It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Dehumanizing People!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Greetings, ATS!

Okay, I’ve got a burr under my saddle and its driving me nuts.

I am sick and tired of reading threads about how women are the root of all mankind’s problems. Can’t get a date? It’s because those darn women won’t give you the time of day…never mind the fact that you ooze disdain for women with every word. Society’s going to the dogs? It’s the fault of those darn women. How dare they want equal pay for equal work. How dare they have the audacity to want to live a life where they make their own decisions.

Honestly, what gives, ATS? We’re supposed to be denying ignorance and moving past this grade school mentality. Why are there so many threads blaming women OR men for all the evils in our society?

It’s the same as arguing that all Muslims are evil terrorists, all Christians deluded fundamentalists, all, all, all. That’s the problem right there…the word all.

When you categorize an entire group of people by one characteristic, you dehumanize them. And I propose that dehumanization is what leads to rape, murder, and ultimately, wars.

So please. Take a moment and recognize that people are people. Women, men, Muslims, lesbians, whoever…..we’re all just people.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Although I agree with your overall sentiment, there are problems in our society regarding gender.

Misogyny is alive and well within our society but so is Misandry. And we don't talk about Misandry in our society as it's considered to be somehow sexist and the Modern Feminist movement has been twisted beyond being recognizable.

It's important that we discuss these issues, but not blame ourselves for the divisions, considering that they are mostly caused on purpose as a method of control.

~Tenth

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
OO

I have no idea who said what and where, but I'll just be over here... under the covers.

+4 more 
posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Can we still make dehumanizing posts about politicians? They may not all start out as evil, but I'm pretty sure the majority of them end up that way!

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Take a deep breath and count to 10. It's going to be Ok.

I must have missed the threads you are referring to. Sure, we get one of them every few weeks. But, it's been a while since I've seen one.

Either way, I think letting them get under your skin is just feeding the fire. It's what their intentions are. Laugh them off and they lose their influence.

Don't give them the satisfaction of effecting you.

+5 more 
posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
You know, I'm actually perfectly fine playing the role of a woman in society. From the dawn of time it has been about man and woman. One cannot survive without the other. I think women are straying too far from the nest and maybe we have caused a bunch of problems. Men are the hunters, we are the gatherers. We are there to help, understand, love unconditionally and back our man 100%.

If we all worked communally, life would be so much more fulfilling and us ladies wouldn't feel compelled to compete against man. I don't need to prove myself to anybody -- I just want to love and be loved.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Greetings, ATS!

Okay, I’ve got a burr under my saddle and its driving me nuts.

I am sick and tired of reading threads about how women are the root of all mankind’s problems. Can’t get a date? It’s because those darn women won’t give you the time of day…never mind the fact that you ooze disdain for women with every word. Society’s going to the dogs? It’s the fault of those darn women. How dare they want equal pay for equal work. How dare they have the audacity to want to live a life where they make their own decisions.

Honestly, what gives, ATS? We’re supposed to be denying ignorance and moving past this grade school mentality. Why are there so many threads blaming women OR men for all the evils in our society?

One word: Troy! - What you thought you could get away with that one?

Lighten up smylee

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I try to view all people as equal for the most part. At the basis of their true being.

The real problems here are our cultural indoctrination, and our belief that this doctrine is actually our own personal belief when in fact it was suggested to us by outside forces with $$$ on their minds.

Think about it.
Why would anyone manipulate people into dehumanizing each other?

Profit, control, power....

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Equal? Pshhht Women RULE!! aha.

Only Joking - But I do enjoy manhating for a weebit lol, at least OUR arguments make logical sense - Most of the mens arguments are based on their own insecurities.

Score one for Smylee!

FYI - I've saw a few of the threads Smylee is relating too.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
As always smylee I agree with you. But you have to look at the nature of blame. There is the righteous blame where there is no room to dispute and the issue is what it is plain and simple. Then there is the blame born of fear ie. fear that the situation at hand is out of their control and then blame erroneously
I happened to see this first hand with my own son (who is a grown man btw) say to me, "the problem with the world today is women's lib that's where the problems started. If women stayed home taking care of the family..." Yep this life that I brought forth into the world said that to me. LOL yes I'm laughing because I honestly believe he does not feel that way. But at the time his life was spinning out of control (nasty divorce w/ children involved) and I'm sure at the time he honestly felt it due to his circumstances

I think that is what we're seeing today with the blame game Smylee. People feel out of control they know things should not be the way that they are but feel helpless to do anything about it. People are waking up from lies they've been fed for so long that they are little groggy so to speak and just not quite sure where to point the finger.

