It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is something wrong with me?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by PsiOpSky

You're not odd at all. And I think that you are mature beyond your years. The same friends that look at you now as if you are odd, will be the same people who later in life will admire your outlook, and probably come to you for advice ?

Most think that at your age its all about going out, getting drunk, and bedding as many women as you can. You have seen through this conditioned façade, and I only wish I had of been able to see through it at your age. Oh the mistakes I have made !

I wish you all the best in the future and do not change who you are. Embrace it

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Hello, my friend.

To ask whether something is "wrong" with you is to apply a presumed value judgement.

I, too, don't really "party". I prefer quiet, peaceful surroundings. I pick up strange frequencies in my ears, I have exploding head syndrome, social anxiety disorder, you name it. I get very depressed and angry sometimes.

But I'm also awesome. (By my standards.)

If you like the person you are, then there cannot be something "wrong" with you unless you're looking at yourself from other people's perspectives, and those perspectives imply a value judgement that states you are inferior. If you want to live up to everyone else's expectations, that's entirely your choice - but it's a hell of a lot more difficult than living up to your own. Believe me.

My advice, for what it's worth: always do what feels right for you, so long as no-one else gets hurt.

(I wish I could take my own advice sometimes.)

People like us, the weirdos - we're the ones that change history.

Peace

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
OK it looks like most people here think you are awesome. I'll play too. You are truly special as we all our. Keep up the good work. Don't get jaded by life.

Also don't take all the mushy stuff too seriously that people like us change the world. Hitler, Nero, Napolean, Pharoah, indeed all world leaders are not like this and they changed the world.

In a bad way of course.

Indeed the truth is that being quite and right often leads to your own suppression. No matter, better to be suppressed and good than in power and evil.

edit on 21-5-2013 by LastStarfighter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

hmm let me ask you one thing.. what is the reason for your question. you seem to like yourself so why do you want to hear that everything is ok with u. how is your reflection about vain parts in you.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

I liked myself too, but what if you are the only one who likes you?

Feeling loved because of love is the greatest of all things.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

no the greatest of all things is unconditional love

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

Oneliners are not allowed.

You have been seen.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I'm just the same as you, and probably most of the people who hang out in this forum are.

Sometimes I worry about what people think of me, I get overly self conscious, and I feel judged by everyone. I want to have long meaningful discussions, my friends want to banter and have fun. Not that i'm boring or anything

Weather it's a bad thing or good is up to you I suppose, find a passion and maybe you'll get respect for your achievements. We all just want respect at the end of the day right?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
You sound interesting and awesome.

Maybe you can find some explanation in Myer's Briggs.

www.myersbriggs.org...

Mostly though, just be. Don't question it too much.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Your problem is very ordinary if not a common one. Judging from your 1st two lines it is plain to see you are not a conformist. Now, if you were talking to the establishment they would have you believe that you are totally messed up in the head. Mainly because you think for yourself. That makes you particularly hard to market for, and after all if you're not a good purchaser you are worthless to them.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Sound like a 60's child to me:-). What you described sounds great. People say your odd because they feel threatened by anything that is different from them (identity stuff). Find people like you - if you can. My son is a gentle soul and it isn't easy to find others who are like this. Too much competition and machoism going on or something.

With your vibrations, I've been getting those too so you have company there. However, today mine were aggravating me (like electricity in the air). Wish I could be more of a type B personality and meditate, be chill most of the time. Always too much to do.

Your not weird. At least you don't sound weird to me.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I am almost 27 myself, and I feel I have lived quite a lot in that short amount of time. But ever since I left the USAF, about 5 or so years ago, I have changed considerably. I can relate to not wanting to go to parties, or be around "party type" people. That never really seemed all that fun to me. I don't like it when people mess with me either, sort of like a personal space thing I guess. It was not this bad in high school, and I sort of just went with what everyone else did, so I don't suppose I seemed abnormal in any way. I only let a few people actually get to know me relatively well, and even then not completely.

I always felt I could talk to girls moreso than guys, but if it was a girl I actually liked, of course I never attempted to be thoroughly myself. It was the girls that I was not interested in, the ones I actually talked to relatively openly, who would of course like me. I suppose it has to do with the fact that when you are not interested in someone, you are generally more confident, without thinking about it or trying to be.

