It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia Republican: ‘Black civil rights leaders’ responsible for ‘genocide’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I wish I was kidding.

E.W Jackson, a Harvard graduate and pastor had this to say last year in a Youtube Video:

“The Democrat Party has created an unholy alliance between certain so-called civil rights leaders and Planned Parenthood, which has killed unborn black babies by the tens of millions,” he said in a video published to his official YouTube page. “Planned Parenthood has been far more lethal to black lives than the KKK ever was.”

Raw Story

The video in question.

Now, I don't know about you, but I highly doubt that Planned Parenthood, is responsible for MILLIONS of abortions. That's just some emotionally tired argument of nonsense. What's even more hilarious, is that he says all this while standing in front of a picture of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr..

Unbelievable what some of these people's ideals and opinions are. Is this really the face that the Republican Party wants to show?

~Tenth
edit on 5/20/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
You already have a stance but you didn't look up the actual abortion statistics?
Why didn't you list them for comparison?

I didn't watch the video so I won't comment on that.

Hmm I sense some bias here based on political affiliation.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Ok I watched half the video. His words may make a lot of sense but his hand signals are ultra suspicious IMHO.

Look at the hand symbol he keeps making. What could that mean? Hmm.
I won't trust this guy at all even if he says the right things. Tricky.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

The sarcasm is a bit much, but being Canadian, I could care less if it was republican or democrat.

Here are the stats, they aren't what I was expecting to be honest.

• Nearly half of pregnancies among American women are unintended, and about four in 10 of these are terminated by abortion.[1] Twenty-two percent of all pregnancies (excluding miscarriages) end in abortion.[2]

• Forty percent of pregnancies among white women, 67% among blacks and 53% among Hispanics are unintended.[1] • In 2008, 1.21 million abortions were performed, down from 1.31 million in 2000. However, between 2005 and 2008, the long-term decline in abortions stalled. From 1973 through 2008, nearly 50 million legal abortions occurred.[2]

• Each year, two percent of women aged 15–44 have an abortion. Half have had at least one previous abortion.[2,3]

• At least half of American women will experience an unintended pregnancy by age 45, and, at current rates, one in 10 women will have an abortion by age 20, one in four by age 30 and three in 10 by age 45.[4,5]

WHO HAS ABORTIONS?

• Eighteen percent of U.S. women obtaining abortions are teenagers; those aged 15–17 obtain 6% of all abortions, teens aged 18–19 obtain 11%, and teens younger than age 15 obtain 0.4%.[6]

• Women in their 20s account for more than half of all abortions; women aged 20–24 obtain 33% of all abortions, and women aged 25–29 obtain 24%.[6]

• Non-Hispanic white women account for 36% of abortions, non-Hispanic black women for 30%, Hispanic women for 25% and women of other races for 9%.[6]

• Thirty-seven percent of women obtaining abortions identify as Protestant and 28% as Catholic.[6]

• Women who have never married and are not cohabiting account for 45% of all abortions [6]

• About 61% of abortions are obtained by women who have one or more children. [6]

• Forty-two percent of women obtaining abortions have incomes below 100% of the federal poverty level ($10,830 for a single woman with no children).[6]

• Twenty-seven percent of women obtaining abortions have incomes between 100–199% of the federal poverty level.* [6]

• The reasons women give for having an abortion underscore their understanding of the responsibilities of parenthood and family life. Three-fourths of women cite concern for or responsibility to other individuals; three-fourths say they cannot afford a child; three-fourths say that having a baby would interfere with work, school or the ability to care for dependents; and half say they do not want to be a single parent or are having problems with their husband or partner.[7]

Source

I dunno how legit these stats are though, just something I googled.

ALL of that aside, the man's emotionally charged rhetoric still isn't helping anybody. It's certainly not like these abortion are targeted.

Nobody is forcing particular groups to have abortions one way or another. These procedures are self sought as of the information I have.

~Tenth

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Thanks for the links, I like it when you prove me wrong.
That is interesting information.

In relation to this dude in the video I agree he is very charged.
His hand signs tipped me off.

