It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange reveals government eavesdropping messages that allegedly speculate he's being framed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Wikileaks founder Julian Assange reveals government eavesdropping messages that allegedly speculate he's being framed

www.rawstory.com

Authorities at GCHQ, the government eavesdropping agency, are facing embarrassing revelations about internal correspondence in which Wikileaks founder Julian Assange is discussed, apparently including speculation that he is being framed by Swedish authorities seeking his extradition on rape allegations.

The records were revealed by Assange himself in a Sunday night interview with Spanish television programme Salvados in which he explained that an official request for information gave him access to instant messages that remained unclassified by GCHQ.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Well that's embarrassing for those involved isn't it?

I'm not sure about you guys, but I was always under the impression that the rape charges were created in order to discredit Assange and keep him quiet.

A message from September 2012, read out by Assange, apparently says: “They are trying to arrest him on suspicion of XYZ … It is definitely a fit-up… Their timings are too convenient right after Cablegate.”

The information he received is apparently limited and has not been made 'public' other than what he's discussed.

What do you think ATS?

~Tenth

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 5/20/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
The MO of the intelligence agencies.

Buy them, If you cant buy them:
Discredit them, if you can't discredit them
Frame them on sex and drug charges.

Don't make a martyr out of them.

It is always the same.

P

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

It's certainly typical of the media and 3 letter agencies to do these kinds of things to get people out of the way. To be honest I'm really surprised Julian is still alive.

I figured the British would have kicked down that door a long time ago and extradited him to Sweden. I know if he does end up being sent over there, we will probably never see him again.

~Tenth

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by pheonix358

It's certainly typical of the media and 3 letter agencies to do these kinds of things to get people out of the way. To be honest I'm really surprised Julian is still alive.

I figured the British would have kicked down that door a long time ago and extradited him to Sweden. I know if he does end up being sent over there, we will probably never see him again.

~Tenth

There are two possibilities.

1 He has a great deal of their dirty linen that they do not want exposed. or
2 They do not want to Martyr him.

Or of course, both.

Killing him would have some severe repercussions I think, otherwise he would have had a skiing accident or similar. I think it is a case of he has the goods on them and they know it. That is the only reason they have for leaving him alone. I suspect he has personal stuff on a few world leaders. That is my guess anyway.

P

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Looking at the website there's one particular user comment that really stood out.

retaliate

We already know about Ardin (aka Bernardin) and her CIA connection. We know both the women didn't make allegations until after they learned of each other sleeping with Assange. We know one of them attempted to delete evidence from Twitter whereby they had posted a statement about the great night they'd just had. We know they conspired to sell a story to the tabloids. We know about Sweden's prison-loan agreement with the US and how it can be used to mitigate the EU's extradition law restrictions. We know Irmeli Krans prepared a statement for Sophia Wilen accusing Assange of rape and that Wilen refused to sign it. We know the broken condom that Anna Ardin produced had no DNA from Assange on it, in fact it had not even been used.

We don't need GCHQ 'chatter' to figure out that something #ing fishy is going on. William Hague's sudden, desperate eagerness to extradite Assange also serves as an indication that neocons in the US and UK have been conspiring against him.

Ardin is not only a liar, Ardin (and Krans) tried to coerce Wilen into claiming she had been raped - Wilen refused to sign the statement.

I havent heard half the names, or these aspects of the case but i'll definitely take some time tomorrow and do some reading.

It's always been obvious that the rape case was being overblown deliberately to get him into US hands. Why else would he hide in the only embassy willing to stand up to the USA government?

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

It is my understanding that the two women are CIA operatives who were tasked with bedding him as it were - to then apply rape allegations. His evidence of conversations that support the fact he is being targetted sound right. Julian Assange has a legion of support and among that support will be people with access to technology, people and information that they will pass on to him.

The 'authorities' did a very poor job of interviewing the two women. The so called professionals interviewed the women together - that is something you never do - highly suspect. The women hung around after sex and apparenty one even purchased him dinner - hardly the actions of a rape victim!!!!

People who step up and live their lives with honesty and integrity - like Julian Assange - are inevitably scapegoats/victims/in the way and they suffer.

I have no doubt that Julian Assange is being targetted - he is a genuine hero - more power to him!!!

Much Peace...

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Even when this dude is stuck in an embassy, away from the majority of his contacts...he is still making people look like fools.

More power to him! Hope he outs every loser he possibly can.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
It’s only a Data Protection “subject access request”, so he would have got all the idle chatter between loads of staff (not spies) who work at GCHQ. Hardly newsworthy, although from Assange’s perspective it just keeps him in the news, rather than facing his accusers in Sweden.

He is such a victim, playing on the conspiracy to avoid facing serious accusations. There are real victims here – the two women.

Regards

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
As a British taxpayer I do not agree with our taxes being spent on 24/7 policing outside the Embassy where Julian currently is. The police being there on the off-chance Julian might leave the Embassy! What a waste of resources.

