It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man catches largest python ever found in Florida, 18Ft. 128Lbs.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
That is a big snake.

Especially for a non native species.

These Burmese Pythons have no natural predators in Florida. Pictures have even surfaced of them eating alligators, though the authenticity of them is questionable. Still...

The Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission said Jason Leon, of Hialeah, found the 18-foot, 8-inch beast while riding in a rural area in southeast Miami-Dade County on May 11. About 3 feet of the snake was spotted sticking out of some roadside brush.

Unfortunately they killed the snake, but I guess what else are they going to do with them? These are large dangerous snakes. Especially for the very young. I wonder how long before someone's child is eaten or killed by one? I think it is more of a matter of when, rather than if.

Florida sponsored a python hunt earlier this year, that had less than positive results. Something like 30 snakes were caught.

Source

edit on 20-5-2013 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I was looking for a video where a rather large Python was in someones yard looking for the house hold pets but was discovered before it could eat Fifi. The Snake struck at the individual holding the camera....they are extremely fast when they want to be and if I remember right they can strike and capture/bite up to 1/3 their length. The following is a video of Gators and Pythons eating each other.

join