I have enjoyed solitude my whole life, but it has gotten stronger these past 5 years or so. So I can definitely relate to certain aspects of what you saying. Do I however think you are normal? What is normal? Normal is relative I suppose, and I cannot believe that we should judge one another based on what the majority do. But I can assure you there are people just like you. I do have another thought though. Maybe, for all your maturity, you are not mature when it comes to certain things, and you are insecure in certain areas. Those two things can have similar affects to what you describe. But part of the problem is that identifying and then admitting these setbacks to yourself is quite difficult.

The subconscious wants to help us grow spiritually and emotionally, while the conscious mind attempts to avoid pain, which means not acknowledging problems that are present. When we ignore these problems for too long, we start getting psychosomatic illnesses, bad dreams, etc. I personally believe that many illnesses are psychosomatic. They are the direct result of conflicts between different parts of consciousness, or the brain, soul, whatever...

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I don't see the point in the meaningless reproductive process,I don't see the opposite gender as a way to obtain pleasure,

This is the only part that gives me cause for concern. Everything else you mentioned has to do with personal choices and preferences. But, when you write 'meaningless reproductive process' if you are referring to the process of engaging in sex, this is a physical matter. If your brain isn't manufacturing the sex hormones (that make us all horny to ensure proliferation of the species) then this isn't a choice or a preference.

If this is the case with you, I'd have it checked because you don't know what else your brain isn't producing (that it should). Not a doctor, but if I were to suddenly notice that I was no longer sexually aroused by, well, by anything, my first thought would be a brain tumor blocking my brain from making those sex hormones.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

to the "OP"
Never feel your being different is a weakness because it is totally where you will find your strength's your differences are what make you (you) a Human Individual (& I feel maybe one of the first to wake up fully for a long time, in this life dimension!) stay strong & true to yourself!

edit on 21-5-2013 by maxrockerfella because: my spelling is atrocious!!!!!

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
First impression after reading your opening post: though you seem to be very perceptive to the nuances of your personality, you are (or seem) very full of yourself.

A lot of people with an adequate (or more, as in your case) level of confidence are "full of themselves".

For that reason, no, nothing is wrong with you--like many people, you're just slightly, unhealthily self-impressed.
edit on 21-5-2013 by 0x00000017 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Go with it, only a fool wants to be like others. There is a joke about intelligence and conforming, those who are fools always ask why I am not like others. Those who are truly wise ask why others are not like me!

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Nah, there's nothing wrong with you, and probably some things that are right, from my point of view. You sound thoughtful and introspective, and what's the matter with that? It's good to be in touch with yourself. You may be a 'sensitive', in a psychic way I mean, what with the vision of the man and the vibrations. I wish I had that.

I myself have been called a non-conformist, or similar, any number of times in my life. I've never much taken to fads, fashions, etc., I'm myself. Truly, my spirituality keeps me grounded. Many things come and go, but that always remains.

So far as the "reproductive process" is concerned, some people don't have much desire for physical *ahem*, you know, their interests lie elsewhere. I too prefer the company of woman, but then again I'm a bit of a flirt, or at least I was until I met my wife. Now I only flirt with her. There's nothing wrong with that, or what you're doing either.

I used to drink, sometimes in copious amounts, but decided to give it up when I got tired of it clouding my judgment. All of this is cool with me, I'm pretty content. So stay true to yourself, and don't let anybody sway your vision. You may be on a journey of some kind. Just keep learning, you sound like a good observer.

By the way, from what I know of life, "normal" is just a setting on a dryer.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
You sound interesting and awesome.

Maybe you can find some explanation in Myer's Briggs.

www.myersbriggs.org...

Mostly though, just be. Don't question it too much.

Thank you Kosmicjack.
It was rather interesting

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
OP, I am old, took me a long time to get where you are and I wouldn't go back. I never felt I fit in from childhood and certainly not now but that is okay. From what I see of some of my peers, they never grow and remind me of high school where I use to foolishly think, someday they won't act this way.

Sex is a hormone thing which is usually rampant in youth, but there is nothing wrong with seeing the reckless use of it. I suspect that if you meet the right person, and only the right person, everything will change. I speak from experience.

Also, suspect you have been this route more times than most and have learned some lessons. Embrace them.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join