It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Energetic' storm warning issued (In Scotland)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Energetic' storm warning issued (In Scotland)

www.bbc.co.uk

Slow-moving thunderstorms with the risk of flash flooding are being forecast in eastern, central and southern Scotland.

The Met Office has issued both amber and yellow warnings for parts of the country in the afternoon and evening.

"Energetic" storms were forecast in eastern Scotland which were likely to spread into the central Lowlands and southern Scotland.

Particular areas of concern are populated centres around Dundee, east Tayside, Fife and the public was advised to be prepared for the risk of localised flash flooding.

edit on 20-5-2013 by captiva because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Interesting because the met has been forecasting today to be the warmest of our summer so far and myself and most people I have spoken to have never noted the description "Energetic storm warning" being used before.....As I type the sun is blazing down and the sky is clear blue...... Could be an interesting night here in Scotland..

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by captiva

Interesting because the met has been forecasting today to be the warmest of our summer so far and myself and most people I have spoken to have never noted the description "Energetic storm warning" being used before.....As I type the sun is blazing down and the sky is clear blue...... Could be an interesting night here in Scotland..

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Must be a new term within the BBC weather teams offices

I like this kind of weather, hoping it lashes down with major thunder and lightning

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
They keep changing the names of things. Now thunderstorms are called Energetic storms?

Boy, this climate change stuff has gotten a little overboard, We always had Tornadoes and Thunderstorms. I can see that they are getting worse but they sure blow these things up nowadays. We have to quit poisoning the world but they don't have to try to scare us into doing this. Get control of the corporations that death date things and fix the cars so they get at a minimum of seventy miles to a gallon. I know they can do that. We do not need cars that are quick as a bunny. Everything has gone amuck.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Yea, so do I. makes you feel alive....better get the chickens in if it appears though...they drown to easily. Cameras and sun tan lotion ready....sorted

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
You guys get all the best weather up there!...Along with all the best scenery
...The weather here has been a bit strange lately to. One min raining hard then warm sun the next...Weird

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

Yea our summer was 7th may this year...and my arc is nearly complete..oh, and we still have the June snow storms to look forward to

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I love thunderstorms. Shame the collie doesn't. I'm in the NE of England and it's looked like it was gonna thunder pretty much all day today. It's very calm and muggy.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Very Calm and Muggy today......the sky got dark and i could smell the thunder.....started to rain as i was leaving for home.....much clearer here...central Scotland.....
And now the Sport...

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDoctor46
You guys get all the best weather up there!...Along with all the best scenery
...The weather here has been a bit strange lately to. One min raining hard then warm sun the next...Weird

Oh they get it really cold up there sometimes, makes us in the south look like a bunch of big girls blouses.

I have one question to ask; " are you my mummy?"

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

...Yes they sure do get it cold up there....Hold on......Ill be your mummy if you want me to be

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
We are expecting severe weather and possible tornadoes here in the midwest US tonight. Here that means having a place without windows to hunker down and flashlights in case the power goes out. Stay safe over there!

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Where i live windows dont last long and most people have their power cut off anyway...candles in the wind comes to mind

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
What utter tripe, very humid but not one drop of rain, weather forecaster idiots

(except Laura Tobin, she's nice
)
edit on 20-5-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

top topics

join