It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Transhumanism arrives, I would let Aritificial Intelligence do "SOME" of my thinking for me

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

Originally posted by dominicus
We're all only using 3-7% of our brains.

I heard it was 10%
and that turned out to be a myth
Humans use 100 percent of their brains--despite the popular myth

That article is Pure BS. Here's why. 10% of our brain is Neurons, the rest is glial cells. The other reason why is here:

See this thread I stared a month ago:
Evolution, both Physical and Spiritual, is now in our hands. GMO Babies already Born

To make a synapse of a couple arguments from the tread above:
Autistic Savants who can count enormous numbers, play a song back after hearing once, and have incredible abilities .....actually have parts of their brains that light up under scans, that the general population doesn't have access to.

Also same goes for Enlightened Meditators. Certain parts of the brain are lit up that no one else in gen-pop has lit up.

Which goes to show. Genetically modify newborns for this access or create helmets that start to activate the dormant brain sections, and we'll all start accessing Savant-Like abilities and Spiritual Enlightenment. Imagine the Utopian society we'd reach then.

Also if we use 100% of our brains like that article proposes, which I think is BS, the why not put Kim Kardashian on the same pedestal that Stephen Hawking is on, or Einstein for that matter?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

A.I. scares me. Our minds would be inferior to any computer built. However, if we do truly have some sort of Chi energy or life energy, then we may be able to control our A.I. friends. I would not do it unless I felt it was safe.

Tony Stark surely regretted creating Ultron, right?

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   

There is one huge problem with transhumanism

Possibly the genetic enhancements will cost a lot, especially at first.

Looking at the current situation, many people dislike "the 1%" as they have gathered themselves too much world´s resourches.

Now imagine the same situation, only with them being faster, stronger, more intelligent, more creative etc etc - superhumans compared to the rest 99%.

It is a matter of time when this could happen, although this possibly has too harsh consequences as it will create too high inequality between the wealthy and poor, even more than it is currently.
edit on 7-6-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cabin

There is one huge problem with transhumanism

Possibly the genetic enhancements will cost a lot, especially at first.

Looking at the current situation, many people dislike "the 1%" as they have gathered themselves too much world´s resourches.

Now imagine the same situation, only with them being faster, stronger, more intelligent, more creative etc etc - superhumans compared to the rest 99%.

It is a matter of time when this could happen, although this possibly has too harsh consequences as it will create too high inequality between the wealthy and poor, even more than it is currently.
edit on 7-6-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

Well just look at Iphones. WHen they first came out, if you had one you had tons of people jealous/envious of you, lines out the door to get one, it became the "In" thing to have, I admit, I wanted one too.

People got robbed for the iphones, beaten for them, those that had them definitely had an advantage over others by having handheld internet access and small personal super computers. But the Business world already had the same via blackberries. All the Iphone had done, was create a glorified blackberry that was also an mp3 player and created a user based app store.

If you look at the history of the world, industrial tech has always given people/countries power over others. The first planes, trains, cars, boats, agricultural tech, etc. Eventually everyone else catches up.

Same with A.I. based transhumanism. Who ever has it will be at a huge advantage but eventually everyone will be part of it. May even be China who gets there first on a massive scale the way they are going

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Op you are the typical slave the illuminati just love.

You dont want to think for yourself, lazy pure and simple and easily lead.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
Op you are the typical slave the illuminati just love.

You dont want to think for yourself, lazy pure and simple and easily lead.

The paradox is that I guess you are a slave the illuminati just love as well, considering yo are using computers and the internet to make that post .....2 things that have become extensions of yourself for you to be knowledgable enough to know that illuminati exit.

If you use computers/internet, then you are already using the collective conscious-machine (a precursor to A.I.) to form your opinions and state them.

HAd you read the entire thread, you'd see that there are a TON of uses to using A.I. (which itself is entirely neutral)

There are even various philosophies and religions that say, that the body you are inhabiting right now, and the brain you use to form sentences, is itself a bio-mechanical machine that you have chosen to inhabit.

S'all relative son.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join