera being set up.

There should never be officers on the force who "relish in thuggery".

So, give the thug a break.

If I had my way the thug would be getting way more than a "break".

Time might come when you need him to fend off another thug.

The Police have never ONCE been there for me when I needed them, and I can fend of thugs on my own without the help of this crooked scum.

If the time comes when I need the likes of this officer to help me, we now know hell has frozen over.

In conclusion please do not think this post was meant to be confrontational or against you as a person, I just disagreed with a few things you had to say. That being said I also agreed with a couple things too.

Cheers.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Slugworth

I viewed the video a few times and also thought that perhaps he said "disappear" instead of "#ing appear" but my opinion is that the translation from the Star is correct. Other portions of the conversation indicate that he was implying that he can plant drugs.

When he said "three bags full", my interpretation was that he was trying to belittle him in reference to a grocery boy of some sort...but that is just my perception which certainly could be incorrect.

Your interpretation could certainly be true though, I wouldn't put anything past this cop and his colleagues, there there is probably much more to this story than we are aware of.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

This is precisely why we don't need gun control! I'm a firm believer in "what goes around comes around" and with cops like this someday "the chickens will come home to roost" in who knows what or how many ways. Cripes...they already have gangs in LA putting hits on cops.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
That guy better be carefull. I'd guess the cops are not going to be pleased about this video. They will use any excuse for revenge.

I was thinking the same thing. I just read through the article and about choked when i read this one line from the police dept.

Selby of Durham police said the force did not receive any public complaints about the video

of course they didn't recieve any complaints didn't they hear what the man told the guy

I would think he should have had more done then just losing a day of pay. Though its been my experience that cops "watch out for one another" I think that far exceeds just watching their backs for physical danger. I work with a former cop at work and he exhibits the same behavior as most of the cops I have known. Always using the same excuse of "You don't know what it's like till you know what they go through" i'm like wtf does that have to do with beating someone or being a jerk?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
My thoughts. I don't know why the cop was so arrogant to the guy but maybe the guy was a thug, a druggy or just a problem offender. So I can give cops some leeway on delaing with losers. Thats the thing, they deal with the dregs of society and that wears on you and then they sometimes take that approach with average citizens. A person has basically done nothing wrong or made a slight misdemeanor and they argue with the cop and the cop goes ballistic on them. That shouldn't happen. Thats the cops resonsibility to be professional and to show respect to citizens just like they should be respected.
But when you have a bad cop, you have to get rid of them. Don't have other cops close ranks and protect the SOB. And any settlement from a cops wrong doing should come directly from the departments pension fund, not the department, not the township county or city, not insurance. When cops see themselves paying for bad behavior with reduced benefits they'll help get rid of the problem guys.
The officers conduct was enough to have him be fired, IMO.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I've dealt with cops like that even here in little old New Brunswick. Actually R.C.M.P. is even worse. Granted, we don't know the whole story, but clearly the officer threatens the guy, threatens to plant coc aine on him, and also threatens to file fake charges of assault against him.

I recall when i was a teenager, walking off my back porch, through the wooded trail towards the park, to meet some friends. I'm still i nmy backyard, technically, when a cop pulls into one of the driveways, runs over, and starts yelling at me asking what I'm doing, where I'm going, etc etc. As I was still in my yard, I told him such politely, and continued on my way.

Not three weeks later, while waiting outside a store I just purchased some food from, for a drive because it was raining, he pulls up and tells me I have to leave because I'm tresspassing. I told him, no, I'm not, I just purchased this food and I'm waiting for a taxi. He tells me the store owner called because i'm "harrassing customers" and I said no, I'm not, I've been here all of 5 minutes, and he never asked me to leave. He starts getting angry.

Then I made the mistake. I asked for his badge number to file a harrassment complaint. Guess what? He told me he didn't have one, and his name was Constable McGruff... yes. the damn crime dog. Anyhoo, I copied down the car number and filed the complaint anyways.

Thus started the saga of me being taken to the police station anytime someones dog farted in town.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

When he said "three bags full", my interpretation was that he was trying to belittle him in reference to a grocery boy of some sort

Considering that he specifically mentions drugs elsewhere in the conversation it is a bit of a stretch for me to believe the bags he is referring to are grocery bags. It you ask a drug dealer for "three bags" he is not going to need clarification on whether you mean drug bags or grocery bags.

I went looking for an article that I saw yesterday that described the larger drug-bust operation that this guy managed to slip through while his associates were busted. I couldn't find it, but I did come across another article about Toronto police corruption The thing that stood out about it was that their chief was actually condemning his own officers. I am more accustomed to seeing the chief making excuses for the officers, regardless of how unbecoming their behavior was.