The UK can't even extradite Abu Hamza, who is more of a serious threat than Julian.

Anyone can see he is being fitted up, UK government are an embarrassment.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DeeKlassified

Abu Hamza is long gone, you must have missed it.

This is just idle gossip between GCHQ employees. We have no information on their status; could be filing clerks . We do know none of it represents official statements by GCHQ.

Another bit of chatter recorded was this :- " He reckons he will stay in the Ecuadorian embassy for 6 to 12 months when the charges will be dropped, but that is not really how it works, now is it ? ....He's a fool....Yeah... a highly optimistic fool."

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I would be very very carefull about mentioning this kind of "leaks". WL is being bombarded by faked leaks. Not sure why but perhaps they want to get fake leaks published then they can go on the news and declare how WL lies.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Anyone who has been paying attention knows the allegations are a complete set-up. I was hoping they'd find a way to smuggle him to Ecuador but apparently they haven't yet. The logistics of subverting tyranny are giving me a headache. I can't think of any way to get him out of there that doesn't involve 007, or the general populace doing something brave and selfless. And we know that isn't gonna happen.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I've seen it on Craigslist, someone offering a woman money to tell the world that some guy is her ex and got her pregnant or something. It's a scam, blackmail, extortion, whatever the other side can get out of it. Character assassinations.

It could happen in Switzerland too. What do you know, that's the devious games that governments play on individuals that they want to destroy. They hire an operative to put on a show and spoil the path of the one they want to get. Or, the flip side, it's a story from a man trying to run away from where his pants lead him. Gee, I wonder who Assange might have upset to get this sort of attention? Oh, that's right, he played the smart alek with national secrets of some country somewhere.

No matter where someone is on the planet now, when the Internet is used to cross national borders and if it manages to cross the eyes of the powers over there, they might just have the resources to travel an operative, agent, or other hired goon over to your place and do some international "public relations" if you get my drift. There is no rule on the planet that says they have to follow the rules, or play nice, or pick on someone their own size.

Assange took the risk of being the leader of this movement, he gets the consequences. The rape charge is nice compared to the spy charges that might carry a death sentence. I guess the next stop of the manipulation to hurt him would be to poison a drink.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Sandalphon

The rape charge is nice compared to the spy charges that might carry a death sentence.

What spy charges!

As an Australian citizen Julian can release whatever he wants in the way of classified Documents as long as none of them relate to Australia. The USA cannot just arrest any citizen anywhere because they accessed classified data. What, are they going to go and start arresting the head of Chinese intelligence.

Spy charges have never been laid, nor can they.

The rest of the world are not subject to US laws and we don't want to be.

P

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I had high hopes in 2002 when 3 women whistleblowers were named Times Man of the Year and when wikileaks started informing us of some of the atrocious activity being kept secret. I think of civilization as being where people treat each other with respect and our leaders are held to a higher standard. Clamping down on the freedom of the press reminds me of some failed states of the not-too-distant past. Ever hear the phrase, "You are only as sick as your secrets?"

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Yes, but this is not proof. These emails are nothing but speculation. Of course he likely is being framed, but these emails were not from anyone who is directly involved in trying to frame him. What I always assumed was that the Swedish authorities were being pressured extensively by certain agencies and individuals to setup Assange and make some charges stick. There is evidence to suggest that this was a classic honey-pot trap, just like the CIA perfected during the Cold War, and that the entire thing was fabricated to punish Assange for his involvement in Wikileaks.

It is not necessarily that what he did was illegal, but it is the fact that he embarassed a lot of individuals within the government. Of course he was not the one who stole the information in the first place. And Manning, in my eyes, simply revealed to the public the hypocrisy and certain illegal actions by the US government. The government is NOT above the law by any means, and if the only way for the people to find out that their government has gone rogue was for an intelligence analyst to leak the information, so be it. But the people needed to find out.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
That is awful and not at all surprising!

My thoughts and prayers are with all the wrongfully accused in the world!

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Nothing particularly revelatory here. Anyone with an even vaguely functioning brain has known from the moment the 'Collateral Murder' video was released that Assange would be in the U.S. warmonger's cross hairs.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeeKlassified
As a British taxpayer I do not agree with our taxes being spent on 24/7 policing outside the Embassy where Julian currently is. The police being there on the off-chance Julian might leave the Embassy! What a waste of resources.

The UK can't even extradite Abu Hamza, who is more of a serious threat than Julian.

Anyone can see he is being fitted up, UK government are an embarrassment.

As British taxpayers I'd say you would have a right to demand why such an exorbitant amount of money is being spent on the strength of 'allegations of rape'...you don't spend that amount of money on one person for no reason...of course, there is the possibility that CHC is being provided by other agencies...oh hang on...the U.S. is also interested in him...where are all the hard-earned tax dollars going?...obviously to keep an 'alleged' rapist from being brought to justice...sounds right to me...NOT...

Å99

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join