Don't be exasperated by them, just try to show them the truth gently until they become fully aware. Good post! s n f

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
This is the problem with people who are fighting for equality and tolerance. They call themselves tolerant, but they are all intolerant of intolerant people.

edit on 20-5-2013 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Misogyny is alive and well within our society but so is Misandry. And we don't talk about Misandry in our society as it's considered to be somehow sexist and the Modern Feminist movement has been twisted beyond being recognizable.
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Both are reprehensible, IMO.

You are right, the only way to make things better is to bring it out into the open. Frank and honest discussion is the goal...but how do you intelligently discuss the problems with someone who refuses to recognize that people are just...people? Ultimately responsible for their own beliefs and actions?

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
This is the problem with people who are fighting for equality and tolerance. They call themselves tolerant, but they are all intolerant of intolerant people.

edit on 20-5-2013 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

That, my friend, just made my day.

It also made my head spin. Kudos to you.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

You are right, the only way to make things better is to bring it out into the open. Frank and honest discussion is the goal...but how do you intelligently discuss the problems with someone who refuses to recognize that people are just...people? Ultimately responsible for their own beliefs and actions?

Trying to argue with a feminist, or a masculanist is quite tiresome. What I tend to do is start with the labeling.

Why do you label yourself a feminist, masculanist or anti-feminist/masculanist? What definition do you prescribe to that term?

You'll find a lot of the time people are just confused about the meaning. Since the ONLY proper stance today is to be Egalitarian, you'll find a lot of people change their tune when provided with the ACTUAL definitions of what they label themselves with.

Now then again, some people are just caught up in the Us vs Them mentality that is prevalent in our culture. This is by design. Those who pull the strings would rather have us arguing amongst ourselves over issues that they've caused, instead of us addressing the root cause of our problems.

Which is always them as we all have noticed.

There's no easy answer, but you can't give up on trying to educate people. It's the greatest tool we have as people of knowledge and truth. We may not be able to make the large and significant changes we want to see, but we can influence other people to want those things too.

The more of us screaming for a change, the more likely we are to go it, one way, or another.

~Tenth

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

There's nothing like a good paradox to scramble the mind

No offense intended to you or the thread. I just couldn't resist.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Extremism in any form is usually a bad thing.

I am however still coming around to the notion that Women are not the root of all evil...I suppose not unlike you smyleegrl they can't all be bad!

I do know that humans need to stop putting blame on them or the president or the devil.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

There's nothing like a good paradox to scramble the mind

No offense intended to you or the thread. I just couldn't resist.

No offense taken, I assure you.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

The way I see it is there is lots of people that live a miserable life and they need someone to blame. They like to point the finger at others to make themselves feel better. It is a sad way of life. Some people can be helped others just like to hate. Some may never realize It is all in there own head and the pain is caused by themselves alone. Some people are just looking for attention and a response from people.
I have read some threads you are referring to. You have always given people very good advise. Don't let them get you down. Look at the bright side. For every one person you try to help and give good advise another hundred may read it and take it.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I am however still coming around to the notion that Women are not the root of all evil...I suppose not unlike you smyleegrl they can't all be bad!
reply to post by abeverage

So....does this mean I'm the root of all evil? I got kinda confused with all the negatives in your post.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

This is not a new rant. I think I have even posted about this in the past as have many others. In the 4 yrs I've been on this site i have seen more women hating threads than male hating threads on here. It seems many of the men of ATS have been burned and blame the entire female population for it. It is really annoying I agree!!

Heck I've been burned so bad many times over yet i don't hate all men for it. Why blame ALL men for the actions of a few.

I so get what you are saying and yes on here it gets really ridiculous at times. Most don't want to look at themselves and change it's always the woman's fault.

edit on 5/20/2013 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join