He is using neuro-linguistic and pictographic programming techniques against people who aren't aware yet.

Notice the 4 photos of very famous and revered historical figures?
He is programming the subconscious, or at least trying to.

Now granted, this type of thing is so commonplace in our society most people do it without realizing they are doing it. Call it the marketing mentality or whatever you wish. It's real and I just exposed it.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Virginia Republican is right.
He's sensationalistic in his approach to get the facts out.
But he's right.

ATS Thread from 2006 - Abortion is Black Genocide

Even Jesse Jackson, before he sold out, said that abortion is black genocide.
And Margaret Sanger hated black people .. wanted them controlled.

Website - Abortion is black genocide

I don't think that black people have to worry about being wiped out by abortion.
But the fact is that abortion numbers are highly disproportionate.
And planned parenthood makes a killing (literally) off black abortions.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Actually I hadn't noticed the hand signs, thanks for that. I've been trying to pay more attention to visual Q's like that.

~Tenth

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I guess it's all part of the Dialectic.

Concepts, like "logos" or rational appeal, "pathos" or emotional appeal, and "ethos" or ethical appeal, are intentionally used by rhetoricians to persuade an audience.[3]

Hegelian dialectic, usually presented in a threefold manner, was stated by Heinrich Moritz Chalybäus as comprising three dialectical stages of development: a thesis, giving rise to its reaction, an antithesis, which contradicts or negates the thesis, and the tension between the two being resolved by means of a synthesis.

Divide and Conquer?

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Actually I hadn't noticed the hand signs, thanks for that. I've been trying to pay more attention to visual Q's like that.

~Tenth

Yeah it's hard to remember sometimes because we are too trusting.
I didn't notice it until after a few minutes, at that point I was like whoa wait a minute.
What's this guy really up to here?

It's a common marketing tactic though, to say all the perfect right stuff to your target audience while slipping in little advertisements for the secret product. A product the target audience may not be willing to purchase without prior manipulation and conditioning.

I wonder what the product is?

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Thanks FF, I'll need to look into that a bit more. It would not surprise me that there's some nefarious vision by some to have the black population decimated. They did it Canada with Aboriginals over the last 400 years so I can't say it would not happen to others.

~Tenth

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
There have been, since 1980
over one billion abortions.

according to this website, at least when I clicked on it.
It's running in real time and will be higher by the moment you read this.

number of abortions in the us

If we include the entire world the number is probably higher.

Mike

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Look up Margaret Sanger .. the 'mother' of Planned Parenthood .. and her 'negro project'.
It'll scare the stuff'n out of you ... and it'll seriously make you wonder about the ghouls at
Planned Parenthood getting rich off the bodies of dead black babies and poor black women.
THAT is a conspiracy worthy of ATS discussion!!

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Also for reading if anyone is interested in the 4 figures used in the video.

Harriet Tubman
George Washington Carver
Frederick Douglass
MLK Jr

All people with histories worth learning about.

So even though I feel the use of the photos is somewhat marketing style technique, I also think it was nice he picked individuals that were worth digging up links for to share with everyone.

About abortion I have a mixed view. I would never choose it for my family because I love all of my offspring.
I also am against making it illegal. I believe we should use compassion and education to remedy the problem (which has a root source in irresponsible sex culture based on mostly ignorance).

So let's work on education initiatives to solve the problems before anyone ever "makes the mistake".
We can't save everyone, but we can help some people save themselves.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikegrouchy
There have been, since 1980
over one billion abortions.

according to this website, at least when I clicked on it.
It's running in real time and will be higher by the moment you read this.

number of abortions in the us

If we include the entire world the number is probably higher.

Mike

That doesn't include China or India?
Wow that's a huge number.

Sick stuff dude, even if it's only partially true. Humans be messed up for real.
Must be a culture of selfishness and indignation. An ignorance of the consequences one's actions bring about.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Another interesting site ...
National Black Pro Life Union

Abortion has sucessfully killed 17 million black babies ..
Don't be fooled into thinking this is a republican vs democrat issue .. IT'S NOT!