“If you want to be an idiot, you don’t get to be an idiot in our uniform, you don’t get to be an idiot diminishing our organization and you cannot hide behind the badge to abuse the authority so carefully earned and so carefully used by all of us,” Blair says at one point.........“The problem with these video clips is not that they were captured on video,” Blair says in the message. “The problem lies in the behaviour. It’s the behaviour which damages our service; it’s the behaviour that damages your relationship with the people of Toronto.”........He goes on to say that, as chief, the buck stops with him, and that he’s prepared to hold his men and women accountable for their actions. He goes further, though, prodding officers to speak up when they see others abusing their authority. “You have a responsibility to say ‘That’s not consistent with my values, that’s not the police service I want to belong to,’” he says, adding that while supervisors and unit commanders have their own special roles, the duty lies with all members, regardless of their rank........“We are the victims of their ignorance and I want the people in our organization who believe that they are somehow entitled to abuse the authority so carefully earned by all of us, they have no right to do that,” he says.

source

The whole statement seems to echo what so many people say and think when a dirty cop is caught on video: Why do the good cops let these guys exist? Why do moral cops give support to immoral cops, despite the damage that the immoral cops do to their collective reputation? Why do their superiors defend their corrupt actions, thus making his whole department look corrupt? It seems that the Toronto chief has had enough, and wants his officers to know it.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Slugworth

Your interpretation could certainly be true...as I mentioned...there is a lot of room for speculation on what was actually said and the context of which it was said.

And as for the Toronto Police Chief having his hands full, think about he Mayor

( Toronto mayor Ford is currently viral on YouTube smoking crack coc aine
)

By the way, the Durham Region Police are a seperate entity than the Toronto Police. In Canada we have the RCMP, some provinces have their own provincial forces such as Ontario and their OPP, and most cities have their own individual police forces as well. They work togeter but they take orders from different people from what I am aware of.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Cameras and mics mandatory on all cops and cruisers now! There is no reason not to do it other than protecting the thugs.

Any PD's have any integrity in this fascist oligarchy? Then do it now.

Naw, they're busy too crowing about how they won't enforce laws if the don't like them. The ironic thing is, some idiots cheer them as heroes when they do that. So what other laws don't they like to enforce? The truth is, they decide on the spot which laws they want to enforce.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
This is what happens when they amp up on those maple syrup energy drinks.

The first mistake was when the officer began the speech by looking at his feet. The second he took that first breath was a sign he was going to lose it. I don't know, maybe the house he approached was full of pong and he caught a whiff of something that went to his head, maybe it's 30 minutes before his lunch-time when blood sugar is low and they get impossible to reason with. Maybe this was the 50th time he had to go to that house. It looks like it would be. Those residents look like they're into all kinds of no good.

When police start talking like that it's an indication that they don't want to work as a police officer anymore. They want to go back to their soldier life or something, where all their neighbors followed the rules. He wasted his time smack talking the two guys who can't dress themselves.

The sad thing is, he cares about them. If he didn't care, he wouldn't threaten them, he would just go plant stuff on them. Worse, he'd have a criminal do it for him in exchange for less time served. The worst, he'd kill them with a gun used in a crime that was confiscated, and throw some foreign money on the body, make it look like a mob hit. Oh, wait, maybe he is like that. Maybe the threat was because these two slobs were like that. Which is why the arrest isn't happening just the trash talk, on video.

Scrutinizing the video, wasn't one of those slobs being accused of having a fake identity? "Itzak (last name), no you're not." So all those threats were balanced on that point.

Embroidery, it's the embroidery going to their head.
edit on 22-5-2013 by Sandalphon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

lol, I did see that bit about the mayor and his party habits. If things don't work out for him maybe the Toronto police chief should run for the office.

Maybe its a different culture for the police in Canada, but at least here in the US a chief encouraging his officers to snitch on each other is almost unheard of. I would assume that it is rare in Canada as well. The police code seems to be that a cop who testifies or brings evidence against another cop is a rat, and a rats is not to be trusted or respected. There are plenty of examples where the police were CLEARLY out of line and their superiors stick up for them, or where an officer is finally caught doing something bad (dealing drugs, pimping, etc) and you have to wonder how he could have been doing that all this time without his fellow officers knowledge. It seems like a chief encouraging his officers to report on fellow officers is an admirable and long-overdue step, so good for him. If he ran for mayor I would vote for him based on that alone.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Demons are real.

Demons with hyper inflated egos bent on trying to make their penis's bigger. I am of course, talking about these types of cops. It's more then a power trip. These people are pure evil and they lack conscious. This is the sad reality of it all.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
ontario...the place to go..
and get planted

this kind of thing must stop..
this man was being totally respectful even when they cop was way out of line..

i posted this to my fb, saying that this man showed great restraint and control of himself when dealing with such an aggressive foe.
because if that was me, i would have only been able to take so much i think..

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The videos audio is pretty bad. We dont know what transpired before this happened, in other words where is the rest of the video or did he start filming at that point?

I cant imagine how a video that shows one side of the story gets considered as evidence. The recent stream of videos is like reading a book with 50 percent of the pages torn out.
edit on 22-5-2013 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

The videos audio is pretty bad. We dont know what transpired before this happened, in other words where is the rest of the video?

What could have possibly happened that would justify a threat of planting evidence? Is there any reason for a law-abiding officer to suggest that?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher
The videos audio is pretty bad. We dont know what transpired before this happened, in other words where is the rest of the video or did he start filming at that point?

I cant imagine how a video that shows one side of the story gets considered as evidence. The recent stream of videos is like reading a book with 50 percent of the pages torn out.
edit on 22-5-2013 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

Could you think of any scenario leading up to that video that would justify the officer's actions?

I sure can't.

People (not necessarily you, but people in general) should stop automatically assuming that since the cop looks like he is in the wrong that there MUST be more to the story, since police officers are always right, and can do no wrong

edit on 5/22/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join