Regarding blacks and immigrants MARGARET SANGER SAID: “they are…human weeds,’ ‘reckless breeders,’ ’spawning… human beings who never should have been born.”

On the right of married couples to bear children ..."Couples should be required to submit applications to have a child..." Margaret Sanger - Birth Control Review, April 1932

On sterilization & racial purification: Margaret Sanger believed for the purpose of racial “purification,” couples should be rewarded who chose sterilization. Birth Control in America, The Career of Margaret Sanger, by David Kennedy, p. 117, quoting a 1923 Sanger speech

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg New York Times interview July, 2009 - "Frankly I had thought that at the time Roe was decided, there was concern about population growth and particularly growth in populations that we don’t want to have too many of. So that Roe was going to be then set up for Medicaid funding for abortion."

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Look up Margaret Sanger .. the 'mother' of Planned Parenthood .. and her 'negro project'.
It'll scare the stuff'n out of you ... and it'll seriously make you wonder about the ghouls at
Planned Parenthood getting rich off the bodies of dead black babies and poor black women.

LIES...............

you do know that women VOLUNTARILY go to have an abortion, it's called choice....plus ...provide proof that planned parenthood is getting rich off of abortions......and "negro project"??? it's from 1939, and allowed black women to get "birth control" services denied to them, but already available for white women.

and the author of this thread should use a dictionary and look up "genocide"..... virgina republicans apparently don't use dictionaries
edit on 20-5-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
LIES...............

Nope. The truth.

you do know that women VOLUNTARILY go to have an abortion, it's called choice....

Sure it's choice. It's the genocide choice that's been handed to them wrapped in a bow.
But it doesn't change the statistics that show it' taking a bite out of the black population
due to the targeting of the poor black population and that the reason Sanger wanted
Planned Parenthood is because she was a stink'n racist.

plus ...provide proof that planned parenthood is getting rich off of abortions......

Oh for the love of Pete ... dude ... it's one of their incomes .. and they sell the dead
children's body parts to medical testing ... and Planned Parenthood is rich. Of course they
make money off abortions.

and "negro project"??? it's from 1939,

No kidding. I said so. It's pointing out the spirit of why Planned Parenthood
targets poor black people so much .. it's founder hated them.

As for your partisan comment that republicans don't know how to use a dictionary ...
The two websites I posted from are put together by BLACK Americans ...
Abortion is black genocide ... and the Black Pro Life websites .... by black people.
And both call Planned Parenthood targeting of black Americans what it is ...
attempted genocide of black people in order to make a MAKE MONEY.

So does that mean that, according to you, black people can't use a dictionary either?

edit on 5/20/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Yeah actually Hitler was inspired by this crap.
Pretty sick stuff when you learn about hidden eugenics history 101.

People check out Mein Kampf and the Margaret Sanger connection. They are both pretty open in their writings about their eugenics goals.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

"Forty percent of pregnancies among white women, 67% among blacks and 53% among Hispanics are unintended.[1] • In 2008, 1.21 million abortions were performed, down from 1.31 million in 2000. However, between 2005 and 2008, the long-term decline in abortions stalled. From 1973 through 2008, nearly 50 million legal abortions occurred.[2] "

Abortions carry medical and psychological risk and should be avoided.

Most abortions are due to unintended pregnancies which can and should be prevented by the use of birth control technology. Is using condoms considered genocide too? By this guy's logic I believe the answer would be yes.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
You'd be hard pressed to find another species that kills it's own young, especially for no other reason than "convenience". Yes, I do believe women should have control of their own bodies (and pregnancies) but I don't have to agree that abortion is right.
I really don't take much issue with what this man says. Democrats have become the ABC party; Anyone But Christians. So much for " diversity" and inclusion. I suppose that's as much the fault of the Republican party as they have been the extreme opposite - leaving no room for anyone except Christian conservatives. Somehow neither party truly represents the majority who neither identify themselves exclusively with race or religion but hold views somewhere in between.
More than anything this video shows the true need for a viable 3rd party in American politics.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join